Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If I remember from the article her phrase was "occasionally" …. not sure how many that means. The idea of offsetting your carbon is complete bollocks - the carbon has still been pushed out into the climate - it's just a way for those that produce carbon to make them feel good about themselves.

That as maybe but you seemed to suggest that she flies quite often.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That's a pretty poor excuse. If something is addressed to the household I leave it on the table for all to read. I struggle with the concept of the Green Party being green if they waste so many resources ( but then Lucas doesn't mind taking long haul flights ) - do as I say not as I do.

How else do you suggest she visits her son in the US?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
...in the opinion of "The Sun".

I am not saying Ed Milliband would have been the best PM we've ever had, but in a parallel universe there is a country putting up with a decade of "chaos" under that bloke.

The lucky LUCKY bàstards.

Not just the opinion of the Sun,as not every sensible voter reads it!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

st greta of thunberg.png

The Green way.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I imagine the Green Party's marketing strategy is probably to communicate with as many people as possible, rather than hope everyone adopts the WS "I let everyone in the household read anything addressed to the household" policy which you adhere to.

And yet other parties and businesses manage to just put a single flyer through my door - many addressed to the 'Householder'. How strange.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

My suggestion is less her not visiting her son and more don't preach to other people when you do exactly what you preach against.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And yet other parties and businesses manage to just put a single flyer through my door - many addressed to the 'Householder'. How strange.
Regardless, it's a very trivial mistake isn't it? Unless of course these leaflets are made of plastic that doesnt decompose. Just the sort of crap anti-Green party drivel you might see ad finitum in the Daily Express if the Greens ever became a major threat to the Tories. Or Brexit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
That's a pretty poor excuse. If something is addressed to the household I leave it on the table for all to read. I struggle with the concept of the Green Party being green if they waste so many resources ( but then Lucas doesn't mind taking long haul flights ) - do as I say not as I do.

My suggestion is less her not visiting her son and more don't preach to other people when you do exactly what you preach against.

I've heard her call for a frequent flyer levy and binding emission reductions targets for the aviation industry, but has she said people shouldn't fly?

edit: here's something she wrote for Metro earlier this year https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/10/we-c...ange-until-we-change-the-way-we-fly-10138400/ No mention of banning air travel...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That as maybe but you seemed to suggest that she flies quite often.

That's possible of course. She would have very motive in playing down the occasions, so "occasionally" is perhaps deliberately vague. I would also use a flight if I had a son in the US, or anywhere else that is far away, but not sure at all that I would then have the nerve to be lecturing others on the environment.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Paul Kelso
(@pkelso)
Consensus of a half-a-dozen delegates at @CBItweets conference on Johnson/Corbyn: underwhelmed. BJ viewed as more entertaining, Corbyn stronger on detail, no-one wild about either.

November 18, 2019

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Fib Dem "Remain Bonus". Is this technically a bribe?

No. It's the money the UK saves in not leaving the EU plus the money which it gains as a result of continued investment from certainty of the future.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bojo will be loving the Prince Andrew scandal, takes the heat off him when he could be getting torn to shreds

Welcome distraction for the masses....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here