Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive Falmer Matchday Poll - Part I : TRAVEL

How do you intend travelling to and from Falmer?

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Will there be a bus from rottingdean going through woodingdean and along falmer road to
the stadium? It would save me an AGE if there is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Will there be a bus from rottingdean going through woodingdean and along falmer road to
the stadium? It would save me an AGE if there is.

I've got 13-year old nephew, and just before Christmas, we went up to look at the Falmer site. All things considered, he seemed fairly non-plussed by the building site and all the work going on.

However, he did seem VERY keen to work out his route to the ground in a way that his Mum would let him go on his own or with his mates. So that's what we did. He lives in Telscombe, and we reckoned that that area (Rottingdean, Saltdean, Telscombe, Peacehaven) was pretty poorly served if you only wanted to use public transport to get to Falmer.

Point is, we worked out two main routes. A bus into Old Steine along the Coast Road and then the 25 from the Old Steine to Falmer. OR a bus along to Newhaven, then the train from Newhaven to Falmer. The latter route - at just over 50 minutes - worked out quicker.

I'm saying this because basically, unless something better is introduced, your best bet is to either take the bus to Woodingdean and walk to Falmer. OR the Coast Road bus into the Old Steine and the 25 to Falmer.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Train to Lewes, plenty of fine Harveys in Lewes and then onto Falmer by train. Repeat on the way back - simples! I cant wait!

I spoke to my friend who works on the railway and he says trains can run with 8 coaches along the Falmer route and more than likely will on matchdays!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here