Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Saw yesterday in a tweet - can’t find it now but will post if I do - that the area of Arun has had ZERO pillar 1 cases for the past 7 days.

Yoda

English & European
Saw yesterday in a tweet - can’t find it now but will post if I do - that the area of Arun has had ZERO pillar 1 cases for the past 7 days.

I haven't updated my graphs for a little while for the Sussex LA's. I'll do them later tonight and post the results but having a quick look at the spreadsheet from the Government website they haven't had one for the past 23 days. Worthing showing as 18 days too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't updated my graphs for a little while for the Sussex LA's. I'll do them later tonight and post the results but having a quick look at the spreadsheet from the Government website they haven't had one for the past 23 days. Worthing showing as 18 days too.

Adur doing ‘well’ I recall

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Covid symptom study estimated rate of new infections updated yesterday for the period 31st May to 13th June. shows 26% reduction over that period (during which a fair amount of activity in terms of opening up) for all UK and 25%for England. Down from 4,900 to 3,612. As I have said before I think this is a useful and credible source. With nearly 4 million contributors providing information on symptoms backed up now by a significant system of random testing. And reassuringly it seems to be matching the trends shown by other sources of continued decline.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

If we all just keep being sensible we can keep this trend going in the right direction.

The longer we maintain the trend, the lower the numbers get, the easier it will be to manage and the less we have to disrupt our lives until a medical solution arrives. Which will happen.

Yoda

English & European
A little later than what I originally said but her are the graphs showing Tier 1 confirmed cases by date of sample for all Sussex Local Authority areas. Sorted by most recent cases.
Wealden.JPG
Brighton and Hove.JPG
Lewes.JPG
Horsham.JPG

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
WTF happened in Rother on 22nd May? Did they all have a giant cough-in?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
interesting graphs above, and also the 111 tables. We are now far enough past the VE Day and early bank holidays and first easing of lockdown to have to really worry about any spike in infections caused by those events. The Black Lives Matter protests do not seem to have caused an increase in calls -at least the first weekend is now at the point where symptoms would be showing and calls to 111 increasing- even the second weekend of protests would be starting to cause symptoms in a large enough number of people to notice a large upswing in cases. I have no doubt there will be a couple of bumps in the figures, but it would seem if we can get through this coming weekend without a surge , it looks likely that we have avoided what could have been the start of a resurgence of large numbers of new cases. If that does prove to be the case it will surely show that community infection is well under control and that the later part of summer may well be much more "normal" than a lot of us thought even a few weeks ago

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Government have now decided to abandon the “World beating “centralised tracking app and move to decentralised Apple/Google app like the majority of the rest of the world

Another major u-turn, but, hopefully we can move forward with confidence now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know this is the good news thread and those Sussex charts are definitely good news, but why on earth my kids are not at school looking at that data is quite frankly beyond me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here