Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive Falmer Matchday Poll - Part I : TRAVEL

How do you intend travelling to and from Falmer?

• Total voters

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure there may be some chaos for the 1st few games and remember that a lot of people will be coming who may not even have been to a match before.

things will settle and people will settle into the mode of transport that suits them best. the thing is, for most of us there are a number of options. I may well hang on after a game to have a pint and watch the scores come in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
as now...car to falmer...get dropped off by the mrs and get picked up...probably by the hikers

Public transport is a pain

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Weekend games will be on the train ( if congested afterwards i will stay in the bar).
Midweek will be P & R.

That sounds about what i will do.:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez it isn't even built and already you lot are moaning 'ooh how will I get home''

For gawd sake if you are lucky enough to be going to watch the Albion at Falmer does it matter what time you get home? You can always record X Factor

I'm surprised you're not going by hot air balloon :lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The mighty Falmer station... oh dear :facepalm:
With the numbers planning to travel by train it looks very Trumpton.

(Picture (c) Jack Straw)

It looks very underwhelming at present.

However, an eight metre wide bridge is going to be built over the railway, and the mini-eartworks on the right will be for the wider concourse for waiting passengers on their way home.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I live 500 yards from London Road Station.

Having said that, looking at the intentions of many people, if Falmer were open NOW, I would probably take the bus (though I didn't click that option), seeing as I am usually in town before the game. If I was going from home - it would be the train.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If The Racecourse is used a P&R site then it will probably be that. By the way, do you actually have to park a car to use P&R as the Racecourse is walkable for me.
???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Either train or a lift in my brothers car if he's on duty with St. John as he will be able to park at the ground.

There will be no parking for any matchday staff at Falmer. We have already been made aware of this, we will have to park in the university like everyone else.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Have used Mithras House from the start - get back to the car park by 5:20 and no problem at the Mill Road roundabout as the hordes coming north up the London Road have to give way to traffic from the right. Remains to be seen how easy it will be to exit Falmer with 3 or 4 times the crowd.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have used Mithras House from the start - get back to the car park by 5:20 and no problem at the Mill Road roundabout as the hordes coming north up the London Road have to give way to traffic from the right. Remains to be seen how easy it will be to exit Falmer with 3 or 4 times the crowd.

I wouldn't mind betting the bus would be fairly easy.

No other (or at least VERY little) matchday traffic will be using the Village Way exit at that time.

Buses using Mill Road will be using the bypass unhindered. The Racecourse buses will turn right away from the stadium. Mithras House buses may run into traffic coming out of Falmer School, but it will be traffic-light controlled, so ought to be OK.

I would have thought. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here