Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If you haven't clicked on "the two most beautiful twins, what do they look like now" link at the bottom of every NSC page, then I reckon you can have a clean conscience :)

Those are targeted ads. Google knows what you like :wink:

(In my case it's women from Eastern Europe and Asia)

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Those are targeted ads. Google knows what you like :wink:

(In my case it's women from Eastern Europe and Asia)
I've got a female teenage pole vaulter, a day at the beach gone wrong, a pair of knee braces, and cremation in Burnley. It's like the story of my life (except for the bit about the pole vaulter!)

But not to derail the topic, my mother's second jab is on Thursday, my first is next Tuesday, and the sun is shining. (OK, that last bit is a lie as well.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've got a female teenage pole vaulter, a day at the beach gone wrong, a pair of knee braces, and cremation in Burnley. It's like the story of my life (except for the bit about the pole vaulter!)

But not to derail the topic, my mother's second jab is on Thursday, my first is next Tuesday, and the sun is shining. (OK, that last bit is a lie as well.)

I'm sure you can work out where the algorithm got 'teenage' and 'pole' from :blush:

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I’ve finally got mine booked and my second one as well. Believe it or not I’m having them done at selhurst park of all places. Wish me luck :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Scores on the doors.......new daily low numbers in this wave on ALL the three main figures :

Infections - 4,712, rolling 7 day down 26.2%
Deaths - 65, rolling 7 day down 34.4%
Admissions - 688, rolling 7 day down 30.1%

Vaccinations - 164k first and 20k second. 22.37m and 1.14m cumulative.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’ve finally got mine booked and my second one as well. Believe it or not I’m having them done at selhurst park of all places. Wish me luck :smile:

You'll get yours, but only after the Holmesdale Fanatics have had theirs else they're not coming back.

But good luck.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BREAKING: The American Centre for Disease Control (CDC) has released guidance saying fully vaccinated grandparents can visit safely with unvaccinated grandchildren.

I see this as good news. They are highly confident it works properly.

Yoda

English & European
Scores on the doors.......new daily low numbers in this wave on ALL the three main figures :

Infections - 4,712, rolling 7 day down 26.2%
Deaths - 65, rolling 7 day down 34.4%
Admissions - 688, rolling 7 day down 30.1%

Vaccinations - 164k first and 20k second. 22.37m and 1.14m cumulative.

This figure is the key highlight from todays figures as it will include a big majority of all the home lateral flow tests carried out yesterday at home by staff and children returning to school today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This figure is the key highlight from todays figures as it will include a big majority of all the home lateral flow tests carried out yesterday at home by staff and children returning to school today.

Yes and no - it was actually reported 150k+ higher yesterday but the reporting is all over the place, hence never worth focusing on a single day's numbers (if you look behind the numbers, virtually none are in fact from the previous 24 hours). I also think the infection figure might rise occasionally as lockdown eases, so personally more interested in admissions and deaths as these are the most important in terms of the vaccs working (ie people not getting seriously ill)

Anyway, all going in very much the right direction, and rapidly

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just curious and not wishing to derail things but earlier I saw England announcing a figure of just over 100 deaths. It's good that the UK number is lower but I can't work out why.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here