Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Church & the BNP.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So if you serve in the Church of England it will soon become illegal to be a member of the BNP (like it or not a legal party) Fair enough you might say ? However why not SWP after all those on the far left are pretty good at 'removing' any oppostition. I agree that membership of both the clergy and the Bnp don't fit as both ideals and beliefs of each are at opposing ends of the scale. However banning is not the answer. :shrug::wave:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agreed. I don't agree with the BNP at all but while it's a legal political party nobody should be prevented from being a member because of their job. At a stetch I might concede some jobs should prevent people being a member of ANY political party but it shouldn't be a small select band of parties.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So if you serve in the Church of England it will soon become illegal to be a member of the BNP (like it or not a legal party) Fair enough you might say ? However why not SWP after all those on the far left are pretty good at 'removing' any oppostition. I agree that membership of both the clergy and the Bnp don't fit as both ideals and beliefs of each are at opposing ends of the scale. However banning is not the answer. :shrug::wave:

It just means that a handful who could tolerate Female Vicars but not immigrants will also become Catholics. Actually the Church of England is entitled to have it's own rules but frankly do many people really care ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perhaps Islam will now outlaw Al Kyida and Hamas ......

what about black slavery that carried out by christians and clergy a like

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I thought it was illegal to be part of any national party if you were a priest... actually that might be Catholic priests.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Its just a marketing ploy to still stay one ahead of Rome in England after all the Poles turned up and gave them a bit of a shot in the arm.

Church of England - The Ones With a Slightly Clearer Policy on Cavorting With Nazis.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Great move by the church for once, i hope it catches on, police, army, civil servants e.t.c

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Great move by the church for once, i hope it catches on, police, army, civil servants e.t.c

What happened to democracy ? Whilst most people don't want anything to do with the BNP trying to stop people getting involved with them is good publicity to them and is likely to encourage membership.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It shows very little you know.You can't vote the BNP in your in the fire service and i presume the police force too.
But saying that my brother knows people who vote for the BNP secretly in the fire service.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Agreed. I don't agree with the BNP at all but while it's a legal political party nobody should be prevented from being a member because of their job. At a stetch I might concede some jobs should prevent people being a member of ANY political party but it shouldn't be a small select band of parties.

So, if you were a non-white member of the general public, would you be happy about members of the BNP being Police officers...or do you think that they could separate their duty to uphold the law from their political offiliation, and not allow one to interefere with the other in their dealings with you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here