Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Birmingham match is *ON* thread

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
I'm planning on getting 8:10 train from shoreham via littlehampton , train leaves euston 10:43 but what timetable will be like 2moro I don't know

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My plan is to drive to Three Bridges from Hove and get train from there at 8.32. Hope its all going to be worth it. Otherwise this weekend will soon become a non event.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At last some sensible decision, the following has been posted on the Virgin train site, means can get refunds or alternatively jump on any train if decide to leave latter, or need to return from Birmingham earlier.

Tickets 18 & 19 January

Peak restrictions lifted on 18. Refunds if you choose not to travel. All tickets dated for travel with us on 18 or 19 January can be used on any train. This includes Advance tickets. Peak restrictions do not apply on either day. Customers who choose not to travel on 18 or 19 Jan may apply for a full refund from the point of sale.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
At last some sensible decision, the following has been posted on the Virgin train site, means can get refunds or alternatively jump on any train if decide to leave latter, or need to return from Birmingham earlier.

Tickets 18 & 19 January

Peak restrictions lifted on 18. Refunds if you choose not to travel. All tickets dated for travel with us on 18 or 19 January can be used on any train. This includes Advance tickets. Peak restrictions do not apply on either day. Customers who choose not to travel on 18 or 19 Jan may apply for a full refund from the point of sale.

Thank you for posting that.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Tickets 18 & 19 January

Thanks for the post sir/madam/comrade...I owe you a beer :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i didnt plan the trip,but ive been told we have to leave lancing at 645isg and go via littlehampton to clapham,then change at milton keynes to brum???,

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Took a dekko at the Foxes forum to see what they were saying about their game tonight (36 pages and still going). It's not been called off (yet) but seems like all roads in the area are gridlocked, 5" of snow (exaggerated I assume) and still snowing. Some are saying they don't know how the teams will get in let alone the fans!

If their game is on I'd have thought ours would be a cert

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
clapham,then change at milton keynes to brum???,

I've done that way before, it's basically the train we get to Watford and carry on to Milton Keynes. It's cheap but not the quickest, the problem is that the last train you can get from MK to Clapham leaves about quarter past seven and it's a bit of a rush to get there from Brum New St. You should be ok tomorrow as they'll probably let you get on any train cos of the snow.
If the rail works are cancelled tomorrow then you won't need to go via Littlehampton either.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Will the Birmingham match be on/Birmingham snow thread (merged)

Just walked home from centre of Brum, snow stopped and roads seem to be clearing. I'd say provided we don't get another downpour they'll have things in reasonable condition around the ground by tomorrow. My bet: on.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Will the Birmingham match be on/Birmingham snow thread (merged)

Southern have posted on their website that services tomorrow will be severely disrupted due to "Major Improvement Works" between Haywards Heath and Three Bridges - going from this I doubt the work will be cancelled.

Southern should just do the right thing and remove restrictions for tomorrow like Virgin !!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I've done that way before, it's basically the train we get to Watford and carry on to Milton Keynes. It's cheap but not the quickest, the problem is that the last train you can get from MK to Clapham leaves about quarter past seven and it's a bit of a rush to get there from Brum New St. You should be ok tomorrow as they'll probably let you get on any train cos of the snow.
If the rail works are cancelled tomorrow then you won't need to go via Littlehampton either.

cheers for that,had more info from you than the fella who booked!!!!,
we are due to leave clapham at 920 for mk so will no if match is cancelled before we set of from their

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just see we are on the 530 out of brum,i know its a bit of a hike,might be a taxi jobby

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So are we edging towards it being on now then? Best get the thermals out after all!!!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
[MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] - out of interest, what route are you taking to London if the replacement buses are still going ahead? Via Littlehampton or replacement bus?

Brownie10105

Aug 14, 2012
Cotswoulds
I feel for you guys. Im tootleing up from Leamington so should only take me 25 minutes! Saying that it takes me 3 hours to use my season ticket so ive built up a few miles. Anybody gets stuck your welcome over for a few beers if the game is cancelled !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here