Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Depends on the details, I guess.

If he's been cheating on his partner, and shagging any number of legal, consenting adults - agree - not big news - except as an illustration of his character.

Unless of course, his method of seduction, involved further misuse of public funds, favours or privileges.

Or even a 17 year old. Would all add to the fun, although I'm sure it is not the case.

Jan 30, 2008
Lib Dems the laughing stock of British politics and that's saying something , full of day dreamers and turn coats,Wake up call awaits them on the 13th December
Regards
DF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow, I think that graph was George Osborne's wet dream from about 2012. The reality as of 22nd October 2019

The UK's public finances have slipped further into the red after the government borrowed billions more than expected in the first half of the year.

The gap between income and expenditure was £7bn higher than in the same period last year, official figures revealed, leaving the UK on course for an annual deficit of £50bn

And with the Tories Little England Brexit disaster looming and a spending arms race with Labour looming, I'd say your graph is now pure fantasy

It's not my graph.

This is a similar one from the ONS - again showing the deficit increasing, massively, under Labour, continuing as the Tories came into power and then began reducing as austerity took hold.

I don't really have a point to this - I'm certainly not using it as a way to kick Labour (I'm not) nor defend the Tories (I'm certainly not). I do believe that the deficit would have continued to be high post-2010 if Labour had retained power, but that's symptomatic of the country trying to recover from the global financial crisis (note: I'm not saying it was Labour's fault), and not policy.

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.38.30.png

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A screen-shot from 20 years ago because that was the last time Labour had an electable leader.
...in the opinion of "The Sun".

I am not saying Ed Milliband would have been the best PM we've ever had, but in a parallel universe there is a country putting up with a decade of "chaos" under that bloke.

The lucky LUCKY bàstards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Corbyn = Messiah,Johnson = anti-Christ in his simplistic view.

I've not followed closely enough to know if that's true, but if so, I'd agree with you that would be a foolish standpoint.

Both main party leaders are deeply flawed, be it by doctrine, by associations, by dubious financial practices or by personal character traits.

Policy over personality.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks, that doesn't make good reading, how does this compare to other countries? Sorry to be a numpty but if you ran a High Street business like that you would end up in the gutter.
Which party is best for finance?

apparently the Liberal Democrats, who want to run a fiscal surplus, less debt promised than the others and a tax rise for health spending. so that's good.

they also want to plant twice as many trees than the Conservatives. i dont know what Labour's promise on tree plantation is, they'll probably borrow a forest from somewhere. when the fudge did tree planting quantities become a political contest?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's not my graph.

This is a similar one from the ONS - again showing the deficit increasing, massively, under Labour, continuing as the Tories came into power and then began reducing as austerity took hold.

I don't really have a point to this - I'm certainly not using it as a way to kick Labour (I'm not) nor defend the Tories (I'm certainly not). I do believe that the deficit would have continued to be high post-2010 if Labour had retained power, but that's symptomatic of the country trying to recover from the global financial crisis (note: I'm not saying it was Labour's fault), and not policy.

View attachment 117283

Surely it shows the deficit rocketing as a result of the global financial crisis.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely it shows the deficit rocketing as a result of the global financial crisis.

what is disguised by the financial crisis is how the projections looked from 2008, which were budgeted to increase (albeit less of course). it was targeting 3-3.5% as i recall.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's not my graph.

View attachment 117283

I'm sure the story would have been similar under Labour, almost certainly worse. What I was doing is calling out a graph with no date that is not reflective of the current reality.

The sad reality for the UK is if we hadn't voted leave I think the UK would now be in budget surplus by now and we could be investing in responsible fashion. Instead we have an economy that is now stagnating as the recent years of falling inward investment catch up with us.

With a hard Brexit we will basically be driving along with our hand brake. The only way to keep going is borrow more again and saddle future generations with yet more debt.

Its sad really. the UK toughed it out 2009-16 and there was light at the end of the tunnel but the Tory right f**ked it all up. Brexit will make a fascinating economics case study for years to come

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You believe the Express? If so, it is a shame you won't be able to vote as you will be entombed in 8 feet of snow come election day.

Whilst the Express is an utter abomination, I'm not sure what that has to do with that piece which is simply reporting polls undertaken by others.

You can read the same thing here if it helps: http://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

(Clearly polls come with a whole heap of caveats regardless)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Whilst the Express is an utter abomination, I'm not sure what that has to do with that piece which is simply reporting polls undertaken by others.

You can read the same thing here if it helps: http://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

(Clearly polls come with a whole heap of caveats regardless)
Arguing with a joke? Nice. Won't bother with levity again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here