Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Catholics are at it again

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Then why didn't you quote them instead of my post?

That gave me the impression you were replying to me.

:)

Oh shit wrong button! Hang on, will edit!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Perfectly put. I too am not religious, have no problem with sexuality, race, colour, whatever. But why should traditions throughout our society be eroded away just to please the minorities?

I'd suggest we bring back the burning of Catholics then - it was a tradition once. Or maybe bear bating - that was a tradition as well.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
Principles that make you homophobic ? What if I said I was against blacks getting married because that was the principle I was raised with ? Would that be right ? No of course not, it would make me racist in exactly the same way anyone against gay marriage is homophobic.

I'm not homophobic. * off please.

I just do not believe in gay marriage. I have gay friends. Some of them don't even believe in gay marriage. 1 in particular doesn't believe in marriage at all!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was allowed to have something called a marriage in registry office in a completely non religious manner.

For those suggesting gay people can't "get married" for religious reasons, by implication am I not really married either ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Now you are just being a twat. lol.
Am I not allowed an opinion then?

No one is saying that you are not allowed an opinion, but surely you should be able and willing to debate your opinion rather than resort to name-calling because someone makes a point with which you disagree.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
How is gay marrage a seperate issue from gay adoption?

If it isn't then why hide a controvetial issue behind a fairley benign one?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
One of the reasons that illegal drugs produce crime is because they're illegal.

No its not the majority of crime is caused by addicts who cannot afford the drug so they turn to crime in order to get money to purchase the drug.

That makes no difference at all if they are legal or not.

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
No its not the majority of crime is caused by addicts who cannot afford the drug so they turn to crime in order to get money to purchase the drug.

That makes no difference at all if they are legal or not.
If marijuana was legal, the entire infrastructure of organized crime involved in its manufacturing and distribution would lose any reason for existence because marijuana would be legally produced and sold at a much cheaper price by legitimate companies.

The blood bath in Mexico would stop.

Many intelligent people have already conjectured this.

The majority? Show me the statistics.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh shit wrong button! Hang on, will edit!
Fair enough :lolol:

It is quite interesting that the only person (I've noticed) that has described themself as Catholic is against this, whereas multiple people are in favour while syaing they're not religious.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Now you are just being a twat. lol.
Am I not allowed an opinion then?

Your argument was that some sort of tradition was being eroded by allowing gay marriage due to a "minority" - how exactly ? A "minority" of people would enjoy bear bating - I'm not really sure how tradition should be allowed to dictate what is or isn't allowed. If you really want to take it down that road then women shouldn't be entitled to vote as after all, it was always tradition that they couldn't.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Elaborate.

I think my post was more indicating that people should care even if it didn't affect them but tbh I'm not even sure myself any more :( and there are now three Google Ads for The Catholic Church versus only one for Marriage Divorce :(

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I find it hard to get worked up by the thought two men or two women wanting to get married. I would however wish to congratulate them on finding themselves a partner they intend to spend the rest of their life with. Too much hate about.

Dandyman

In London village.
"If Roman Catholics don't approve of same-sex marriage, they should make sure they don't get married to someone of the same sex." Ben Summerskill of Stonewall with my quote of the day.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I find it hard to get worked up by the thought two men or two women wanting to get married. I would however wish to congratulate them on finding themselves a partner they intend to spend the rest of their life with. Too much hate about.
Absolutely this - couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here