Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest thing about last night...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i remember going to cardiff in 1995 and having the lid taken off my bottle of coke - ended up spilling it EVERYWHERE

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
if you get over them quickly, then how can you appreciate the VIEW?

personally, i find the tunnel a lot more stressfull - although that may have been due to the classic game of "hold your breath the whole way through" in a car that was devoid of air

Devoid of air is putting a shine on things!!

Im sure the holding your breath through the tunnel caused lack of oxygen to your brain which resulted in you compleatly missing a HUGE black car that you nearly drove into!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Devoid of air is putting a shine on things!!

Im sure the holding your breath through the tunnel caused lack of oxygen to your brain which resulted in you compleatly missing a HUGE black car that you nearly drove into!!

it drove into me - even the investigators who dealt with the diana crash would have been able to find that out!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The world has gone PC mad :nono:

What the hell has that got to do with Political Correctness?!??? Health and Safety, yes, PC no!

I actually thought it was decent of the stewards to actually let us bring drinks in at all, it would have been much easier for them to do what some places do and say not bottles in at all, which I can't believe is anything other than an easy money-making scheme to be honest.

Roots Hall is such a dump though, and the catering facilities are the worst I've ever seen. They hardly had anything, they were staffed by 2 vacant teenagers and one old woman (who had the bright idea of starting to wipe down the surfaces at half time - the busiest period of all!), and the queue was marshalled by an officious stewardess who sounded like a primary school teacher. They have crap music, and crap loos, and it was a crap result. Their cheerleaders are better than Gully's Girls though!

steve-c

stewards kept coming up the aisle to the back near us , have a look around then leave, as if they had tried to get us to sit, the first time they came they got the first half a dozen rows to sit , then the usual stand up if you hate palarse started and they gave up, never really tried after that just showed their faces.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If I may, I'd like to address a couple of points...

None of those things are as funny as Uncle Hiney and Oaf being SCARED on the dartford bridge on the way home.

I wasn't bloody scared, I found it an interesting and enjoyable experience :)

i think the answer is pretty obvious - they are PHILISTINES when it comes to architecture

How very dare you! I'll have you know that I have a great interest in works such as George Gilbert Scott's Victorian gothic masterpiece at St Pancras.

So there :annoyed:

I think you need to know something about Oaf and directions, well it is he is not good at them, so whatever print out he had would have been iffy.

Example, when driving a minibus to a game at Carlisle, we had to pick somebody up in North London, so being about 5am, we decided to go through London. Oaf took on the navigator role and there was one event where he told me I should have gone left as I went speeding past the turn off.

On the same trip on the way home, we were in the Hassocks area dropping somebody off and Oaf tells me he grew up in this area and I should go left down this lane, so left I turn and there is a gate in front of me (closed) which leads to a farmers field.

f*** off!! :bla: :D

It was Sayers Common as it goes, the road layout had changed somewhat in nearly 15 years.

As for London I knew WHERE we had to go, just not how quickly roads creep up on you on an AtoZ :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here