Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I wonder how many comments there will be re the protests that started 3(?) weeks ago

With my totally ill-informed hat on this does seem to suggest that the outdoor transmission of Covid is indeed much lower than feared. Unless I am missing something there has been little or no reaction to the outdoor gatherings for VE Day, sunny beach days or BLM protests, this is starting to look positive. Seeing that test number below 1000 is heartening indeed.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With my totally ill-informed hat on this does seem to suggest that the outdoor transmission of Covid is indeed much lower than feared. Unless I am missing something there has been little or no reaction to the outdoor gatherings for VE Day, sunny beach days or BLM protests, this is starting to look positive. Seeing that test number below 1000 is heartening indeed.

It is possible that we would have seen deaths and infections fall faster than they have, but agree we haven't seen the rise in cases people were predicting.

Still caveats on weekends, and still 15 families impacted, but things looking brighter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It is possible that we would have seen deaths and infections fall faster than they have, but agree we haven't seen the rise in cases people were predicting.

Still caveats on weekends, and still 15 families impacted, but things looking brighter.

It's undoubtedly the case that indoor areas tend to see greater likelihood of spread than outdoors. The ridiculous run of good weather we have enjoyed has almost certainly help with seeing the virus spread slow.

"The odds that a primary case transmitted COVID-19 in a closed environment was 18.7 times greater compared to an open-air environment (95% confidence interval [CI]: 6.0, 57.9). Conclusions: It is plausible that closed environments contribute to secondary transmission of COVID-19 and promote superspreading events. Our findings are also consistent with the declining incidence of COVID-19 cases in China, as gathering in closed environments was prohibited in the wake of the rapid spread of the disease."

Source >>> https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.28.20029272v2

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A9317E04-1103-474F-9D66-6876E807A4AD.jpeg

Deaths in England have decreased from 167 per day 1 month ago too less than 50 per day.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Netherlands reports it's first day of 0 deaths.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Ship Inn, Lyme Regis reopening at midday on 4th July.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here