Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Royal Cornwall Hospital, aka Treliske, in Truro, is reporting that they have no Covid19 inpatients. For a hospital that's always on "black alert" in the winter, and with concerns about the summer influx of tourists, this is good news.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The ZOE COVID app now has an “active cases in your area” estimate.

For my area of Arun I have watched this change as follows over the last 2/3 weeks

35 cases
25 cases
14 cases
5 cases
Can you tell me where to find that in the app please? Can't seem to find it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. Trump complained that the number of cases was due to too much testing. I guess this is a reaction to that.

So, he thinks Covid would look better with fewer tests, whereas gun crime would be better with more guns? Let me make a mental note of that.....

:mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you tell me where to find that in the app please? Can't seem to find it.

Only seems to work on iPhone.

Bit disappointed to see that (presumably) colleagues of mine think data 'is'. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Google accounts are free.

Also, if you have an Android phone, don't you need a Google account to any app at all from Google Play?

I probably have a Google account but I have issues with passwords, and am trying to limit the amount of stress getting asked for passwords I have forgotten causes me.

Anyway I have a feeling that my nemesis, Professor Sir XXXXXXXXX is leading on that research, with the single main purpose of airing the sails of his elevation to the House of Lords. Call me a cynic....

I'll get the missus to sort it out for me. Looks like a useful data dredge. Thanks for the links. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

???

money.gif

:lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for all the answers about the Covid app. I have had the app since it appeared. I just cannot find the local data that [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] described.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure where to put this:

https://twitter.com/cricketwyvern/status/1299445679069237248?s=20

Seems like good news if the positives are lower?

For me the good news remains the same. Death rates are massively down. ICUs are virtually empty. Once again (so only good news re cv19) you probably have more chance of dying on a motorway this weekend.

The stats are meaningless, mostly. Everyone's "busking". But every day is a day nearer a cure / further easing of lockdown / vaccine or all three. And every day with a lower UK death number is a good day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure where to put this:

[tweet]1299445679069237248[/tweet]

Seems like good news if the positives are lower?

looks like the weird "science" we have now that makes lots of statements, presents some data that dont match the headline. shows 0.8% rate of false positives, far better than range of other virus. i'll take those odds. false negatives of 25%, not so great, we know this is largely due to poor samples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here