Votes: 28 47.5%
  • dick

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
Don't call me an idiot. How do you define our potential. Every single club in the country surely has a similar potential. Maybe we won't achieve great things with Dick but I don't believe there are many people who want his job who could deliver any better than he can. Get real. When Falmer is built money will roll in.. Well you can thank Dick Knight for that can't you. No complaining about Zamora funds etc... :rolleyes:
Errrr no turkey not every club has our potential or maybe you are just not old enough to no enough as all you have seen is the shite days etc.

Believe me our potential is huge:smokin:
Did i call you an idiot im sorry how about a complete twat:clap2:

I started this topic on what i see ahead at the club and people have a choice to read or post or neither.
Im no fg just that normal armchair fan stating the obvious that we probably have the poorest chairman in the football league.:flameboun

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
CrabtreeBHA said:
Berkshire is such a great dancer (as proved at the summer meet up in the Event afterwards)...anyway I read in another thread (somewhere) that you didnt wanna watch or support the Albion again (forget which) so in that case can I have your tattoo? :lolol:
I do believe you need to upgrade your mini tattoo,so i can recomend a good tattooist for you and i reckon it will be around £80-90 as was 50 6 year ago.:smokin: :wave:

I reckon you could give me a good run for my money on the floor:D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
berkshire seagull said:
Oi button your cake hole and if you don't have something decent to say don't post.:drink:

That's odd, it's never stopped you.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Errrr no turkey not every club has our potential

You're right. Not every club does at all. We have a huge advantage, in that we have a massive catchment area for supporters. This gives us a massive advantage in that we can fill a large stadium. This advantage is lost at Withdean, we need somewhere much bigger. Which is why Dick Knight is putting most of our current funds into achieving it. Which side of this argument are you on again?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Safeway said:
I've come to the conclusion that he's just trying to controversial for controversy's sake.

But I really can't see the appeal of copying FG, Ernie and Watford. Do people think it would make them cool if they looked up to those three?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Errrr no turkey not every club has our potential or maybe you are just not old enough to no enough as all you have seen is the shite days etc.

Believe me our potential is huge:smokin:
Did i call you an idiot im sorry how about a complete twat:clap2:

I started this topic on what i see ahead at the club and people have a choice to read or post or neither.
Im no fg just that normal armchair fan stating the obvious that we probably have the poorest chairman in the football league.:flameboun

f*** off Pete. Every club has the potential to win the European Cup. That's the ultimate. Time to forget the potential support. Yeah we have a catchment area. So what? Didn't make any more people turn up today. Any club who does well will get fans in.

You're a wind up. I know you are. Don't give me gried. I'm not in the mood. My grandad's sick in hospital, i've got shit loads of work to do. Just shut the f*** up.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
DTES said:
You're right. Not every club does at all. We have a huge advantage, in that we have a massive catchment area for supporters. This gives us a massive advantage in that we can fill a large stadium. This advantage is lost at Withdean, we need somewhere much bigger. Which is why Dick Knight is putting most of our current funds into achieving it. Which side of this argument are you on again?

I don't buy that. For a start. Falmer will about 25,000 right. That's not big enough to fulfill the millions of fans who want to see us.. We won't get more than an average of 10k at Falmer unless we're in Division 1 or higher. We can't even sell out Withdean any more.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Turkey said:
I don't buy that. For a start. Falmer will about 25,000 right. That's not big enough to fulfill the millions of fans who want to see us.. We won't get more than an average of 10k at Falmer unless we're in Division 1 or higher. We can't even sell out Withdean any more.

There's a reason we don't sell out Withdean anymore. It's simple, it's a shit venue for watching football, and people aren't prepared to put up with it anymore, only the hardcore of fans will. This clearly isn't Dick Knight's fault. Now a purpose built venue is much more attractive to the floating fans who want to have a nice afternoon at the match, which is what Dick is so close to acheiving. As to the crowds we'll get at Falmer, I suspect that there will be a lot of interest when the ground first opens so the crowds will be quite large - what happens after that will be dependant on results.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I know why we don't sell out Withdean. I'm sick of it too. It cost me £35 to get to Brighton to watch the game and the £18 I think it the match ticket as a part of my season ticket cost. It's not fun. It's a waste of time. But 7,000 people is capacity. It's not that much! I honestly don't believe the attendances will be much higher than 10,000. It'll take a long time to get back the lost support. The truth is. We don't have many fans.

Turkey said:
I honestly don't believe the attendances will be much higher than 10,000. It'll take a long time to get back the lost support. The truth is. We don't have many fans.

BOLLOCKS!! The last time we were in the top flight we averaged 32,000. If Reading can get 13,000 then we can get at least that.

It's true that we have 'lost' some support, but we've 'lost' them because of Withdean's restrictions, not because people have given up on the club all together. The reason there are so many spare seats is because there's a culture of "There's no point applying for a ticket, it's always a sell-out". I know for a fact the club are trying hard to remedy this but it will take time. However, when Falmer is built people will know that they won't have to book two weeks in advance for a ticket and they can just turn up on the day. I honestly believe the floating support will return overnight.

The interest in the county is there, no doubt about it. We just need a venue that can accomodate it. Falmer will do that.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
The truth is. We don't have many fans. [/B]

true - too many BHA fans think we have 12k strong support.

we don't.

not many ppl want to watch 300 throw-ins and 55 goal kicks for 90 minutes.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Safeway said:
BOLLOCKS!! The last time we were in the top flight we averaged 32,000. If Reading can get 13,000 then we can get at least that.

It's true that we have 'lost' some support, but we've 'lost' them because of Withdean's restrictions, not because people have given up on the club all together. The reason there are so many spare seats is because there's a culture of "There's no point applying for a ticket, it's always a sell-out". I know for a fact the club are trying hard to remedy this but it will take time. However, when Falmer is built people will know that they won't have to book two weeks in advance for a ticket and they can just turn up on the day. I honestly believe the floating support will return overnight.

The interest in the county is there, no doubt about it. We just need a venue that can accomodate it. Falmer will do that.

Yes. When we were in the top flight. In those days any club in the top flight would expect that.

Fans will not return over night. They've found new intrests and hobbies.

I don't believe in this Withdean 'culture' either. I'm sure it exists for some but if we really do have that many fans it wouldn't be an issue.

We, like any other club, have the potential to get 20,000 + people through our gates in the future.

It's potential though. We don't have that many people willing to watch the Albion.

We've got about 5,000 fans who will regularly turn up. I don't believe there are another 10,000 people out there who would regularly turn up to watch what we have right now.

If you support Brighton in a Brighton school you get bullied. :nono:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I know loads of people who went to the Goldstone on a regular basis and will not go to withdean,but i know most of them would go to Falmer.its not that they arn't loyal,its just thier choice.

DTES said:
But I really can't see the appeal of copying FG, Ernie and Watford. Do people think it would make them cool if they looked up to those three?

No, they have no credibility and people know enough before they even respond to them. Having someone else echoing their stuff to provoke a reaction, run BHA down just as we're waiting to get a response for Falmer, makes you wonder where they have been while archer/bellotti screwed and wrang the club out for as much as possible with no regard for a football team that historically entertained the Brighton and Hove area for about a century.

Without positive passion for the team and club, we wouldn't even have a club, simple as that. What is positive about repetitive railing against the one bloke (and no alternative bloke has been even heard of sniffing around the idea) who (barely) kept the club alive for 'future reference' ?
Maybe he himself doesn't have millions to plough into the team - but who does for any team, and what has been the outcome of such cavalier investments ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
I've given up trying to figure out exactly what Berkshire's point is. I'm not sure he knows himself and I've come to the conclusion that he's just trying to controversial for controversy's sake. Ho hum. :rolleyes:
Well give up then as im giving my points regardless of what people think.

Or do i give to many points:p

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
DTES said:
Who's copying i don't think so as i do more than one line in my responces and the fact its what you don't like to read is what irritates you all as you all respond no problem and if its such drivel why reply.:rolleyes:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:

Actually it was the old div 2 and we averaged 25k and that was better than when in the top flight.:shootself

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
f*** off Pete. Every club has the potential to win the European Cup. That's the ultimate. Time to forget the potential support. Yeah we have a catchment area. So what? Didn't make any more people turn up today. Any club who does well will get fans in.

You're a wind up. I know you are. Don't give me gried. I'm not in the mood. My grandad's sick in hospital, i've got shit loads of work to do. Just shut the f*** up.
Sent you a pm and please stop being mouthy through the site o.k as its a topic and if you wanna be smart you can pm me.:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here