Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The definitive Falmer Matchday Poll - Part I : TRAVEL

How do you intend travelling to and from Falmer?

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How do you intend on getting to and from Falmer stadium on matchdays / evenings?
Park and Ride? Train? Private car? Taxi? Cycle? Walk? Bus?

If you intend on, say, getting the bus there and the train home, I think the poll allows multiple answers. I think.

Poll to follow...

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Will drive except fo the odd big game when I might get train. Falmer with the unis and southern water will have 4K plus parking spaces. With a crowd of say 12K and an average of 2 in a car ten that is 2/3rd that can park there. Which leaves a third on public transport, which is about right. They need to build a car park tho to take the pressure off. Maybe someone who owns some land that way will open a car park for match day parking to make a few quid as well

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Train hopefully. The parking charges will be very high.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If I am living at the same place/in the same area will get a regular #25 bus in/ or walk to the park and ride bus from Mithras

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Train for me

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll mix it up a tad, I'll get a bus, a train and walk sometimes aswell. Very much like at Withdean currently.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Will drive except fo the odd big game when I might get train. Falmer with the unis and southern water will have 4K plus parking spaces. With a crowd of say 12K and an average of 2 in a car ten that is 2/3rd that can park there. Which leaves a third on public transport, which is about right. They need to build a car park tho to take the pressure off. Maybe someone who owns some land that way will open a car park for match day parking to make a few quid as well

It is the big games that train travel will be impossible for. The results so far only go to show how f***ed-off a great number of people are going to be.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Have ticked both P & R and train. Depends which is the quickest. Think Race Course or Mithras House P & R could be a potential winners as they could avoid the worst of the queues.Would think getting out of the uni parking sites could be lengthy. As for trains need convincing that Southern will get their act together but would prefer trains if they did.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have ticked both P & R and train. Depends which is the quickest. Think Race Course or Mithras House P & R could be a potential winners as they could avoid the worst of the queues.Would think getting out of the uni parking sites could be lengthy. As for trains need convincing that Southern will get their act together but would prefer trains if they did.

What do you mean by "get their act together", they won't be able to put on extra trains.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What do you mean by "get their act together", they won't be able to put on extra trains.

There has been some talk of putting on extra carriages with passengers passing down the train. If they do this then crowds can get away reasonably quickly. If all they do is run the present 3 or 4 car trains it will be a long wait.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Mill road stays as the park and ride then will use that far easier than train

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All things being equal , on the bus.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Train, it will be by far the quickest and most convenient option for me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well not having explored options yet and can only do so when up and running but gut feeling is train there and bus back.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Cycle in the spring / early autumn and get the train in the winter or if the weather's crap. Are there going to be travel vouchers with the tickets?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On the way there: train
On the way back: whatever means has the shortest queue (suspect I'll end up walking more often than not)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here