Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Daily Telegraph says

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The agents should be advising their clients to sign for us because it is in their own best interests.

We should be selling the club to the agents and persuading them of this fact not paying them money to say so.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
The agents should be advising their clients to sign for us because it is in their own best interests.

We should be selling the club to the agents and persuading them of this fact not paying them money to say so.

See your stiil making a fool fo yourself ... I thought you might have realised it by now ... very sad.

Anyway lets try and make it simple for you ...

Players have agents ..... players have contracts with agents, which legally requires them to use the agents in negotiations with a club when discussing moves or contracts. The agent receives a fee whether he negotiates or the player does. If we approach a players agent and we use his services, he receives a fee. It's not the best solution and I personally think it sucks, however this how business is done. End of story. The players who do not have agents are crap... we wouldn't be interested. If you want good players, you deal with the agents. Understand

NOW ... have you apologise for your comments accussing the board of being incompetant ... NO thought not. Suggest you get your arse in gear !!!

I noticed that you have had the audacity to accuse insider of picking and choosing questions to answer, and ignoring your question on Shipperly (amongst others). Yet you are quite happy to do this yourself.

This mailing list is a virtual community which to some degree will follow a real world community .... its seems that you have taken the role of village idiot , congratulations... FG must be seething ....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris Iwelumo and Paul Reid did not employ agents and the PFA act as agents for many players.

Nothing that has been said on here detracts from my view that we should not NEED an agent to find players for us and therefore not PAY an agent for the service that he is providing FOR HIS CLIENT.

If this was the case we wouldnt be £33.095 worse off.

I have not said that the board are incompetant on this issue but simply asked is there nobody at the club that can carry out these discussions thus saving us the money that we have paid the agents.

Ver simple if we employ them we pay them, if the player employs them he pays them and as I see it we do not need to employ them.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
Chris Iwelumo and Paul Reid did not employ agents and the PFA act as agents for many players.

Nothing that has been said on here detracts from my view that we should not NEED an agent to find players for us and therefore not PAY an agent for the service that he is providing FOR HIS CLIENT.

If this was the case we wouldnt be £33.095 worse off.

I have not said that the board are incompetant on this issue but simply asked is there nobody at the club that can carry out these discussions thus saving us the money that we have paid the agents.

Ver simple if we employ them we pay them, if the player employs them he pays them and as I see it we do not need to employ them.

We don't (as far as I understand) employ anyone to find us players apart from the scouting and coaching staff.

Once they locate them, they have to locate with their nominated representative, be it an agent or the PFA.

Also, bear in mind the PFA probably expect a donation for their involvment in any deal.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dear oh dear. Whatever you think of BG's point, hell truly hath no fury greater than a DK supporter fearing the great man has been sleighted in some indescribably minor way.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Tooting Gull said:
Dear oh dear. Whatever you think of BG's point, hell truly hath no fury greater than a DK supporter fearing the great man has been sleighted in some indescribably minor way.

My point is that paying agents has become a necessary evil in the game. If we refused to talk to agents we wouldn't have many players.

Does anyone disagree with this ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must finally admit that we are not going to get anywhere near an amicable agreement over this.

I am entrenched in my idea that I cannot see a justifiable reason why we should pay an agent but there you go.

To make everybody happy I am not accusing DK or the board of incompetance just making the observation that I thought at least one of the directors or management was competant enough to negotiate with agents as and when required.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
BensGrandad said:
I must finally admit that we are not going to get anywhere near an amicable agreement over this.

I am entrenched in my idea that I cannot see a justifiable reason why we should pay an agent but there you go.

To make everybody happy I am not accusing DK or the board of incompetance just making the observation that I thought at least one of the directors or management was competant enough to negotiate with agents as and when required.

Aren't you really saying that no club should pay an agent, not just us ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
e77 said:
Aren't you really saying that no club should pay an agent, not just us ?

At our level yes. Supply is greater than demand

At the level of Man U Arsenal etc they are chasing the pick of the world and if you read the book Broken Dreams by Tom Bowers which exposes the back hander managers , Harry Rednapp, Terry Venables, Brian Clough, Don Revie George Graham etc and the agents behind these payments and the amounts of money involved you would be astounded.

There ios even a passage or two about MM and his fall out with Alex Fergurson over Darrens ability and his other sons involvement as an agent.

I must point out there is nothing in it to smear MM reputation.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
e77 said:
My point is that paying agents has become a necessary evil in the game. If we refused to talk to agents we wouldn't have many players.

Does anyone disagree with this ?

That comment wasn't aimed at you, but the thread as a whole having read the whole thing before posting. I know - it'll never catch on.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:

You really are an idiot, you say that they not incompetant but in the next breath say thay are! The club deals with agents and they pay the fees, that is how it works. They HAVE to deal with agents, that is how the sysyem works for Man Ure down to Cambridge United. They negotiate but if you are the buyer then you are automatically at a disadvantage.

No one likes agents, they are blood suckers however they are now a necessary part of the system. The board has negotiated, I don't believe they are incompetant when dealing with agents.

You on the other hand are another matter entirely :nono:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tooting Gull said:

I suspect that DK couldn't really give a toss what BG says. Trouble is people start to believe bolloxs like this and before you know it, it's some major disaster. Maybe I'm old fashion but you can't call someone incompetant without a shread of evidence, it's cheap.

If he had said the DK had screwed up on the Hinsh and wood as managers then .... well it's the truth .. he f**ked up. No argument from me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Speaking generally, it does differ from the entertainment industry where the artist pays a cut to the agent but it is not dissimilar to industry where you may pay a recruiting agency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here