• fans

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • dick

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Not concerned while at the withdean as thats more dicks kettle of fish and dick is struggling right now.

Its after falmer is built is where the big buisness starts and then it becomes out of dicks league.
Yeah people may say having a potless chairman is safer,but i beg to differ and thats my opion.:rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Right. Time to get tuppence worth in while it's early evening and things haven't yet degenerated into the usual slanging match.

Reckon DK should be given the benefit of the doubt by EVERYONE til Falmer gets the green light. There may actually be an elaborate game plan to scale up on the investment, and probably is. There probably ARE unnamed big investors waiting in the wings who will be unveiled when Falmer gets the green light. It's like other areas of entertainment. You need to sidle in with the big money to succeed bigtime. Dido got a big leg up from Eminem. Nobody could give a flyer about Justin Timberlake in the UK til he fondled Kylie's bum at some awards ceremony or other. The Strokes are currently (desperately) trying to acheive critical mass by doing 'Mix' with Christine Aguilera. In Albion circles, you can be sure that Travis Perkins aren't sponsoring every other Albion home game just cos they're big fans. There's big big local-ish names like Amex & Bodyshop & Virgin & TSB who are almost certainly in some kind of contact with the Albion with a view to investing. The deals may well already have been done, subject to a Falmer go-ahead. Got to believe that, because if there really IS no money available for players then there sure as hell isn't enough to build a state-of-the-art-stadium. Keep The Faith :clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I agree fully and i also agree he should be a huge part of the club once he steps aside at the right time.:clap: :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
I agree fully and i also agree he should be a huge part of the club once he steps aside at the right time.:clap: :clap:

Oh shit! That's ME in for a pasting from The Large One and NMH as well then :(

berkshire seagull said:
Once falmer is built money men will roll in as its better than running a club in turmiol in which happens a lot these days.

Even you must realise that the 'turmoil' we find ourselves in today is a stroll in the park compared to six or seven years ago.

Back then, who in their right mind would have been prepared to put one penny of their own money into the club? We had no home, survived relegation from the Football League on the last day and, from a business point of view at least, had absolutely nothing going for it.

I only saw one man come forward. That was Dick Knight. And he is the only man, despite your protestations of all these money men (where are they?), that has stuck with us.

As much as the fans fought to get rid of Bellotti and Archer, ultimately they didn't have a plan to keep the club going.

FACT: If Dick Knight hadn't of taken over at the end of the 1996/97 season then there wouldn't be a Brighton & Hove Albion.

In my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone, that gains just a TOUCH of respect and a certain amount of slack when things are going perfectly.

This is becoming a pretty tedious thread to be honest. People are pointing out black and white FACTS and you're just coming back with the same old tired arguments which have got more floors than Canary Wharf. And when you're backed into a corner you simply insult people and challenge them to a fight. Very intellectual.

If you're going to run out on The Albion, fine, do it. Just do it quietly, and don't come running back in a couple of years' time claiming your bit of the glory.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Even you must realise that the 'turmoil' we find ourselves in today is a stroll in the park compared to six or seven years ago.

Back then, who in their right mind would have been prepared to put one penny of their own money into the club? We had no home, survived relegation from the Football League on the last day and, from a business point of view at least, had absolutely nothing going for it.

I only saw one man come forward. That was Dick Knight. And he is the only man, despite your protestations of all these money men (where are they?), that has stuck with us.

As much as the fans fought to get rid of Bellotti and Archer, ultimately they didn't have a plan to keep the club going.

FACT: If Dick Knight hadn't of taken over at the end of the 1996/97 season then there wouldn't be a Brighton & Hove Albion.

In my book, and I'm sure I'm not alone, that gains just a TOUCH of respect and a certain amount of slack when things are going perfectly.

This is becoming a pretty tedious thread to be honest. People are pointing out black and white FACTS and you're just coming back with the same old tired arguments which have got more floors than Canary Wharf. And when you're backed into a corner you simply insult people and challenge them to a fight. Very intellectual.

If you're going to run out on The Albion, fine, do it. Just do it quietly, and don't come running back in a couple of years' time claiming your bit of the glory.
You are missing the point as although dick came in it doesn't mean we have to stick with him and end up skint forever.
You don't no who else may have come in and nor does anyone else and the fact is yes dick came in and thats that.

I don't get backed into corners safeways you gay bear as im here fighting my corner through the whole topic.
The fact is that because dick stepped in most of you want loyalty towards him,but this is football and loyalty as we all know gets you nothing.
People just don't understand that the club will always struggle financially with dick as chairman its a fact.
Supporters will demand i can tell ya and dick may get away with it at withdean,but not at falmer.

Im pretty sure he will step aside at the right time and thats when money comes a priority.:salute:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:

Considering i have seen us skint basicly all 16 years if i decide to turn up around falmer time thats my choice and not anyone elses.:wave:

At the moment its a complete rip-off and i feel the club owes me a lot more than i owe them.:p

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
He is NOT my God. No-one is!

I am my own freethinking freewilled person, with my own belives and raitonal thoughts.

Uncle Buck. "Dick Knight's Barmy Army," it is then. Especially if it annoyed Belloti.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Never trust the bearded man mmmmm:lolol:
Dick being your god does not annoy me,but you will remember this in time and remember how right i was.:clap:

From having more floors than Canary Wharf, your arguement has now gone to having more twists than a bow tie. Not sure I can keep up.

If your point is that Knight doesn't have the financial clout to mount a serious challenge for Division 1 and beyond I don't think you'll find many people on here disagreeing with. Most people recognise his restraints. One of the results of this is the high prices we pay at Withdean (the fans, not the club). He can't afford to subsidise our seats. I'm sure he would even admit that himself and, when the time comes, will allow other investors in. To that end you're saying anything new.

That's not just what you've been saying though. You've accused him of deliberately taking us for a ride, laughing in our faces and generally not giving a shit about BHAFC. And it is THAT which has pissed so many people off.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Thats just it you idiot the club will never reach its potential with dick in charge and thats a fact.
I would like to see the club at its most potential and in time when dick steps aside when the time is right then it will happen.

Once falmer is built money men will roll in as its better than running a club in turmiol in which happens a lot these days.

People blab on that there isn't money men out there,well i can assure you there is shite loads and even all these clubs struggling in the lower leagues get a fair few offers to buy.:drink:

Go to bed turkey as your an idiot:salute:

Don't call me an idiot. How do you define our potential. Every single club in the country surely has a similar potential. Maybe we won't achieve great things with Dick but I don't believe there are many people who want his job who could deliver any better than he can. Get real. When Falmer is built money will roll in.. Well you can thank Dick Knight for that can't you. No complaining about Zamora funds etc... :rolleyes:

Turkey said:
Don't call me an idiot. How do you define our potential. Every single club in the country surely has a similar potential. Maybe we won't achieve great things with Dick but I don't believe there are many people who want his job who could deliver any better than he can. Get real. When Falmer is built money will roll in.. Well you can thank Dick Knight for that can't you. No complaining about Zamora funds etc... :rolleyes:

If Falmer gets the green light, there will be more than a tangible right to believe that investors and sponsors will sit up big-time and take interest. Until that time, the most we can hope for is what we have now - and this may not be the case for much longer

When we get to the plentiful bounty of a sizeable comfortable stadium, then perhaps we can expect the price of tickets to be comparative with other clubs in our division. I imagine (and hope) the concession stands and healthy advertising contracts will pull in considerable revenue to redress the balance. No-one should begrudge Knight making a few quid into the bargain, as long as substantual entertainment is on the agenda and he maintains good business to be a credit to the quality venue.
Meanwhile, DK simply has to balance the books and try to keep BHA sucessful as possible on modest funds.

To boitch, barrack and moan at the geezer (and anyone else who doesn't moan) right now, of all times, just really comes off as unnecessary and over the top.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
I might change my login name...don't want to be associated with the original....a very misguided individual :shootself
Oi button your cake hole and if you don't have something decent to say don't post.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here