Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
Help! I just saw some black peole outside... i don't know what they are planning. What do I do? Is there some sort of vigilante i can call or something? My cat is being no use. Damn the thing. Are the police still racist?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I f***ing despise the 'brits wont work for the money' argument. yes you can be cheaper if you live 15 to a house in peckham, but most of the arguments come from people who despise british people with trades earning more than middle class british people with the pointless office non jobs they think they are entitled to due to a poly education. how dare a plumber earn 60k a year when i am a posh div whos only contribution to the economy is putting together powerpoint presentations about 'solutions'! Bring in the poles to grout my tiles i am not man enough to do myself and get me a nanny while you're at it.

snobbery plays no small part in the immigration debate, its been a fantastic stick to beat the lower orders with, with their 'uneducated' dismay at having their communities or livelihoods blown to bits while soppy nuts knock one out about fantastic polish sausages in their local deli.
I can take or leave your Russian lad/Nigerian ROI bollocks but this part is almost bang on. The problem here is not with middle class divs or whatever, and it's not with immigrants. It's with successive governments not doing enough to get British people qualified with proper trades in the first place. We're paying £70k a year for our plumbers because there are none about anymore thanks to Thatcher closing down YTS allowances and successive Tory/Labour governments doing f***-all to reverse the problem that this caused. Feeble poly/uni targets are and have always been absolutely useless, except to trap thousands of 20 somethings into a decade of pointlessly accumulated debt.

Your middle class slur is inverted snobbery and you know it - for two reasons:
Firstly, there are loads of middle class people re-training to become plumbers and sparkies precisely because it is so well paid. Being middle class does not preclude anyone from learning a trade such as these.
Secondly, if these tedious office jobs pay so well for such little skill, why don't the working classes get into those jobs? It's the same crappy argument trotted out by middle classes about lazy tube drivers whenever they go on strike over another above inflation pay increase without being armed with the facts. i.e. if it's such money for old rope, why don't YOU do it?

Jan 30, 2008
Help! I just saw some black peole outside... i don't know what they are planning. What do I do? Is there some sort of vigilante i can call or something? My cat is being no use. Damn the thing. Are the police still racist?
sounds like the street lightings not working ,phone a friend.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
thats the problem ,not enough salt of the earth types on here for my liking ,most employers are feeding off the exploitation of foreign labour

when foreign labourers start working in soho production studios or start organising pointless and vastly overpriced and unproductive conferences, then you might see a change of tack on here. Until then dont hold your breath mate!

:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
I can take or leave your Russian lad/Nigerian ROI bollocks but this part is almost bang on. The problem here is not with middle class divs or whatever, and it's not with immigrants. It's with successive governments not doing enough to get British people qualified with proper trades in the first place. We're paying £70k a year for our plumbers because there are none about anymore thanks to Thatcher closing down YTS allowances and successive Tory/Labour governments doing f***-all to reverse the problem that this caused. Feeble poly/uni targets are and have always been absolutely useless, except to trap thousands of 20 somethings into a decade of pointlessly accumulated debt.

Firstly, there are loads of middle class people re-training to become plumbers and sparkies precisely because it is so well paid. Being middle class does not preclude anyone from learning a trade such as these.
Secondly, if these tedious office jobs pay so well for such little skill, why don't the working classes get into those jobs? It's the same crappy argument trotted out by middle classes about lazy tube drivers whenever they go on strike over another above inflation pay increase without being armed with the facts. i.e. if it's such money for old rope, why don't YOU do it?
everyone has a pidgeon hole :rolleyes: flow charts , feeling lonely lets call a meeting, all good office work

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

you make good points my friend. Fair play.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I.

Call it discrimination. Its well known if your CV has an address of a run down area. You willl be lucky to get an interview

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
get a good night sleep , don't have nightmares

Tthe only nightmares around here is your arse spouted posts felchy. Why dont you log off and put your laptop back in its burberry case then go outside and check that nobody has been stealing your Garden gnomes or the stonecladding of the walls?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Fantastic post.

1066gull

Lowest I will ever personally consider supporting is UKIP, but at the moment I am still Tory, but I'm getting a little frustrated as they are offering nothing for me what they would do differently other than criticise Labour.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

BUT

why shouldnt we pay plumbers 70k? You are still making out like its undeserved and we are trapped by market forces. The very argument that brings joy to those who have loved seeing the poles stop this little racket for the proles.

No middle class slur. Most builders I know are solidly middle class. You know full well what I mean, its just shorthand for a certain kind of prick. Its not the 30's.

There are plenty of 'working class' people in pointless overpaid office jobs. Ever worked in the City?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BUT

why shouldnt we pay plumbers 70k? You are still making out like its undeserved and we are trapped by market forces. The very argument that brings joy to those who have loved seeing the poles stop this little racket for the proles.
Eh? I'm saying we *should* pay our plumbers 70k because of market forces. We ARE trapped by market forces, that is what the market has decided qualified plumbers are worth! The word "undeserved" doesn't come into it in this context, because it's all about what people are prepared to pay. I happen to believe it doesn't matter what you do, you "deserve" your money if you do whatever job you do (at the agreed rate/salary) to the standard expected by your client. As I say, you're the one on some misplaced crusade bordering on class war. I'm just pointing out that the reason we pay so much for these skilled tradesmen is because of a skills shortage caused by policies of 2 decades ago which hasn't been reversed! Not the fault of immigrants, or the British middle class.

No middle class slur. Most builders I know are solidly middle class. You know full well what I mean, its just shorthand for a certain kind of prick. Its not the 30's.

There are plenty of 'working class' people in pointless overpaid office jobs. Ever worked in the City?
Of course it was a middle class slur - all that bollocks about tiling and nannies. Completely irrelevent, and a needless swipe at them. Personally, most of my career has been spent in the City and of course there are people who don't add a great deal of value. But I'd say the same thing about any big organisation, the NHS, BT, civil servants, they all have their fair share of people adding no value.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Call it discrimination. Its well known if your CV has an address of a run down area. You willl be lucky to get an interview
I thought these run down areas were run down because of immigrants? You know, the ones taking all our jobs. So how can these immigrants be taking the jobs when they themselves live in run down areas?

Smells of yet more classic BNP horseshit.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
My great grandfather moved here from Italy, he worked extremely hard in the icecream business and became a millionaire. He was working class and an immigrant, if he could become a millionaire i think anyone could. Its just in this country they don't put the work into it, which is why the immigrants come and do it for them.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Of course it was a middle class slur - all that bollocks about tiling and nannies.

yes that bit was meant as a slur. So what. I dont see anything wrong with not being mega impressed with fit healthy people who cannot do basic jobs round their house, but will only pay for it if they get it cut price as they are too tight to pay the going rate, or get other people to look after their kids for no good reason apart from laziness or greed.

Its only bollocks in your eyes. Not mine.

Top post, although I would add that there of plenty of working class people working in administration/banks/call centers etc etc. I don't think class comes into the majority of professions these days and quite right to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yes that bit was meant as a slur. So what. I dont see anything wrong with not being mega impressed with people who cannot do basic jobs round their house, or get other people to look after their kids for no good reason apart from laziness or greed.

Oh I agree, that really is far from impressive and there are indeed people out there just like that. But then I build my own patios and plumb in my own sinks so you're not slurring me anyway. ;)

But going back to your original quote:
The Spanish said:
I f***ing despise the 'brits wont work for the money' argument. yes you can be cheaper if you live 15 to a house in peckham, but most of the arguments come from people who despise british people with trades earning more than middle class british people with the pointless office non jobs they think they are entitled to due to a poly education. how dare a plumber earn 60k a year when i am a posh div whos only contribution to the economy is putting together powerpoint presentations about 'solutions'! Bring in the poles to grout my tiles i am not man enough to do myself and get me a nanny while you're at it.
You're labelling anyone who is of the opinion that something is wrong if we're paying plumbers 60k a year as a middle class ponce with no skills beyond the using Powerpoint and who has a nanny to do everything at home.

That's the bit that's bollocks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
yes that bit was meant as a slur. So what. I dont see anything wrong with not being mega impressed with fit healthy people who cannot do basic jobs round their house, but will only pay for it if they get it cut price as they are too tight to pay the going rate, or get other people to look after their kids for no good reason apart from laziness or greed.

Mate come on.

You always put forward a good argument but you do come across as someone who is a big snob when it comes to the middle classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here