Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Definitive being a Albion Supporter thread........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

....In my view you are an Albion supporter if you fork out for a season ticket and or go to a large majority of away games and basically put yourself out financially for club and disrupt your social life for The Albion , for many their social life is The Albion.

But what still gets me is those on here an other forums and media venues who don't conform to either of those disciplines and just criticise or insist that£25 even every now and then is too much to watch the team they spend half their lives on here either applauding or slagging off.

I just don't see how you can live in Sussex, declare an interest in The Albion, but don't go to the games, it is like the 'I'm a Man U fan but I live in Maidstone' situation, all these twats who live around here who wear Man U and Chelsea shirts wouldn't have a clue how to get to Old Trafford from Piccadilly station or from Kensington Olympia to the Bridge.

So come on if you think you're an Albion fan then make some sacrifice to go and watch the team, after all Dick Knight and his fellow Directors have made sacrifices
for you.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you are describing a fanatic. An Albion fan is someone who supports the team,but it doesn't mean he/she has to have a season ticket and doesn't have to go to every home and away game regardless. To some, nay most, there are plenty of reasons they can't go to every game. Cost, family and work commitments being the reasons for not going to every game that spring to mind.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think you are describing a fanatic. An Albion fan is someone who supports the team,but it doesn't mean he/she has to have a season ticket and doesn't have to go to every home and away game regardless. To some, nay most, there are plenty of reasons they can't go to every game. Cost, family and work commitments being the reasons for not going to every game that spring to mind.

Ok one word SACREFICE I make sacrifices to go to The Albion they are my team if you support the team surely that is different from just being a fan not a fan-atic

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok one word SACREFICE I make sacrifices to go to The Albion they are my team if you support the team surely that is different from just being a fan not a fan-atic

What about those that live abroad??

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
What about those that live abroad??

A very good point, Icy Gull.

I subscribe to Seagulls World, spend at least 150 quid or so in the club shop every season and try and get back to England at least once a year to watch games (direct flights from Tokyo are never less than 500 spondulies a pop and forking out results in my wife generally ignoring me for weeks at a time after I come back).

Would I be considered a fan by the majority of the Albion faithful? I'd like to think so, although am aware that some (including 'er indoors) think I am just plain stupid for travelling halfway round the world for 90 minutes of third-rate football and I should bloody well grow up.

D

Deleted User X18H

A very good point, Icy Gull.

I subscribe to Seagulls World, spend at least 150 quid or so in the club shop every season and try and get back to England at least once a year to watch games (direct flights from Tokyo are never less than 500 spondulies a pop and forking out results in my wife generally ignoring me for weeks at a time after I come back).

Would I be considered a fan by the majority of the Albion faithful? I'd like to think so, although am aware that some (including 'er indoors) think I am just plain stupid for travelling halfway round the world for 90 minutes of third-rate football and I should bloody well grow up.
Sacrifice made ..............well done

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He said supporter not fan. there is a big difference. Someone who has helped get Falmer and helped the club financially can indeed call themselves a supporter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
....In my view you are an Albion supporter if you fork out for a season ticket and or go to a large majority of away games and basically put yourself out financially for club and disrupt your social life for The Albion , for many their social life is The Albion.

But what still gets me is those on here an other forums and media venues who don't conform to either of those disciplines and just criticise or insist that£25 even every now and then is too much to watch the team they spend half their lives on here either applauding or slagging off.

I just don't see how you can live in Sussex, declare an interest in The Albion, but don't go to the games, it is like the 'I'm a Man U fan but I live in Maidstone' situation, all these twats who live around here who wear Man U and Chelsea shirts wouldn't have a clue how to get to Old Trafford from Piccadilly station or from Kensington Olympia to the Bridge.

So come on if you think you're an Albion fan then make some sacrifice to go and watch the team, after all Dick Knight and his fellow Directors have made sacrifices
for you.

Another message from downtown Knobsville. :tosser:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
He said supporter not fan. there is a big difference. Someone who has helped get Falmer and helped the club financially can indeed call themselves a supporter.

Who exactly is Spicy, dougdeep. Been playing on my mind the last few days!

D

Deleted User X18H

as I am cooking breakfast for visting family Doug can I just say EGG - XACTLY
right on the money Mr D

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hair splitting, a fan and a supporter are the same thing in my book.

I'm a Brighton fan or I'm a Brighton supporter - same difference n'est pas??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fan is short for fanatic. Support means to help or encourage.

D

Deleted User X18H

Hair splitting, a fan and a supporter are the same thing in my book.

I'm a Brighton fan or I'm a Brighton supporter - same difference n'est pas??

You posting on here between 3-5 yestrday afternoon unless you live 500 miles away perhaps you are neither.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Thats just f***ing SAD. If thats what is required to be a fan then you can keep it. And who died and put you in charge anyway?

To be perfectly honest I couldn't give a toss whether you think I or anyone else is a good fan or not. I'll go to games when I want, spend money in the shop when I want and listen to matches on Seagulls World when I want and I couldn't give a care less what you think of that.

I don't know what you expect to achieve with crap like this. Perhaps you are just looking for a wind up and a bit of a reaction but if you seriously think you are going to "rally the troops" into attending then you couldn't be more wrong. If anything you are only serving to alienate groups of people and make it less likely that they'll go in case they have to sit next to an idiot like you.

D

Deleted User X18H

Thats just f***ing SAD. If thats what is required to be a fan then you can keep it. And who died and put you in charge anyway?

To be perfectly honest I couldn't give a toss whether you think I or anyone else is a good fan or not. I'll go to games when I want, spend money in the shop when I want and listen to matches on Seagulls World when I want and I couldn't give a care less what you think of that.

I don't know what you expect to achieve with crap like this. Perhaps you are just looking for a wind up and a bit of a reaction but if you seriously think you are going to "rally the troops" into attending then you couldn't be more wrong. If anything you are only serving to alienate groups of people and make it less likely that they'll go in case they have to sit next to an idiot like you.
Has small nerve been hit................... or macheted

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Has small nerve been hit................... or macheted

Wow. What a well thought through and reasoned response demonstrating the true level of your intellect. You really are the guiding star that all Albion fans should follow. If you were someone I knew then you might possibly be able to come to that conclusion.

Since you are the type of person who thinks a fan is someone who posts on here at 7am on a Sunday morning when they have "guests" (or is it prisoners?) to entertain then no, I don't think so :lolol:. You poor deluded muppet :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You posting on here between 3-5 yestrday afternoon unless you live 500 miles away perhaps you are neither.

Yeah right, wanna pay for my tickets back from SW France then? What with you being such a great fan I expect you'll want to do that for me? It's actually about 499 miles from door to door, so obviously I must make more effort

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here