Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest thing about last night...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My mate went to the burger bar where i'd asked him to render me a vegetable pie of some meatless nature. He returned stating they had nothing for vegetarians, but that the befuddled hog behind the counter unkindly put together some plastic cheese in an unbuttered bun. £1. Rubbish, but i ate it nonetheless.
Mmmmmmmm. SCRUMMY.

:D

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The funniest thing about last night was Martot's Glasses gesture at the lino. utterly brilliant

Yeah :lolol:

Although apparently Tommy Fraser spent the whole first half sat near the front of our stand playing with his mobile phone and flicking pieces of paper at the girls sat in front of him. Great professionalism there, Tommy :lolol:

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
And All That Dance Music Before The Game.

Did They Just Back A Load Of Citroen Saxo's Up Behind The Stands And Tell The Essex Boys To Do Their Stuff?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
And All That Dance Music Before The Game.

Did They Just Back A Load Of Citroen Saxo's Up Behind The Stands And Tell The Essex Boys To Do Their Stuff?

Yeah, what was that music?

They had one track playing just before the teams come out, with no lyrics and I don't think it was an ACTUAL song.

It was just like theme music for the ground. Bit shit really :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
None of those things are as funny as Uncle Hiney and Oaf being SCARED on the dartford bridge on the way home.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The funniest thing about last night was Clapham Gulls story about sperm delivery in the chatroom

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had to promise to stay in the middle lane so they couldn't see over the edge. :lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Martot's attack on the lino - awesome.

What a hero :bowdown:

Also, the chorus of "we are going up" from the away end made me laugh...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
None of those things are as funny as Uncle Hiney and Oaf being SCARED on the dartford bridge on the way home.

It was a long way up and you were driving slower than my GRAN would drive. The whole POINT of bridges, especially those that are really HIGH, is to get over them as QUICKLY as possible.

We needed Lewis Hamilton, NOT Driving Miss Daisy

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm with Hiney on this one.

I didn't enjoy going over it myself last night :(

It looks ok in theory, but when you get up there it is completely different!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It was a long way up and you were driving slower than my GRAN would drive. The whole POINT of bridges, especially those that are really HIGH, is to get over them as QUICKLY as possible.

if you get over them quickly, then how can you appreciate the VIEW?

personally, i find the tunnel a lot more stressfull - although that may have been due to the classic game of "hold your breath the whole way through" in a car that was devoid of air

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

:lolol:

I remember driving over a HUGE bridge in France a couple of years back during the Le Harvre pre-season tour. Nearly shat myself.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was with a mate in her car a couple of years back, she drove over a dead dog that was lying in the road...she hadn't noticed it, though it wasn't much smaller than a labrador, nearly fainting when I told her what the bump was...that was far more traumatic than going over a bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here