Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Definitive being a Albion Supporter thread........

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
....In my view you are an Albion supporter if you fork out for a season ticket and or go to a large majority of away games and basically put yourself out financially for club and disrupt your social life for The Albion , for many their social life is The Albion.

But what still gets me is those on here an other forums and media venues who don't conform to either of those disciplines and just criticise or insist that£25 even every now and then is too much to watch the team they spend half their lives on here either applauding or slagging off.

I just don't see how you can live in Sussex, declare an interest in The Albion, but don't go to the games, it is like the 'I'm a Man U fan but I live in Maidstone' situation, all these twats who live around here who wear Man U and Chelsea shirts wouldn't have a clue how to get to Old Trafford from Piccadilly station or from Kensington Olympia to the Bridge.

So come on if you think you're an Albion fan then make some sacrifice to go and watch the team, after all Dick Knight and his fellow Directors have made sacrifices
for you.

I don't think a team in our position is gonna have any glory hunting fans somehow, not yet anyway. If anyone declares an interest in the Albion they have my respect. I wasn't there yesterday, although I would love to have been, as I would love to go this friday, but even though I don't live more than the approved 500 miles away, it does cost me around £40-50 before I've even got a ground. If I want to keep a roof over my head, which is not a sacrifice I am willing to make, I can't go. And I am hard pressed to find anyone to go with me too and making that journey to sit in abject discomfort on my own in Withdean is not very appealing at the moment.

And anyway, I get shed loads fo stick for being a brighton fan too. Shit team, tin pot stadium, gay, to name but a few reasons, but I will stand my ground with anyone to defend the lads, but I have earned the right to crticise them myself having been to Rochdale on a Tuesday night in the past etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think it is that simple HBB, but rather each person has their own definition of 'sacrifices', be it financial, time or otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, you have my complete admiration that you make such financial sacrifices that you are prepared to live in a really dodgy area to ensure you get your season ticket and seagulls shop goods. ;)

It's ENTERTAINMENT.

Although I applaud the people who are 'die-hard fans', 'STH through thick and thin' etc - I don't see a need for one-upmanship, or the whole concept of "making sacrifice". You go if you want to, you paint your house blue and white....if you want to, you name your kids Dean, Bas, or Michel....if... etc . The club and team have to make you interested, make you enthralled, make you addicted, make you come back and buy a ticket for another match.

If yesterday's game wasn't worth £25 of anybody's money, then I can only say they weren't cut out to be a football spectator.

Last edited:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I only go to half a dozen or so games a season partly because of the cost and partly because of work commitments. Would you rather people like me didn't bother ever turning up just because we can't afford to be superfans? Twat.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
....In my view you are an Albion supporter if you fork out for a season ticket and or go to a large majority of away games and basically put yourself out financially for club and disrupt your social life for The Albion , for many their social life is The Albion.

But what still gets me is those on here an other forums and media venues who don't conform to either of those disciplines and just criticise or insist that£25 even every now and then is too much to watch the team they spend half their lives on here either applauding or slagging off.

I just don't see how you can live in Sussex, declare an interest in The Albion, but don't go to the games, it is like the 'I'm a Man U fan but I live in Maidstone' situation, all these twats who live around here who wear Man U and Chelsea shirts wouldn't have a clue how to get to Old Trafford from Piccadilly station or from Kensington Olympia to the Bridge.

So come on if you think you're an Albion fan then make some sacrifice to go and watch the team, after all Dick Knight and his fellow Directors have made sacrifices
for you.

I'm in a dliema here. That post is such a crock of old shit that I don't want to dignify it with a reply. However, if I do that, my opinion wouldn't register.

Therefore, please ignore this reply as it is simply a reply saying I'm not going to dignify you with a reply.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
QUOTE]

I don't think any real fan will give a fly f*** what you think, you sanctimonious, self righteous, self opinionated prat. :tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I'm in a dliema here. That post is such a crock of old shit that I don't want to dignify it with a reply. However, if I do that, my opinion wouldn't register.

Therefore, please ignore this reply as it is simply a reply saying I'm not going to dignify you with a reply.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
....In my view you are an Albion supporter if you fork out for a season ticket and or go to a large majority of away games and basically put yourself out financially for club QUOTE]

Say's the richist Albion supporter on NSC, who cant be bothered to pay up for his player sponsorship pledge.

Out of interest, what % of your gross household income do you spend on the Albion ???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
True Brightonians Live & WORK in Brighton & Hove Tim!!!

to quote someone else on this thread "what a load of bollocks" I still consider myself (probably even more so) a Brightonian even if I do live in a foriegn country (WALES).
I lived in Brighton for 55 years of my life and moved away several times to work and always considered myself a Brightonian.
A Brightonian is someone who was born in Brighton and does not have to live there and a true Brightonian supports the city,and its football team:albion2: unlike those in Brighton who might have been born there but still insist on supporting teams like MU,spurs,arse...nal, and all the other teams that have so many glory hunters as supporters,I have supported the Albion when they were at rock bottom and while they were in the First division and it seems they have been in the lower leagues for longer than in any top flight............but that matters not a jot because they are who they are:albion2:???

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
to quote someone else on this thread "what a load of bollocks" I still consider myself (probably even more so) a Brightonian even if I do live in a foriegn country (WALES).
I lived in Brighton for 55 years of my life and moved away several times to work and always considered myself a Brightonian.
A Brightonian is someone who was born in Brighton and does not have to live there and a true Brightonian supports the city,and its football team:albion2: unlike those in Brighton who might have been born there but still insist on supporting teams like MU,spurs,arse...nal, and all the other teams that have so many glory hunters as supporters,I have supported the Albion when they were at rock bottom and while they were in the First division and it seems they have been in the lower leagues for longer than in any top flight............but that matters not a jot because they are who they are:albion2:???

Well said that man :clap::clap:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ok one word SACREFICE I make sacrifices to go to The Albion they are my team if you support the team surely that is different from just being a fan not a fan-atic

Oh do shut up. Lots of people can't afford to go. It's knobs like you that stop the occasional fan going with your attitude.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't think a team in our position is gonna have any glory hunting fans somehow, not yet anyway. If anyone declares an interest in the Albion they have my respect. I wasn't there yesterday, although I would love to have been, as I would love to go this friday, but even though I don't live more than the approved 500 miles away, it does cost me around £40-50 before I've even got a ground. If I want to keep a roof over my head, which is not a sacrifice I am willing to make, I can't go. And I am hard pressed to find anyone to go with me too and making that journey to sit in abject discomfort on my own in Withdean is not very appealing at the moment.

And anyway, I get shed loads fo stick for being a brighton fan too. Shit team, tin pot stadium, gay, to name but a few reasons, but I will stand my ground with anyone to defend the lads, but I have earned the right to crticise them myself having been to Rochdale on a Tuesday night in the past etc.

I can pick you up in Essex if you want to go??

I don't ever think of myself as a "good" fan, I live in Essex, I drive down to Brighton for a fair few home games, and I get away for a fair few too, I am not a ST holder and therefore pay full whack..as well as travel,and you know what? I f***ing love it! shit burgers, pouring rain, on my own...what does that make me
then?

do not answer that question.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Why must we be RANKED?

Brighton and Hove Albion FC is hardly Chelsea or Manchester United is it? Those who are proud enough to openly admit to loving their club is a true supporter. For whatever reason they do/don't go to games is entirely up to them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Purely out of interest TB, why Brighton?

That question is almost fixtures :lolol:

Basically i live in a seaside town in the south of Australia.

We too have Seagulls at our seaside town.

And one of the first games ever of "soccer" i was allowed t stay up and watch was us losing the F.A Cup replay.

So to a wee nipper as i was back then it all seemed to fit into place nicely that i should follow a team from a town that seemed alot like the one i lived in.

And the rest they say is history.

All through my teens and into older age i was constantly comming home from parties early while everyone else was partying on just so that i could listen into the BBC World Service( before the internet was big) just so i could listen in for score updates through the games.

Fingers crossed the first Albion game i ever get to see will be the first game in the new stadium. :clap2:

Which i guess will cost me about 3500 pounds by the time i get there :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here