Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Cardboard Cut Out Fan- Albion & Newcastle United Said To Be In Favour.

Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 83 68.0%

• Total voters

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If someone had said to me in January that we'd be playing Arsenal at 3pm on a Saturday at home in June with cardboard cutouts
in my seat in WSU and muffled crowd noises, I'd have expected men in white coats to arrive very quickly and take them
away. As for cardboard cutouts per se, what a ******g waste of time and energy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
So are they seriously proposing to fill the upper tiers, which barely feature in TV coverage, and leave the lower tiers, which DO feature, empty?

WTAF?

No.

Seats in the lower tiers, as with all other Premier League grounds in the next couple of months, will be covered and feature league-wide branding.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What is the difference between cardboard cutout, tinpot and plastics?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No.

Seats in the lower tiers, as with all other Premier League grounds in the next couple of months, will be covered and feature league-wide branding.

Ah. Didn't know that. Now it makes sense. Thanks!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It doesn't make sense really, as TV does not show the upper tiers during the match very often. What's the point?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Environmentally unfriendly and a prime example of excessive waste in a cash-rich business where money always has the overriding emphasis.

It's a [big fat] "no" from me ....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
B-Leverkusen are by the sounds of it pumping in muffled crowd noise, it kinda works.
Far better than the silence and feel of a training session.

BT are going to do this and Sky set to do it also. Certainly makes it so much more watchable.

The cut outs , looks better than seats but no point if upper tier only

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It a no from me just maintains the circus that is the premier league, the only way I'm in is if all cutouts are Hiney art.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No, I'm still none the wiser. Enlighten me?

Ask yourself how many times a ball gets whacked into the crowd in a normal game?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This, and crowd noise on TV, has already been happening in Rugby League here. Much better than expected. The fans and noise that is, the sport was still shit.

I watched Dortmund versus Hertha BSC this afternoon....the crowd noise was much much better than expected. They even had whistles in the 3rd minute of extra time when it was 1-0.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I watched Dortmund versus Hertha BSC this afternoon....the crowd noise was much much better than expected. They even had whistles in the 3rd minute of extra time when it was 1-0.

Let’s hope our fake sound feed isn’t managed by the teenage girl that seems to look after the twitter account (judging by the emojis etc) then.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here