Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Birmingham match is *ON* thread

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my lad is in the transport police and tells me his colleagues in west mids police wanted to call it off today but the club insisted on waiting.
The pitch is fine and there are stands all round and I cant see any reason they wont clear the car parks and walkways round the ground. The roads arecurrently okay but will be icy in the morning and the pavements are horrid but okay. Transport tonight is truly awful.

The police want it called off. The club and fans want it on. Who wins?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Will the Birmingham match be on/Birmingham snow thread (merged)

my lad is in the transport police and tells me his colleagues in west mids police wanted to call it off today but the club insisted on waiting.
The pitch is fine and there are stands all round and I cant see any reason they wont clear the car parks and walkways round the ground. The roads arecurrently okay but will be icy in the morning and the pavements are horrid but okay. Transport tonight is truly awful.

The police want it called off. The club and fans want it on. Who wins?

The club will, can see them getting stewards in early to clear and grit the area - the last thing Brum will want is a Saturday game called off, would have a lot less income than a Tuesday.

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
I've just been on the bbc travel news website & viewed some of the motorway cameras, motorways look pretty clear from snow, fingers crossed no more over night & the game will go ahead

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The fact they haven't called it off already is encouraging, but I still fear the worst.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Just been a for a walk in the snow, it has just started snowing a little again but not too much, it is not too bad out there.

It is soft powdery snow not even suitable for snow balls! The saving grace I think was the lack of wind it has laid a lot (about a foot in places I have just cleared my front path and it was deep between the steps I am however up high and we tend to get more snow.) but it is an even layer no drifting.

It will I think now depend on how much more snow there is and how cold it gets but at the moment I can see no reason for the game to be off.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] - out of interest, what route are you taking to London if the replacement buses are still going ahead? Via Littlehampton or replacement bus?

Probably gonna be bus wankers, it's a direct bus from Brighton to Three Bridges - so hopefully the main roads will be ok.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Life in Birmingham today:

Code:
  [URL]http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-story-of-the-snow-as-birmingham-gets-covered-1222132[/URL]

ITV weather just now shows 2 to 5cm expected in Midlands. and maybe 5 to 10cm to the south, and south-west of Midlands.

Anybody know how long team-coach took to get to Birmingham today?

Anybody know if “our” policeman has any feedback from Midlands police?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Life in Birmingham today:

Code:
  [URL]http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-story-of-the-snow-as-birmingham-gets-covered-1222132[/URL]

ITV weather just now shows 2 to 5cm expected in Midlands. and maybe 5 to 10cm to the south, and south-west of Midlands.

Anybody know how long team-coach took to get to Birmingham today?

Anybody know if “our” policeman has any feedback from Midlands police?

Just driven round M5, M42, M6.

There is a load of snow there - well, at least on their motorways were the scummies are failing to do their bit to keep the network clear!

Really cannot see it being on for safety reasons if not the pitch.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
... Really cannot see it being on for safety reasons if not the pitch.

BBC Sport reporting 50% of League 1 already postponed, and nearly all of League 2.

At present none postponed in Premier League and Championship - who's nerve is going to crack first?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Will the Birmingham match be on/Birmingham snow thread (merged)

If the Leicester game is on, it shows with effort the game can go ahead, though that game is on Sky who probably forced it.

Birmingham clearly don't want it called off and if it goes ahead, then credit to them and their staff.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and we dont really want it called off,keep this run going,and a very winable game imo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not suit us, being the club not supporters, for this game and the one at Blackburn to be called off and allow more time for Leonardo to train with the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here