Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Given how frustrating the football is at the moment, this thread is probably the only reason for keep coming back to NSC.

It's been the first thread I open each day for quite some time now.

My delight at the scale and speed of the Vaccine 'roll-out', and with it the potential return to some kind of normality over the summer, is matched only by how fed-up I am with clueless Potter and our useless strikers at the moment.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
An FT summary updated today, of vaccine doses administered per 100 people.

View attachment 134606

In sheer numbers terms, the UK is the 21st most populated country, yet has the 3rd highest number of doses given .... only behind the US and China.

A nimble system that simply got on with it.

It’s a remarkable effort from the UK and also the US in fairness. The vast majority of countries in that list are small nations - I think only the UK, US, Turkey, Morocco and Spain clear 15m people and we’re comfortably ahead of all of them. I definitely think there’s a case to argue that, thus far, our vaccine rollout has been the very best in the world.

Edit: I underestimated Poland and Chile, but I think the point still stands.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I do wonder if the data was delayed earlier because of this.......the last couple of times I’ve seen a notice posted saying data has been delayed, it’s been followed by a dramatic drop in the number they were working on. Maybe a bit of extra checking going on.......

Anyway, great news.....here’s the chart

View attachment 134607

I stand to be corrected but Monday is generally even lower than Sunday as we're always reporting a day behind, so hopefully tomorrow will be another day in single figures deaths and following through the trend every day will be in single figures within about 10 days.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Potentially very good news regarding long-term vaccine efficacy from a thread by an infectious disease doctor at UCSF:

[tweet]1368686923510812672[/tweet]

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Ahem...the kids have just left for school.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As of 8am this morning BSUH has 33 covid patients.

I was off last week so apologies for not being able to update, but delighted to see the numbers have halved in that time :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1368876409859477504[/TWEET]

I was "done" earlier - appointment time 0950 and I was already back in the car by then cursing that I had paid for 2 hours parking :) Most efficiently dealt with and a big thanks to those working at the Tonbridge Angel Centre who make it happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Local data for Mid Sussex out of interest :

Cases
People tested positive in Mid Sussex

Daily - 9
Last 7 days - 61 (-18.7%)
Rate per 100k resident population: 31.1

Deaths
Deaths within 28 days of positive test in Mid Sussex
Latest data at local authority (lower tier) level provided on 7 March 2021

Daily - 1
Last 7 days - 6 (-45.5%)

Healthcare
Patients admitted in Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals
Latest data at healthcare trust level provided on 28 February 2021

Daily - 2
Last 7 days - 24 (-61.3%)
All healthcare data in Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It was lovely to hear the kids in the playground playing ...That does sound a bit pedo but its lovely to hear a normal sound of kids having fun.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was lovely to hear the kids in the playground playing ...That does sound a bit pedo but its lovely to hear a normal sound of kids having fun.

No ... I don't think it does ... the majority of people find it a nice sound

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No ... I don't think it does ... the majority of people find it a nice sound

Yeah but to be fair paedos would definitely find it a nice sound.

(I'm joking everyone!)

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
My back garden backs on to a school field and I must admit it was a nice thing to hear.

No, I'm not a peado. Yes, in 3 weeks time I'll be sick of it again.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeah but to be fair paedos would definitely find it a nice sound.

(I'm joking everyone!)

If you haven't clicked on "the two most beautiful twins, what do they look like now" link at the bottom of every NSC page, then I reckon you can have a clean conscience :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyway, i'm sure the most be some more coronavirus good news ....... someone? anyone?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

After the first lock-down, my elderly mum started walking to the local shops to get her paper and daily exercise. She said she burst in to tears when she heard children playing in the park for the first time again.
Expect she will be over the moon to walk past the school this morning and hear the kids all out together in the playground :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here