• Poll closed .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1201542463430811652[/TWEET]

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hopefully there a lot of people not manipulated by the press who do not want a serial lair as PM as well.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't want Johnson as PM, he is a prat; but he is the lesser of two evils.
For me, the only silver lining on the cloud if Corbyn became PM would be that it is highly unlikely he would command a majority, and hopefully, his 'partners' would be able to restrain him and McDonnell from totally wrecking the British economy.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Unfortunately FAR TOO many thick working class people still do buy The Mail and The Express and suck up the pro-Tory shite they spout. Fortunately a lot of them probably don’t bother voting is the only saving grace.

Harsh, but on the other side of the coin, it may be said that there are sure to be a load of 'thick' people, naive young people and middle class liberal elite types, who vote for Corbyn and suck up the shite that he and McDonnell spout, especially regards their plans for the economy.
I think a lot of those working class 'thick' people, as you call them, no longer feel the Labour Party represents them and so are looking elsewhere. Meanwhile, some of the 'liberal middle classes' may be thinking he is 'the business'. If he has his way, I think they may quickly become disillusioned when reality kicks in.
P.S.Personally, I am sick to the back teeth with all the nastiness that surrounds politics these days and ,as I have said before, the older I get, the more I come round to the idea that some kind of proportional representation may be the way forward.:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Personally, I am sick to the back teeth with all the nastiness that surrounds politics these days and ,as I have said before, the older I get, the more I come round to the idea that some kind of proportional representation may be the way forward.:thumbsup:

hqdefault.jpg

:wink:

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Harsh, but on the other side of the coin, it may be said that there are sure to be a load of 'thick' people, naive young people and middle class liberal elite types, who vote for Corbyn and suck up the shite that he and McDonnell spout, especially regards their plans for the economy.
I think a lot of those working class 'thick' people, as you call them, no longer feel the Labour Party represents them and so are looking elsewhere. Meanwhile, some of the 'liberal middle classes' may be thinking he is 'the business'. If he has his way, I think they may quickly become disillusioned when reality kicks in.
P.S.Personally, I am sick to the back teeth with all the nastiness that surrounds politics these days and ,as I have said before, the older I get, the more I come round to the idea that some kind of proportional representation may be the way forward.:thumbsup:

Dear Bock F, I`m probably one of those liberal elite types and obviously need to be re-educated into economic reality. Can you explain to me why labours plans for the economy are "shite"? Best wishes, BenG

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Palacefinder [B said:
General;9156090]Unfortunately F[/B]AR TOO many thick working class people still do buy The Mail and The Express and suck up the pro-Tory shite they spout. Fortunately a lot of them probably don’t bother voting is the only saving grace.

It was only last week when a poster took me to task for saying that of all the arrogant posters who claim to be superior, most tend to be leftie/liberal. I advised him to read NSC for the evidence he requested.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Dear Bock F, I`m probably one of those liberal elite types and obviously need to be re-educated into economic reality. Can you explain to me why labours plans for the economy are "shite"? Best wishes, BenG

Hi Ben, sorry, I am not going to oblige. Life is too short and there have been plenty of views already aired on this ranty thread for God knows how long.
If you feel in need of further explanation, I am sure Mr.Google will come to your aid.:thumbsup:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Definitely the worst option would be a Conservative majority with Johnson pressing ahead into another 10 years of further extensions, further negotiations of trade deals, threats of 'no deal' in order to get a 'good deal', no indication of future tariffs and all the bluff and bluster that would go with that. How any business is supposed to try and navigate through that I have no idea. I agree with you totally, that would be the death knell for a lot more businesses :down:

The worst option by far would be a hung parliament. No further forward and no way of moving forward. All three parties offer, to different degrees, some hope of change to the mess of the last three years.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It was only last week when a poster took me to task for saying that of all the arrogant posters who claim to be superior, most tend to be leftie/liberal. I advised him to read NSC for the evidence he requested.

I'm far too polite to say you are correct, Hastings, but you are correct, without a doubt!
There, I've said it!:D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The worst option by far would be a hung parliament. No further forward and no way of moving forward. All three parties offer, to different degrees, some hope of change to the mess of the last three years.

A hung parliament would mean a second referendum, A Tory majority would mean leaving and negotiating a trade deal.

It’s quite straight forward. Sorry off out to dinner, but if it needs explanation, I'll do it later or when I'm sober :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A hung parliament would mean a second referendum, A Tory majority would mean leaving and negotiating a trade deal.

It’s quite straight forward. Sorry off out to dinner, but if it needs explanation, I'll do it later or when I'm sober :wink:

Don't be so superior. You'll agitate the protogammon (not yet grizzling but damned well tempted to go full in). :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hi Ben, sorry, I am not going to oblige. Life is too short and there have been plenty of views already aired on this ranty thread for God knows how long.
If you feel in need of further explanation, I am sure Mr.Google will come to your aid.:thumbsup:

Poor work :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hung parliament and Labour, SNP, Lib Dems and Green (s) form a coalition together and put Brexit back to the people for another referendum with choice of Cobbled together deal/ Remain, Remain wins spectacular overwhelming vote and Farage vows to carry on claiming his MEP wages while touring the UK scrounging pints and banging tubs.

Boris Johnson weighs up his options and decides to retire from politics and write a 10 book autobiography calculating that his ex PM's permanent Special Security detail will keep him safe from spurned lovers and fat blonde kids claiming he is their dad. ERG members all commit mass suicide echoing the Heaven's Gate Religious Group in claiming that Brexit exists in a parallel galaxy, although there is some disagreement as to whether Norway ++ exists in the same galaxy as the one they are going to.

We then embark on a 30 year coalition to try to recover the Lost Years of Austerity and eliminate poverty in the UK.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But mocking lefties and liberals for their arrogance is OK?

Anyway I admire your willingness to let them have access to power via PR. You do realise that under PR, unless a party gets over 50% of the vote (never happened in my lifetime) you always get a coalition, and by today's stats that could be labour plus others? ???

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

So you make a statement that you cannot back up and have no evidence for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here