Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily Telegraph says

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
He will keep chucking shit without backing it up because he believes there are better people out there to run the club.

BG and his consortium had the chance to put up or shut up, when we were up shit creek without a paddle - they did neither. (And nor did any of these other 'investors' that we hear so much about

Dick put up - and even if, as BG would have us believe, he is an ego driven incompetant when it comes to business, the fact remains that he put up when no-one else would.

You had your chance BG - you blew it, so stop your incessant whining. :rolleyes:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Having read The Argus and the interview with DK I have no problem with the payments that he has made as regards Currie, Nicholas and Knight but would add that in the case of Darren Currie he was rather fortuitous as nobody could have expected, knowing his previous history and record that he would be bought by another Championship side thus repaying us all of our money.

However, my beef is why can the directors of the club knowing who is available, this information is available to anybody, not negotiate a deal themselves thus relieving the club of making payments to agents. The agents are acting on behalf of the players so let those the benefit i.e the player pay their commission or expenses.

This may be the way of the football world and is made plain in Tom Bowers book Broken Dreams about the money Dennis Roach aqquired but it doesnt make it right that a club with so little money as ours that they have to keep asking for donations should have to pay it.

Players have contracts with agents, these contracts mean that everytime a players negotiates with a club it should be handled by the agent. he gets a fee for this, if the players does all the work the agent still gets a fee, it's legally binding. Do you thi nk clubs want to deal with agents !!!!

Still haven't justified your comments wrt the incompetance of the board ...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no complaints against a player using an agent that is their perogative and if I was a player and an agent could get me £5k per week when the club offered £3k I would use him. But I would have to pay him for his services.

What is the agent doing for us to warrant the fee that we pay him that the club couldnt do for themselves for nothing?

The supply of players now is far greater than the demand so it is a buyers market at our level, perhaps not so at Man U and Arsenals level, but certainly at ours

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I have no complaints against a player using an agent that is their perogative and if I was a player and an agent could get me £5k per week when the club offered £3k I would use him. But I would have to pay him for his services.

What is the agent doing for us to warrant the fee that we pay him that the club couldnt do for themselves for nothing?

The supply of players now is far greater than the demand so it is a buyers market at our level, perhaps not so at Man U and Arsenals level, but certainly at ours

Your missing the point, in the case of Nicolas we had to approach his agent to get him, this costs !!!! Whether this fee is paid as part of the overall fee or seperately, in the end we pay.
Your lack of understanding concerning the transfer dealingsand you inability to grasp the simple realities of transfer dealings and the role of agents is concerning. Spouting off about the wrongs of the scheme and blaimng that on our board is quite frankly unacceptable. The thought of you having anything to do with the running of the Albion scares the hell out of me.

Anyway answer the question .. where is the incompetance that you allude too?

Either answer the charge or apologise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I appears that every player has an agent

An agent takes a fee from the player and also a fee when negotiating a transfer. In most circumstances, the clubs have no choice in this, be it Chelsea or Yeoville. its a fact of modern football.

Yet again, though, BG you use it as something to beat DK over the head with and in so doing show your blatent stupidity again and again.

I think i will start naming you "the Treacherous One, Mark 2" as i believe you are deliberately looking for any way you can to undermine the club and its directors.

A*** H***** - the Treacherous One Mark 1
B**** L***** - the treacherous One , mark 2

has a very good ring to it I think :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:

This may be the way of the football world and is made plain in Tom Bowers book Broken Dreams about the money Dennis Roach aqquired but it doesnt make it right that a club with so little money as ours that they have to keep asking for donations should have to pay it.

Let's leave it there then shall we. You're boring.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Let's leave it there then shall we. You're boring.

No let him keep digging a hole, must be nearly a trench by now :lolol:

BensGrandad said:

:lolol:

God you've said some idiotic things, but this must cap it all.

You are saying that out of principle, we must avoid signing players who want to conduct their transfers by being represented by agents - ie. turn down guys like Nicolas, Currie etc - and search for only those players who are unrepresented by agents? That would mean an Albion team made up of only the dross of the lower level of non-league football :lolol:

You say the profit we made on Currie was "fortuitous" :lolol: Sticks in your throat to say it was good investment by Dick Knight, doesn't it?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/the_argus/sport/SPORT2.html

The Argus shows that Dick Knight spent the six least on agents compared with all the other clubs in the Championship. Anyone normal would be congratulating him for that achievement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
LI

I didnt think it would be long before you twisted my post as you usually do.

I have stated that I have no objections to players using agents and if I was in their position would do the same but it is to their own ends so I believe that THEY should pay the agents.

The lists of players available on free transfers are open for anybody to see and check so why do the club need to use an agent to approach either the player in question or his agent. Why can a director or MM not pick up a phone and say to Mr AGENT I or BHA are interested in your client Tommy Titsup lets talk. That wouldn't cost us money.

Finally even you with your DK for Pope eyes could not have seen that Darren Currie was suddenly going to have become wanted by another Championship side team that was prepared to pay £250k for him. Was this not lucky.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We all know Currie was a lucky transfer.

We also all know you are exceptionally boring to say the least with a one dimension anti Knight slant on everything to do with BHAFC.

BensGrandad said:
I have stated that I have no objections to players using agents and if I was in their position would do the same but it is to their own ends so I believe that THEY should pay the agents.

Marvellous. SO WHAT HAPPENS when we tell the likes of Currie and Nicolas to pay their own agents and they tell us to feck off? Yep, we're back to looking in the Conference South for Albion players. But hey, at least we're living up to your principles!

BensGrandad said:
The lists of players available on free transfers are open for anybody to see and check so why do the club need to use an agent to approach either the player in question or his agent

Sorry, where is the evidence we are spending money on agents talking to other agents? Please show me.

Ok, let's file the Currie transfer under "luck" then, the same place where you put the two championships, the play-off win, Zamora, the end of Gillingham exile, etc.

Lush

Mods' Pet
WATF0RD ZERO said:
He will keep chucking shit without backing it up because he believes there are better people out there to run the club.

BG and his consortium had the chance to put up or shut up, when we were up shit creek without a paddle - they did neither. (And nor did any of these other 'investors' that we hear so much about

Dick put up - and even if, as BG would have us believe, he is an ego driven incompetant when it comes to business, the fact remains that he put up when no-one else would.

You had your chance BG - you blew it, so stop your incessant whining. :rolleyes:

Yes - or to summarise -

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lush said:
Yes - or to summarise -

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT?

Are you talking about when we went down through the leagues to Div 4 in the 60s or when we went to Hereford to get a draw to stay in the league the answer is the same supporting BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB. Not the chairman that happened to be in power at the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:

Sorry, where is the evidence we are spending money on agents talking to other agents? Please show me.

Why else would we employ an agent?

Is it too difficult for this to happen:

MM TO Alexis Nicholas. I am manager of BHA would you be interested in joining us.

AN: It all depends on what is on offer you must speak to my agent who is Mr Jerome Anderson ( example of a a well known agent).

MM to JA: We are interested in signing one of your clients AN can we meet to discuss a possible move for him to join us.

JA to MM: Ok let's meet at Joe Cafe at 10.00am tomorrow for breakfast.

Negotiations take part with MM or DK both knowing what we can afford and offer. After agreement player signs. or doesnt depending on the terms.

Where is the need for us to pay an agent.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Nice little fairytale. Fits in with most of your other opinions of the running of the club.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
zzzzzzzzz Quick vote:
BG to run the Albion when he knows the square root of nothing?
Or....
DK to continue the marvellous job he's done for years!

I'll get things started. "Dick Knight IN, Dick Head out"! as we used to sing

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As DK stated out on the official site, all agents fees come out of the playing budget. As this is the same for most clubs (and bear in mind we have a low average payout to agents) it is sort of budgeted for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here