Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Patients admitted to hospital rolling 7 day number drops again - now down 11%. The nu,ber being admitted looks to be falling steadily on the graph now (in line, with a lag, with the positive cases)
Positive tests 28k, now down 29.4% on prior 7 day period (that's 83k fewer in a week)
282k first dose vaccinations reported for yesterday, and at 7.447m we're therefore roughly half way through the 15m in identified most vulnerable groups

Just to add

We're starting to see an improvement in the number of patients in hospital due to Covid.

On the 27th January, there were 30,846 patients in England, down 1,491 from the day before and down 3,490 from the peak on the 18th January.

https://twitter.com/coronavirusgoo1/status/1354827843960594437?s=21

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Great news on the Novavax vaccine, and particularly the 60m doses on order. Remarkable how well we seemed to have backed (virtually) all the right horses, and backed them confidently with significant volumes.

It's also remarkable that we now have so many effective vaccines when for so long we were told that we might never get a single one, and even if we did, it could take years to come to fruition. Now that's a parallel world I wouldn't want to live in. These are still tough times, no doubt, but count your blessings.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
More good vaccine news

Novavax demonstrates over 89% efficacy in its phase 3 trials.

The UK has ordered 60 million doses

(Still a process to go through)

https://twitter.com/coronavirusgoo1/status/1354900708697530369?s=21

Important to note that there was a large trial in South Africa too. Over 90% of detected cases were of the South African variant.

[tweet] 1354899565271461895 [/tweet]

Now, they did see the efficacy in the South African trial dip to just under 50%, but that's still about as good as the current flu vaccine. Very very good news.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
They said they won't tell us for a year, though I gather that may change if we're offered a vaccine. I've had no side effects whatsoever so suspect I'm on the placebo.

Apparently those of us that have had a placebo will be get the vaccine in the next few weeks if we want to stay in the trial. Saves unblinding. We will just get the opposite of what we had the first time. My next appointment is 26th Feb so I’ll let you know.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Apparently those of us that have had a placebo will be get the vaccine in the next few weeks if we want to stay in the trial. Saves unblinding. We will just get the opposite of what we had the first time. My next appointment is 26th Feb so I’ll let you know.
You seem to get a hell of a lot more information than I do! Great news if true.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
[MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION]

I too am on the Novavax trial my next appointment at the Leeds trial is next week - 3 February. My main question will of course be what are the next steps on whether I take national roll out of Vaccine (particularly as over 50's are due to have it by end of March). Of course to make to make that decision I need to know whether I have had the Novavax jab or placebo.

I will ask about the trial allowing those that had the placebo to have the Novavax jab in order to stay on the trial.

I will let you know more next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here