Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Matt Hancock making positive noises this morning about all over 18s being offered the vaccine by autumn

Def seems to be a high and increasing degree of confidence in the rollout of the programme. Imagine the logistical side must be coming together quite well behind the scenes, and that the position re supplies of the vials is progressing well. Daily updates on numbers are being published from tomorrow - all being well these should be a real beacon of hope and positivity. Can’t wait to start seeing the infection, hospitalisation and death rates start to fall - genuinely don’t think it’ll be too long before we start to see that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Def seems to be a high and increasing degree of confidence in the rollout of the programme. Imagine the logistical side must be coming together quite well behind the scenes, and that the position re supplies of the vials is progressing well. Daily updates on numbers are being published from tomorrow - all being well these should be a real beacon of hope and positivity. Can’t wait to start seeing the infection, hospitalisation and death rates start to fall - genuinely don’t think it’ll be too long before we start to see that.

Thought for a while that January would be pretty horrendous and then moving into February we should start to see things get better and better.

Yes, I would say next week or so then we should see a decline in hospital admissions deaths and new infections. This time a decline which is permanent!!🤞

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Excellent news - key to getting the schools open (and the right thing to do for their sakes)

great news if teachers are to get the vaccine as long as the support staff get it as well, ie anyone working with the kids at school, not just those in a certain union.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
and footballers...……….said dickhead Sean Dyche
This is the quote that certain journalists and more specifically twitter users, possibly through deliberate malice but more likely because they are a bit thick or incompetent, have missed or ignored:

"I must reiterate, I'm not remotely trying to step in front of the key workers, the essential people who need vaccinations. I'm just suggesting if there is a window to fast-track through football, to get it back to being fully competitive, on an even playing field..."

He is talking about vaccinations after the vulnerable and the key workers have been done.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is the quote that certain journalists and more specifically twitter users, possibly through deliberate malice but more likely because they are a bit thick or incompetent, have missed or ignored:

"I must reiterate, I'm not remotely trying to step in front of the key workers, the essential people who need vaccinations. I'm just suggesting if there is a window to fast-track through football, to get it back to being fully competitive, on an even playing field..."

He is talking about vaccinations after the vulnerable and the key workers have been done.

Maybe, but it was ill timed, ill advised, open to (deliberate) mis interpretation and something that must have been in his thoughts.

Which groups of people did he think footballers might be ahead of?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here