Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Cardboard Cut Out Fan- Albion & Newcastle United Said To Be In Favour.

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 83 68.0%

• Total voters

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Totally absurd.

Apart from the resource wastage what is the poit when we all know the stadiums are empty. Who exactly are we trying to fool? The tv audience, the players? Words fail me!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Load of tosh. Do any none season tickets want to buy a really nicely situated 1901 space for their cutout? £50 and it’s yours!

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I would rather go the Japanese route with the phone app and the PA System piping me swearing at the ref. At least the players might get some benefit in knowing that some one is watching them and showing an interest.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Just taking in the Aussie Rugby League with cardboard fans and crowd noise that bears no relation to what's going on on the pitch. Is it worth it? Shrug.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Wolves have already announced they are putting a huge mosaic up in the SJH Stand, tickets on sale today. To have your face on the mosaic and receive a special edition programme, is £7.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Also going to be piping loud tutting through the WSL speakers when Dale passes sideways to create more of the real matchday experience apparently

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That is just mental.

The ONLY reason for having cutouts is to make the ground ‘look’ colourful and ‘not empty’ on TV.

So are they seriously proposing to fill the upper tiers, which barely feature in TV coverage, and leave the lower tiers, which DO feature, empty?

WTAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems quite logical using the upper tiers only, if you think about it really.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Wolves have already announced they are putting a huge mosaic up in the SJH Stand, tickets on sale today. To have your face on the mosaic and receive a special edition programme, is £7.

I think that's a pretty good idea actually and it's not overly expensive either and raises a few quid for the club.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I would guess that they are also planning on most of next season's games also being behind closed doors, so the cut outs could be there for a long time.
They'll need to give them coats.

I think it's a good idea, but like others I don't understand why they wouldn't begin with the East Lower, North and South stands.

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I think that's a pretty good idea actually and it's not overly expensive either and raises a few quid for the club.

If the programme included is anything like the special ones they did for the Europa league matches, then it is definitely worth the £7. I can't see fans being allowed into the ground until next year, so the mosaic will be used for quite a few matches too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How many loyalty points do you get as a cardboard cut out, and do you get to keep your cut out when fans are allowed back into grounds.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Already available to buy on the ticketing website. £20 with a percentage of profits being donated to Albion as One Fund.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Totally absurd.

Apart from the resource wastage what is the poit when we all know the stadiums are empty. Who exactly are we trying to fool? The tv audience, the players? Words fail me!

Agreed.
I don't think the TV audience will be fooled as the cardboard 'fans' will be in the upper tiers :rolleyes:
Maybe in a break of play the camera may zoom in on the 'fans' :albion2: :facepalm:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here