Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cheers to Wizz and Melo for their massive contribution to this thread
Yep, cheers indeed. Sometimes this thread along with a few positive people on Twitter, was all that kept me going. I am grateful for everyone on this thread who posted positive and encouraging news or thoughts in what turned out to be the hardest year most of us have ever experienced.

saulth

May 28, 2020
Yep, cheers indeed. Sometimes this thread along with a few positive people on Twitter, was all that kept me going. I am grateful for everyone on this thread who posted positive and encouraging news or thoughts in what turned out to be the hardest year most of us have ever experienced.

Truly a lifeline indeed.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Welcome to the year we beat this virus. :thumbsup:

Indeed, this almost definitive knowledge is hugely comforting.

Back in March of last year (good riddance to you), I think I like many others was a bit naive in thinking that the lockdown was going to be a few weeks, maybe a few months. The idea that we’d be celebrating Christmas and the New Year as we’ve had to seemed inconceivable. With hindsight, you can see how flawed that logic was, but there was definitely an element of “No, no, this is my life and bad things like this don’t happen to me. Wars and plagues are for the people of the past and future, not the present”.

That’s the attitude you get for 35 years of relative peace and tranquility - I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

But ultimately, we’ve knuckled down and adapted. We’ve shown how strong the human spirit can be. We’ve done 9 months of this now, and we are almost certainly on the final stretch with clear daylight at the end of the tunnel. 2021 WILL be a better year, a much better year, of that I am certain.

Stay safe, and Happy New Year all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Back in March of last year (good riddance to you), I think I like many others was a bit naive in thinking that the lockdown was going to be a few weeks, maybe a few months. The idea that we’d be celebrating Christmas and the New Year as we’ve had to seemed inconceivable. With hindsight, you can see how flawed that logic was, but there was definitely an element of “No, no, this is my life and bad things like this don’t happen to me. Wars and plagues are for the people of the past and future, not the present”.

I would say my journey has been very similar, in terms of initial views on the situation. In a way I think it made those early months easier, even if it was false hope.

If I’d known/really accepted then that it would take over a year, I think I would’ve struggled much more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Guardian article confirms UK hospitals are now receiving Oxford/AZ vaccines ready for Monday.

From the article, [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION] ...

One of the first hospitals to take delivery of a batch on Saturday morning was the Princess Royal hospital in Haywards Heath, part of Brighton and Sussex University hospitals NHS trust.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My missus texted me earlier - shes working 8-5 and says they will have vaccinated over 500 people at the RSCH today alone.

FP, that is brilliant news. When your MIssus gets home shortly, would you please thank her and tell her from me, and I suspect from a few others who may wish to join in, that she is a bloody diamond and a hero, and please also feed her up so she’s ready to go again tomorrow. Thank you, that’s all. Wedgee.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
FP, that is brilliant news. When your MIssus gets home shortly, would you please thank her and tell her from me, and I suspect from a few others who may wish to join in, that she is a bloody diamond and a hero, and please also feed her up so she’s ready to go again tomorrow. Thank you, that’s all. Wedgee.[/QUOTE [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION] please add my thanks to your wife. Hero.

To anyone else, mass vaccination sites such as sports centres etc will be asking for volunteers to help manage parking, sign posting etc. Not glamorous, but extremely important and everyone a hero.

Keep lookout in local paper, websites. Facebook etc.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
FP, that is brilliant news. When your MIssus gets home shortly, would you please thank her and tell her from me, and I suspect from a few others who may wish to join in, that she is a bloody diamond and a hero, and please also feed her up so she’s ready to go again tomorrow. Thank you, that’s all. Wedgee.[/QUOTE [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION] please add my thanks to your wife. Hero.

To anyone else, mass vaccination sites such as sports centres etc will be asking for volunteers to help manage parking, sign posting etc. Not glamorous, but extremely important and everyone a hero.

Local heath authorities are also looking for admin workers, data inputters, telephone callers etc etc, Eastbourne DGH was advertising on social media end of last week.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

I signed up to volunteer as a vaccination steward and transport volunteer yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here