Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest thing about last night...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No, for me it was in the pub when the "Giant Scarf" put in an appearance and one of the lads taking photos has a poorly framed pic of Simster standing under a banner reading "Sex by the Sea"

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Or that old copper conducting us as we sang the Laurel and Hardy tune at him and his mate...in fact he did the same thing at the cup game when we played there last.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the 'restaurant' as it was signposted from the stand was quality - you even got given a PLATE for a pie. now that is silver service :bowdown:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
My mate went to the burger bar where i'd asked him to render me a vegetable pie of some meatless nature. He returned stating they had nothing for vegetarians, but that the befuddled hog behind the counter unkindly put together some plastic cheese in an unbuttered bun. £1. Rubbish, but i ate it nonetheless.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
BKAM_Sports_Mascot_Southend2.jpg

Your Mascot is a Racist :yahoo:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Also I stood in front of Hiney with his retro insults I haven't heard "Joey" or "Flid" shouted as insults since school.:thumbsup:

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
Did anyone else get stopped by the stewards on the path leading up to the ground and told they could not go in with hot food?

We arrived a few minutes after kick off with a kebab each and were told this - do they make up these 'ground regulations' as they go along?

After some 'debate' I ate all the meat in my kebab (the hot bit) and then asked if I could go in as the kebab only contained pitta and salad - they said "yes"!!!
Completely unbelievable.

What if the meat had touched the pitta and made it hot - this surely would still have contravened the rules...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Did anyone else get stopped by the stewards on the path leading up to the ground and told they could not go in with hot food?

We arrived a few minutes after kick off with a kebab each and were told this - do they make up these 'ground regulations' as they go along?

After some 'debate' I ate all the meat in my kebab (the hot bit) and then asked if I could go in as the kebab only contained pitta and salad - they said "yes"!!!
Completely unbelievable.

What if the meat had touched the pitta and made it hot - this surely would still have contravened the rules...

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here