Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The coolest band of all time - let's have your nominations

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Never heard of half the bands you're all talking about, except the Punk ones. Is Punk still cool?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
After seeing Iggy and the Stooges at Hop Farm on saturday it has to be them, or a psychedelic band from the 60s called Love, who recorded an album called Forever Changes. I saw then 3 times in recent years, and the front man Arthur Lee (Now sadly departed) was the coolest dude on the planet

arthur-lee-sevens.jpg

I have a DVD of Forever Changes concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Arthur Lee is indeed coolness personified in it and I think he was quite ill at the time as I think he died not long afterwards?

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I don't know about bands before the late 80s as I was too young to know. I was thinking Spacemen 3, The Happy Mondays, My Bloody Valentine but it can be only one band for me and that's The Stone Roses

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yet again the answer to a best band style thread is Super Furry Animals, whose lead singer, Gruff Rhys, also doubles up as the coolest man of all time.

As much as I adore SFA, one of my favourite ever bands, IMHO they have flirted with cool but this is all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Larry Mullen Jnr is divine.

He most certainly is. And to quote Boy George "Bono, if you havnt found what you're looking for, take a look at your drummer"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here