Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incidentally its been reported in The Independent (and elsewhere) recently that many (legal) foreign workers are now f***ing off back home due to the recession and the pound falling against the euro!!!

Er - yes, that how migrant labour works.

Do you think that the economy is better for these people leaving ?

If so - please explain.

I understand my wording was not good on the 'lower skilled jobs'. I'm not over cleaver as it happens.

It's a bit of a soap box of mine as it happens. I happen to have a degree in applied physics but I do not reagrd myself as any more intelligent than someone who can do the gardening and has exceptional skill in doing so. And that person is no thicker than I. They are just differently educated and I have probably been a bit more fortunate in my life chances over the years.

I know people with phd's who can't top the oil up in their car engines. To me that is truely thick and no amount of education or degrees will change that.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think that's a reasonable thing though don't you? To want most of your population to have a good education? They're not forcing it on anyone though.

For the record, I'm not a Labour voter.

I will calm down.

Cool.

The fact is, not everyone is cleaver enough to go and do a 'proper' degree. There's nothing wrong with that. Thats not to say that i dont think people on lower incomes or have no income at all should not go to univercity. It should be about how bright you are. I supose what they do is say "lets get 75% in, and hope to god that 45% finnish it".

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
It's a bit of a soap box of mine as it happens. I happen to have a degree in applied physics but I do not reagrd myself as any more intelligent than someone who can do the gardening and has exceptional skill in doing so. And that person is no thicker than I. They are just differently educated and I have probably been a bit more fortunate in my life chances over the years.

I know people with phd's who can't top the oil up in their car engines. To me that is truely thick and no amount of education or degrees will change that.

Do you know what? I completly agree with you. Although, to have a degree in Physics, does take more inteligence than gardening for example. Not everyone can do it, (physics that it). Obviously not everyone can garden, i can cut the grass an thats about it.
Proberly not explaining myself very well there!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Er - yes, that how migrant labour works.

Do you think that the economy is better for these people leaving ?

If so - please explain.

Difficult to tell in the current economic climate.

The main point of that post, which of course you've conveniently chosen to ignore, is
that cheap foreign labour drives down pay and living standards of our own
British work-force and, quite often, of those that can least afford to take a pay cut or be put out of a job!!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

The main point of that post, which of course you've conveniently chosen to ignore, is
British work-force and, quite often, of those that can least afford to take a pay cut or be put out of a job!!

and they claim to support the working class :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I wasn't making any point at all.

I was more wondering what point you were trying to by finishing your post with that little nugget of economic genius about migrant workers moving to where the work is.

.. and then moving back.

It was even flourished off with an exclamation mark as if it had some importance to your overall argument.

So I wondered whether you thought it was a good thing and try to explain why.

As you can't I wished I hadn't bothered asking.

The reality of course is that any mass drop in the working population doesn't help the economy at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A billboard poster has just gone up near Grimsby bus station urging people to vote UKIP on June 4th with the message of NO TO THE EU and NO MORE UNLIMITED IMMIGRATION. Had this been a BNP poster with the same message there would have been uproar.

Jan 30, 2008
Just because no-one on here has any first-hand knowledge it doesn't prove your point though, does it?!

Most illegal immigrants will flock to areas where immigrants or there descendants already live and who can provide a support network and where the newcomers can disappear - and that generally isnt Sussex!!
its commonly known as phone a friend, i know a polish guy who got a call to come to brighton and that he would have accomodation when he arrived ........ guess what, he spent two nights on BRIGHTON BEACH

your right bluenose sussex isn't the no 1 place to come , to many of the anti BNP on here need to get out and about a bit more .

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
its commonly known as phone a friend, i know a polish guy who got a call to come to brighton and that he would have accomodation when he arrived ........ guess what, he spent two nights on BRIGHTON BEACH

your right bluenose sussex isn't the no 1 place to come , to many of the anti BNP on here need to get out and about a bit more .

it amazes me how many people who claim that what they havent seen doesnt exist.

1) drinking with a russian lad earlier works for a mate, been here illegally for 4 years plumbing. nice bloke, knows hes breaking the rules, earns, but there is no way you can say him being happy with 200 quid a week isnt doing a british lad out of work, or at least earning enough to have a nice life for his family. perhaps if he had been smart enoughto get a job in the media he wouldnt be in such trouble though, its his look out i suppose.

2) countless africans i know who are on the get into the ROI first scam, quick EU passport then off to london. half the cars in my street are irish registered owned by nigerians. the mother of the nigerian girl up for the firing squad in laos got them all into the UK via her moody student visa to ireland.

I could give you countless examples i could go on.

I f***ing despise the 'brits wont work for the money' argument. yes you can be cheaper if you live 15 to a house in peckham, but most of the arguments come from people who despise british people with trades earning more than middle class british people with the pointless office non jobs they think they are entitled to due to a poly education. how dare a plumber earn 60k a year when i am a posh div whos only contribution to the economy is putting together powerpoint presentations about 'solutions'! Bring in the poles to grout my tiles i am not man enough to do myself and get me a nanny while you're at it.

snobbery plays no small part in the immigration debate, its been a fantastic stick to beat the lower orders with, with their 'uneducated' dismay at having their communities or livelihoods blown to bits while soppy nuts knock one out about fantastic polish sausages in their local deli.

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i like your style spanish, you couldn't have put those points better :thumbsup:

not being funny mate but i know plenty of illegals. i know plenty of British people who employ them, and i understand why they do. I dont approve but I dont knock them. f*** me I would do the same if there was a place as full of soppy idiots who would let me get away with it as they want to buy the world a coke to feel better about themselves. What I knock is drearily predictable trendy mongs who drone on about believing they will all go home when the work dries up, or they are a value to our economy, based on meaningless statistics they have picked up off the internet to suit an argument to validate their views that help pull birds at college (and into later life, organic Hanover pubs).

Anyone in the building trade on here care to offer an opinion? Probably not as every fucker on here is checking their pointless emails on the wifi on the train back to brighton from their pointless job.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
maybe those refinery workers holding wildcat strikes are just lazy imbecilles who cant do the job properly, so need good old johnny foreigner to come in and help out?

I think attitudes are changing as the "cheap labour" immigrants work their way up the jobs ladder.

Jan 30, 2008
maybe those refinery workers holding wildcat strikes are just lazy imbecilles who cant do the job properly, so need good old johnny foreigner to come in and help out?

I think attitudes are changing as the "cheap labour" immigrants work their way up the jobs ladder.
go to bed!!

Jan 30, 2008
it amazes me how many people who claim that what they havent seen doesnt exist.

1) drinking with a russian lad earlier works for a mate, been here illegally for 4 years plumbing. nice bloke, knows hes breaking the rules, earns, but there is no way you can say him being happy with 200 quid a week isnt doing a british lad out of work, or at least earning enough to have a nice life for his family. perhaps if he had been smart enoughto get a job in the media he wouldnt be in such trouble though, its his look out i suppose.

2) countless africans i know who are on the get into the ROI first scam, quick EU passport then off to london. half the cars in my street are irish registered owned by nigerians. the mother of the nigerian girl up for the firing squad in laos got them all into the UK via her moody student visa to ireland.

I could give you countless examples i could go on.

I f***ing despise the 'brits wont work for the money' argument. yes you can be cheaper if you live 15 to a house in peckham, but most of the arguments come from people who despise british people with trades earning more than middle class british people with the pointless office non jobs they think they are entitled to due to a poly education. how dare a plumber earn 60k a year when i am a posh div whos only contribution to the economy is putting together powerpoint presentations about 'solutions'! Bring in the poles to grout my tiles i am not man enough to do myself and get me a nanny while you're at it.

snobbery plays no small part in the immigration debate, its been a fantastic stick to beat the lower orders with, with their 'uneducated' dismay at having their communities or livelihoods blown to bits while soppy nuts knock one out about fantastic polish sausages in their local deli.
thats the problem ,not enough salt of the earth types on here for my liking ,most employers are feeding off the exploitation of foreign labour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here