Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Cardboard Cut Out Fan- Albion & Newcastle United Said To Be In Favour.

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 83 68.0%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let’s hope our fake sound feed isn’t managed by the teenage girl that seems to look after the twitter account (judging by the emojis etc) then.........

Actually. It will be amusing if there is a loud LOL when someone puts the ball wide, or a high pitched quick Oh-My-God when we score. And a what-ev-eeeer when Stephens passes back to Ryan.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Will they be properly authentic and start removing them after 80 minutes?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else ordered this £5 optional extra?

IMG_20200606_222235.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Surely there is some footage of the South Stand and centre line West stand seats they could print out for cardboard cutouts ?

Wrap an out the packet Persil fresh blue and white scarf round them, put on a "never went to Withdean" t-shirt and frankly the players would never notice the difference.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Fake crowd, fake noise... what do they think we are?
Silly, patronising gimmicks.. Please treat the fans with respect and just show it as it is. NB . I would rather hear the players cursing each other. Maybe that’s why they want fake noise.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I seem to remember a man called Maxwell wanting to add sound effects at Derby many years ago to add atmosphere. It was pathetic. The thought of us using card board cut outs is just as bad. I always think of a lot of Chelsea Fans as “Plastics” what will palace come up with? Who exactly are they for, the players or the fans at home?

However, I did watch the Dortmund game on BT last night with crowd sound effects and it definitely made watching it better.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Cardboard Cut Out Fan- Albion & Newcastle United Said To Be In Favour.

Absolute no from me.

They have decided to play behind closed doors so do just that. Don’t fleece us for more money for this stupid charade when we’ve already paid for part of next season that we probably won’t be able to attend and will keep paying for even though many of us have reduced / no income currently.

I’m falling out of love with football rapidly at the moment and have zero interest in the rest of the games being played to different rules. It’s just a farce.

And that’s without starting on the environmental reasons why this is a totally stupid idea.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's a no from me. I'd love PB to go on Dragons Den and try and sell it though !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Absolute no from me.

They have decided to play behind closed doors so do just that. Don’t fleece us for more money for this stupid charade when we’ve already paid for part of next season that we probably won’t be able to attend and will keep paying for even though many of us have reduced / no income currently.

I’m falling out of love with football rapidly at the moment and have zero interest in the rest of the games being played to different rules. It’s just a farce.

And that’s without starting on the environmental reasons why this is a totally stupid idea.

Will you be watching any of the Brighton games? Genuine question.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are they going to pipe the sound of sporadic tutting and the occasional fart over a background of snoring and Werther's Originals being sucked into the East Upper ???

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Thought this at 1860 Munich yesterday was probably just as effective as the cardboard cutouts and not quite as gimicky.

Unsure whether it's more environmentally sound than the cardboard cutouts, although yesterday Amazon delivered 2 small children's story books that my kids had been bought by their grandmother. The cardboard box was almost the size of a person once unfolded. And there was a load of plastic in it. So I can't help feeling the environmental impact of these cutouts would be quite minimal in terms of the broader picture.

102416224_10158276221409598_7558747567320789141_n.jpg

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Cheltenham Town are doing the same thing through Crowdfunding for their prospective play off semi in League Two. So far they have nearly 800 fans signed up and even offer spaces in the away end to Northampton fans (not sure how many have taken up the offer!).

The blurb on the Crowdfunding page ends up with “The one thing we do know is that when it does go ahead, it will be the only time our supporters will be 'board stiff' all season . . . “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Fake crowd, fake noise... what do they think we are?
Silly, patronising gimmicks.. Please treat the fans with respect and just show it as it is. NB . I would rather hear the players cursing each other. Maybe that’s why they want fake noise.

You know both the cutouts and crowd effects are optional, right?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fake crowd, fake noise...

Apologies if I've missed it above - this fake crowd noise, is it piped through the public address system inside the ground [so the players hear it too] or is it just added to the TV broadcast to accompany the pictures and commentary?

Personally, I'd rather hear the players talking / shouting ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here