Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
UK vaccinations - 934,466 as of 29/12 - not including Wales' numbers, so could be closer to 950k or so.

1 in every 70 have now had the vaccine in UK.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
UK vaccinations - 934,466 as of 29/12 - not including Wales' numbers, so could be closer to 950k or so.

1 in every 70 have now had the vaccine in UK.
And the vaccine isn't licensed for under 18s, so it is more than 1 in 70 of the target number.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Good point - the real key is getting those higher risk 22m vaccinated.
Its so hard to find a decent break up of age bands. Specifically how many under 18s can be taken off the population. I am starting to feel more positive that we can get the most vulnerable vaccinated fairly quickly

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its so hard to find a decent break up of age bands. Specifically how many under 18s can be taken off the population. I am starting to feel more positive that we can get the most vulnerable vaccinated fairly quickly

A quick google suggests around 21% (14million) of UK population is under 18.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In terms of the higher risk, it seems we're at about 1 in 25-30 having already had a jab so far. This will improve rapidly in coming weeks.

Yoda

English & European
In terms of the higher risk, it seems we're at about 1 in 25-30 having already had a jab so far. This will improve rapidly in coming weeks.

I would reckon closer to 1 in 50 as due to storage issue's, front line NHS Staff have also been receiving it before it is wasted/expired.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would reckon closer to 1 in 50 as due to storage issue's, front line NHS Staff have also been receiving it before it is wasted/expired.

I was factoring in around 30% going to non-over-80s?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just under 1 in 5 over 80s have now been vaccinated in the UK.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Need to have a think about the vaccination rate relative to the most vulnerable....without doing the sums, seems to me there is a massively front-loaded positive impact of the vacc programme. Very high % of the hospitalised come from high risk categories that will be vaccinated first....so we can expect the numbers in hospital, ICU and dying to dramatically decline as the vaccinations take effect on those most at risk.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Here’s to a better 2021, it’s strange that this thread dying and no posts from all the good people who inhabit it will signal that the crisis is well and truly over. Here’s to a beer, a hot May weekend and a packed Amex with a last minute winner, probably at home to Wycombe :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here