• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abc

Jan 6, 2007
A hung parliament would mean a second referendum, A Tory majority would mean leaving and negotiating a trade deal.

It’s quite straight forward. Sorry off out to dinner, but if it needs explanation, I'll do it later or when I'm sober :wink:

When you get back from dinner, could you explain please. Genuine request. I just cant see how a hung parliament will be any more capable of making a decision than it has been since the last election.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is this correct?
The crucial aspect from what I can gather from the ongoing spat is the relevance to the automatic release aspect without assessment from a parole board.
I was under the impression that Khan`s original sentence where he would have been subjected to a parole board review after his minimum term (8 years of 16)was quashed on appeal(in 2013) and he was now given(after appeal) a determinate sentence with automatic release on half (8 years) of his 16 year sentence and no parole board input to determine if he was still a threat. The Tories repealed the automatic release clause in law and changed it to parole board review after 2/3rds of sentence which was implemented in dec 2012, the judge in the appeal in 2013 though had to use the legislative guidelines toward determinate sentences at the time he committed the offence (2010) which was the labour legislation introduced in 2008 hence why he was able for automatic release on licence in 2018 without a parole board input.
Im starting to get the feeling successive governments for nearly two decades have simply failed to come to terms with the long term threat of these religious nutters and this is a collective failure we should all be angry about no matter what fence we perch on in the political spectrum.

You’re probably right.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A hung parliament would mean a second referendum, A Tory majority would mean leaving and negotiating a trade deal.

It’s quite straight forward. Sorry off out to dinner, but if it needs explanation, I'll do it later or when I'm sober :wink:

An O/T question - but do you ever eat in??! :smile:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When you get back from dinner, could you explain please. Genuine request. I just cant see how a hung parliament will be any more capable of making a decision than it has been since the last election.

A hung Parliament (probably with the Tories having the largest seat) would put us back where we were, with the Tories unable to get their hard Brexit through. So, it would almost certainly lead to a second referendum - because that's where it was inexorably heading before Johnson pulled his bill.

Tory Majority - would see a hard Brexit
Labour Majority - would lead to long negotiations, and then a second referendum (but probably later than we'd have had one with a hung Parliament)
Lib Dem Majority - not likely to happen, so not really worth considering

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have wasted quite a few hours arguing the toss with people who think a Boris majority would be marvellous, and anything else a betrayal or disaster, and I'll not shift from my view that a Boris majority would be a disgrace......but it is going to happen though, isn't it?

So, dunno why the tory activists on here are getting so agitated and relentless. Have I missed something (a late massive upswing for Jezza) like I did last time? ???

If I were a Boris boy I'd have my feet up and the telly on, and wouldn't be poncing about on NSC posting tropes and dodgy web links - looks pathetic, frankly. Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a broken nut :shrug:

Some people are quite weird. Or paid. Yes, paid must be the answer. How much, I wonder? ???

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have wasted quite a few hours arguing the toss with people who think a Boris majority would be marvellous, and anything else a betrayal or disaster, and I'll not shift from my view that a Boris majority would be a disgrace......but it is going to happen though, isn't it?

So, dunno why the tory activists on here are getting so agitated and relentless. Have I missed something (a late massive upswing for Jezza) like I did last time? ???

If I were a Boris boy I'd have my feet up and the telly on, and wouldn't be poncing about on NSC posting tropes and dodgy web links - looks pathetic, frankly. Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a broken nut :shrug:

Some people are quite weird. Or paid. Yes, paid must be the answer. How much, I wonder? ???

You said it . . .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Polls showing ( not they are anything to go by ) Conservative lead cut almost to hung parliament territory.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Polls showing ( not they are anything to go by ) Conservative lead cut almost to hung parliament territory.

Have I gone and done it again? :facepalm:

Last election I was urging people to vote anyone but Corbyn to get the soppy old git ousted so we could resume Sensible Labour.

And gammon on here call me a left wing fanatic. :facepalm:

Anyway....are you sure? Is there hope (of a Boris demise?).

No, I can't believe it. Look at all the support he has on NSC, for example.

I have been mocked and vilified for daring to suggest Boris is unfit to govern. Shirly I must be wrong? ??? Shirly?

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You said it . . .

Calm down, dear. I don't recall having had a run in with you. 'A quite sensible tory supporter who's views offend me not' would have been my verdict, if pressed into making one.

Surely you're not another old fellah who thinks that Corbyn wants to come round and smash your greenhouse windows and shit on your patio?

Anyway, don't worry, you and your Boris are bound to win. Sunny Uplands. Relax. Have a cigar. :thumbsup:

Edited: for misplaced punction, with tragic unforseen consequences :ffsparr: :lolol: Apols [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Calm down, dear. I don't recall having had a run in with you. 'A quite sensible tory supporter who's views offend me' not would have been my verdict, if pressed into making one.

Surely you're not another old fellah who thinks that Corbyn wants to come round and smash your greenhouse windows and shit on your patio?

Anyway, don't worry, you and your Boris are bound to win. Sunny Uplands. Relax. Have a cigar. :thumbsup:

Never give up HWT.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gap is closing but still heading for a Conservative majority unless Boris or JRM are allowed to talk when they could well put the spanner in the works

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gap is closing but still heading for a Conservative majority unless Boris or JRM are allowed to talk when they could well put the spanner in the works

Just saw a focus group of C2 & D voters in West Midlands on C4 News, all Labour Leave voters, all switching to the Tories.

Only tactical voting on mass can stop a Tory majority

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

A hung parliament will not, cannot, involve the Tories.

A coalition, or less formal agreement, would include any or all from: Labour, SNP, Lib Dems, Independents and Grrens.

All will support a confirmatory referendum.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just saw a focus group of C2 & D voters in West Midlands on C4 News, all Labour Leave voters, all switching to the Tories.

Only tactical voting on mass can stop a Tory majority

Did anyone remind them that the tories have been in power for the past 9 years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here