Votes: 28 47.5%
  • dick

Votes: 31 52.5%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lack of skills? He handles bigger accounts, and bigger business in his own company. WADR, I don't think his business skills are lacking.

IMHO keeping hold of Bobby Zamora, when an alleged bid of £3m came in from Everton was a not an unreasonable effort to stay up. It was a gamble - it failed. We sold Zammo, gaining a few quid, and not having to pay his wages any more - and the dosh mainly went on the legal fees for Falmer.

As for your signature munster, we were been losing more than £20,000 per home game before this season. The club has accounted for a trading loss. I am not having a pop, but there is an element of tabloid alarmism about your sig. They are probably true facts, but they are not the whole truth.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Lord Bracknell said:
The Albion's situation is unique.

We lost our ground. We nearly lost our Club.

DK saved us from extinction and set about repairing the damage. That means getting a ground back. His plan also includes ensuring that no-one can ever again do what Archer and Stanley did to us.

The ground we will get will be a community asset, not the property of the football club's owners. It therefore won't be an attractive proposition for any wealthy business person who might want to "get a return on his investment".

Once the stadium is built, the football club itself might just become an attractive opportunity - because a successful football club can generate income which might exceed its running costs.

But until the stadium is built, it isn't possible to reach that position - because the running costs at Withdean will always be higher than the income. Any windfall profits (like the fees received from selling players) will always have to go towards funding the Stadium project (not the building of it, but the millions that the planning application and design work have cost).

So there is no potential financial return that can attract business money in at the moment.

Once approval for the Stadium is achieved, it will attract funding from finance houses who are content with a long-term project that will repay a loan over many years. The Stadium will also attract grants from funding bodies like the South East England Development Agency (whose job is spending government money on suitable regeneration projects). But the Stadium itself will NEVER be a cash cow for someone like Archer.

This is a long-term rescue package. And Dick Knight worked it all out - because he is a fan of the Albion with just enough cash to set the process going and see it through to Falmer.

What happens when we get there is anyone's guess. DK would be the first to admit that his pockets aren't deep enough to buy Ruud van Nistelrooy. But I wouldn't rule out someone with a deal of cash being interested in coming in - provided they realise that the Stadium won't belong to them.

Can we put this thread to bed then? Because anyone who criticises DK (underselling BZ included) IS A STUPID f***ing TOOL

So much for freedom of speech :nono:
People are entitled to their opinions. If Berks believed Dick Knight was really a 3 headed martian what would it matter, no one on here really deserves to be called a twat and cussed just for stating what they believe. It used to be a laugh on here, I didn't realise it was now over run by fanatics.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Large One said:
Lack of skills? He handles bigger accounts, and bigger business in his own company. WADR, I don't think his business skills are lacking.
You're probably right on the first one but I would think that running a football club would be different to an ordinary business. It is just my opinion and my concern but only time will tell whether he can lead a club beyond Division 2.

IMHO keeping hold of Bobby Zamora, when an alleged bid of £3m came in from Everton was a not an unreasonable effort to stay up. It was a gamble - it failed. We sold Zammo, gaining a few quid, and not having to pay his wages any more - and the dosh mainly went on the legal fees for Falmer.

I don't think last season was DK's best and there was more than one 'cock up' but he earned the right for that one. We can only hope that lessons were learned.

As for your signature munster, we were been losing more than £20,000 per home game before this season. The club has accounted for a trading loss. I am not having a pop, but there is an element of tabloid alarmism about your sig. They are probably true facts, but they are not the whole truth.

Yes, but we are losing roughly an additional £20,000. My calculations are flawed as they don't factor season ticket holders who don't turn up or a percentage of the fans being concessions but it is worrying to me especially when, as you say, we were losing 20k when we were selling out withdean. I didn't write any of this for an excuse to have a dig at DK but as a worried fan.
Thanks for not calling me a twat though :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
So much for freedom of speech :nono:
People are entitled to their opinions. If Berks believed Dick Knight was really a 3 headed martian what would it matter, no one on here really deserves to be called a twat and cussed just for stating what they believe. It used to be a laugh on here, I didn't realise it was now over run by fanatics.

Having a different opinion is fine. However Berkshire is rambeling and has no point. It's boiled down eventually to a point we all know - we need someone with more money. Old Argument! Step forward the person with dough. Berkshire has no argument and he knows it. He just finds it funny to wind people up. As you have done in the past. Your idea of a laugh is pissing off other people. It doesn't work like that. I should also add that Berkshire hasn't contested anything I've said. He knows it's true!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
Having a different opinion is fine. However Berkshire is rambeling and has no point. It's boiled down eventually to a point we all know - we need someone with more money. Old Argument! Step forward the person with dough. Berkshire has no argument and he knows it. He just finds it funny to wind people up. As you have done in the past. Your idea of a laugh is pissing off other people. It doesn't work like that. I should also add that Berkshire hasn't contested anything I've said. He knows it's true!
Turkey stop being a prat and read as i do make my point.
My point as i have said many of times is that dick is useless and isn't big enough or rich enough to make us a force in football.

To many dick lovers on here who would suck his cock if he asked and my god for a potless chairman how does he acheive so much.

I started this thread because i was stating my view on the future of the club,but i exspected this to turn out this way as you all have dick on the head and he is god etc.

Opions count for nout on here unless dick tight is your god full stop.
The fact is that the fans are paying the price for the current running of the club and still they see knight as god.

Obviously i couldn't give a toss what you think or anyone else as i respect peoples opions regardless of what it is.

Face it,its a fact that if your not a fan of knight your an arse:smokin: :wave:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
bhaexpress said:
You don't seem to have a lot of people agreeing with you Berks, any idea why ?
Yes because im not a knight fan:drink:
How about you call it a day on mrs bha this mrs bha that as thats all you blabber on about.
Why don't you just move over there and be done with it and give everyone a break from the same old shite.:smokin:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Yes because im not a knight fan:drink:
How about you call it a day on mrs bha this mrs bha that as thats all you blabber on about.
Why don't you just move over there and be done with it and give everyone a break from the same old shite.:smokin:

your best post for a while. BHAexpress dates a different trailor trash hooore every year always promises to move to the states but never does!!!

...please don't say ure giving her money britbyte.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I have always stated im not a knight fan although personally im sure he is the average chap.
The clan on here do not bother me as they are reknown for trying to brush non knight fans aside to suit there needs.

Not me as i stick to what i believe and in time it will be there for them all to see.:smokin:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Both DK and the fans were vital when the chips were down and our beloved club nearly died... your poll choices are too limited... should include a 'both'...

I believe Dick will move over when the time is right, and that is not now... he will be in charge at the big Falmer kick-off... and this is how it should be...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Turkey stop being a prat and read as i do make my point.
My point as i have said many of times is that dick is useless and isn't big enough or rich enough to make us a force in football.

To many dick lovers on here who would suck his cock if he asked and my god for a potless chairman how does he acheive so much.

I started this thread because i was stating my view on the future of the club,but i exspected this to turn out this way as you all have dick on the head and he is god etc.

Opions count for nout on here unless dick tight is your god full stop.
The fact is that the fans are paying the price for the current running of the club and still they see knight as god.

Obviously i couldn't give a toss what you think or anyone else as i respect peoples opions regardless of what it is.

Face it,its a fact that if your not a fan of knight your an arse:smokin: :wave:

Ok. So WHY is Dick Knight "useless and not big enough and not rich enough to run this football club"?

Personally I wouldn't call a man who brings the club back to Brighton and is very close to getting us a new ground "useless". Under Dick Knight's control this club has seen a huge turn around in fortunes. We've won two Championships and played in the 2nd tier of English football. How on earth can you complain! It's astonishing! Brighton & Hove Albion.. A force in football? Come off it. We're a long way from that. We've never EVER been a force in football on a grand scale. You're asking for a lot. Why not support Man United? Supporting Brighton isn't about winning European Cups. It never has been. If you wanted to support a team winning European trophies why did you ever even contemplate supporting Brighton? We're are a second division side. Plenty of clubs around us are in huge financial debt. That's not to say we shouldn't have ambition. We should however be realistic.

Why do most of us worship the ground Dick walks on? We appriciate what he has achieved at the club. We share his vision for the future. We know he's not going to make money out of the club. He's a fan. We all want this club to have some money. We don't however want it to go out of existence. Which it so nearly did a few years ago. If it had done I would have never have met a lot of my current friends. I wouldn't have enjoyed the talents of Bobby Zamora. I wouldn't have seen my local team win two championships.

Opinions count for a lot. That's why people read NSC. That want to see what fans have to say. The problem is they want to read thoughtfull, intelligent opinions. Not your shit. If you're not a fan of Knight you're not an arse. You just, in my opinion, have little grasp on the real world.

That's why you create such controversy. You're out of this world. I wonder if you'll make the next meet up. I wouldn't be suprised if you'd been abducted by aliens by then. They'd probably think you're one of their own.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
dwayne said:
your best post for a while. BHAexpress dates a different trailor trash hooore every year always promises to move to the states but never does!!!

...please don't say ure giving her money britbyte.

You never, EVER, learn do you?

I amazed you got another chance on here.

SUPRISE SUPRISE... You've been banned again Dwayne.

:ban:

berkshire seagull said:
I have always stated im not a knight fan although personally im sure he is the average chap.
The clan on here do not bother me as they are reknown for trying to brush non knight fans aside to suit there needs.

Not me as i stick to what i believe and in time it will be there for them all to see.:smokin:

It's not about being 'jingo-ist' for Knight and Knight alone, and you claiming that anyone supportive of DK is 'kissing arse' is based on what exactly??
I have stated my own reasons many times before, but again, the only person willing and able to wrest the misguidance of BHAFC at the time was Knight - and if he was next to me at the Goldstone volunteering to wade into the mess and rescue the club from those self-serving ripoffs then I'd have shook his hand and cheered him on right there.

Yeah, you can deride Albion fans for being supportive of him all you want, but he has a tangible claim that he's the main one worthy of credit - and seeing Brighton play at Withdean is all that could be hoped for up to now, in the circumstances that went before. If he doesn't have the dosh, or isn't spending dosh he DOES have - then we still have one 2nd Division team more playing in Brighton than we WOULD have had if archer/bellotti had continued on course.

It's your perogative to stay away and keep your ticket money - but who-ever chairs for BHAFC is going to be in the same position - there just aren't any multi-millionaires lining up to take his place.
What he has done so far, and is still going through the channels to get, is in the best interest for a future football club in Brighton.

Now especially that the views and reviews are close for Falmer, it's getting old to see all these renewed tirades from anti-Falmer and anti-BHA people. It's no surprise it now gets people's backs up who have been hoping and praying for an optomistic outcome from all this - and I mean 'all this' because it's been frustrating for years.

Some are frustrated with the still-thankful Knight supporters, and personally I'm frustrated with the anti-Knighters.
Where is the tangible argument against Knight ? If there is an alternative (that he would be keeping out) then who is it and why aren't we hearing from this person? Are they fiction ?
Stick to reality - in reality Brighton still has a football team, in reality the team has won two Championships in recent years, in reality there's a real claim on for a Stadium .

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Dick is lucky he has 6,000 fans willing to pay the equivalent of 20 quid a head to sit at withdean.i dont think many other clubs would have this.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Don't know, maybe it's because he happens to be extremely GOOD at running a football club?

Next question?
As below says its the fans that have made dick look good and bha are losing money thick and fast.

1,overpriced tickets make things look brighter
2,Debts are growing,so he can't be doing as good as we thought and imagine it was £14 to get in mmmmm.

face it the fans are the main saviour of bha and boy do they pay for it:p

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Turkey said:
Ok. So WHY is Dick Knight "useless and not big enough and not rich enough to run this football club"?

Personally I wouldn't call a man who brings the club back to Brighton and is very close to getting us a new ground "useless". Under Dick Knight's control this club has seen a huge turn around in fortunes. We've won two Championships and played in the 2nd tier of English football. How on earth can you complain! It's astonishing! Brighton & Hove Albion.. A force in football? Come off it. We're a long way from that. We've never EVER been a force in football on a grand scale. You're asking for a lot. Why not support Man United? Supporting Brighton isn't about winning European Cups. It never has been. If you wanted to support a team winning European trophies why did you ever even contemplate supporting Brighton? We're are a second division side. Plenty of clubs around us are in huge financial debt. That's not to say we shouldn't have ambition. We should however be realistic.

Why do most of us worship the ground Dick walks on? We appriciate what he has achieved at the club. We share his vision for the future. We know he's not going to make money out of the club. He's a fan. We all want this club to have some money. We don't however want it to go out of existence. Which it so nearly did a few years ago. If it had done I would have never have met a lot of my current friends. I wouldn't have enjoyed the talents of Bobby Zamora. I wouldn't have seen my local team win two championships.

Opinions count for a lot. That's why people read NSC. That want to see what fans have to say. The problem is they want to read thoughtfull, intelligent opinions. Not your shit. If you're not a fan of Knight you're not an arse. You just, in my opinion, have little grasp on the real world.

That's why you create such controversy. You're out of this world. I wonder if you'll make the next meet up. I wouldn't be suprised if you'd been abducted by aliens by then. They'd probably think you're one of their own.
Thats just it you idiot the club will never reach its potential with dick in charge and thats a fact.
I would like to see the club at its most potential and in time when dick steps aside when the time is right then it will happen.

Once falmer is built money men will roll in as its better than running a club in turmiol in which happens a lot these days.

People blab on that there isn't money men out there,well i can assure you there is shite loads and even all these clubs struggling in the lower leagues get a fair few offers to buy.:drink:

Go to bed turkey as your an idiot:salute:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
As below says its the fans that have made dick look good and bha are losing money thick and fast.

1,overpriced tickets make things look brighter
2,Debts are growing,so he can't be doing as good as we thought and imagine it was £14 to get in mmmmm.

face it the fans are the main saviour of bha and boy do they pay for it:p

Berks as far as I know the club do not owe any of the financial institutions money. At the end of the day who will lend money to a business with no fixed assets. All monies owed are to the directors who have made contributions when they have joined the club and these are non repayable.

Please get your arguments correct before forcing them on others. We have no money, but we live within our means. Tomorrow at Withdean you will see the remains of a club that tried to 'live the dream' in Oldham. Oh that is right you will not be there, as you have given up on the Albion. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here