Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big news is this

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, i think i'll be getting one.

Not dropping the adult price is SHOCKING though, suprised there isn't uproar!

If they'd reduced the prices for adult season tickets as well, then they probably wouldn't have been able to afford such a spectacular slash in U21 / child ticket prices.

I think they've got it bang on. It is imperative the club attracts the next generation of fans and get kids into the habit of going along to watch their local team again. These prices mean they'll be able to do that WITHOUT having to rely on an adult paying for them and taking them along. Hell, even the TRAVEL is sorted - thats a better deal than I used to get as a 15 year old going to the Goldstone !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are there going to be cheap under 21 tickets for the individual games though? Say a £8 - £10 a pop...?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If they'd reduced the prices for adult season tickets as well, then they probably wouldn't have been able to afford such a spectacular slash in U21 / child ticket prices.

I think they've got it bang on. It is imperative the club attracts the next generation of fans and get kids into the habit of going along to watch their local team again. These prices mean they'll be able to do that WITHOUT having to rely on an adult paying for them and taking them along. Hell, even the TRAVEL is sorted - thats a better deal than I used to get as a 15 year old going to the Goldstone !

Whilst I generally agree with your points, the club are running a risk of alienating the inbetweenies 22-59's. Obviously the ones with kids that like football will benefit hugely and fair play. But not everyone is in the same boat. As stated in my message to insider, I feel we are being taken for mugs, but, I will still cough up for my ST as I am a loyal supporter!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, i think i'll be getting one.

Not dropping the adult price is SHOCKING though, suprised there isn't uproar!

I am not wholey surprised to be honest.

they had to do something to try and encourage people back and I suppose aiming just for the yoof market has gone some way to help that. I agree I do really hope that this will being more people through the doors....although I am a bit surprised that they have done it as a season ticket incentive. I am not sure that many youngsters have that sort of money spalshing about that they can spend on ST's. i assume this will be the price based on paying next week ( or whenever it comes out) and it will go up as dates move on.

I still havent heard an argument why this is better for the 22 to 60 years olds in the crowd as they will still be paying £ 20 odd a game ( including the transport option)

if they removed the travel subsidy from the ticket i would certaionly look at renewing....just offering existing ST's the chance to pick a seat or wear a hard hat to visit the ground is not really a incentive is it?

I am trying not to be negative as I said Its a great offer for the kids......hopefully they will take it up and end up supporting the lads at Falmer. The club have got the rest of us already( so I suppose they needent offer anything really)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whilst I generally agree with your points, the club are running a risk of alienating the inbetweenies 22-59's. Obviously the ones with kids that like football will benefit hugely and fair play. But not everyone is in the same boat. As stated in my message to insider, I feel we are being taken for mugs, but, I will still cough up for my ST as I am a loyal supporter!

We have had prices frozen for 5 season though - I doubt many other clubs in the League have done that. Yes its still expensive, but I'm happy to carry on paying what I've been paying for the last five years if it means they can pass such a massive saving on to attract the younger fans back.

I think any REASONABLY-minded 22-59 year old would go along with that, but I accept there's always going to be a minority who will want to find something to grizzle about.

Theres going to be a lot of happy excited kids over the next few months though, looking forward to maybe their first ever season attending football. My 12 year old will be one of them.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
It depends which way you look at it. Being 19 I'm obviously very happy, but I think the over-21s should recognise that the club is trying to bring in more fans, and appealing to the younger generation is probably the best way of doing it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We have had prices frozen for 5 season though - I doubt many other clubs in the League have done that. Yes its still expensive, but I'm happy to carry on paying what I've been paying for the last five years if it means they can pass such a massive saving on to attract the younger fans back.

I think any REASONABLY-minded 22-59 year old would go along with that, but I accept there's always going to be a minority who will want to find something to grizzle about.

Theres going to be a lot of happy excited kids over the next few months though, looking forward to maybe their first ever season attending football. My 12 year old will be one of them.

Excuse me but i'm not grizzling (sp!). And of course YOU will be benefitting financially, so are understandably pleased. It only takes a few hundred regular season ticket holders to give up and this plan will backfire SPECTACULARLY!

As already said, i'm still going and even would if it was £900 per season! But we ALL need cashback. DK are you listening!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is a case of travel voucher included or play outside of Brighton and Hove.

I am pretty sure the club only have to pay for travel vouchers that are used, so those that do not use them, in effect, are giving a little bit more money to the club as opposed to directly subsidising those that travel.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it's a great idea and anyone who complains is just a moaney old git.

The club have got the rest of us already( so I suppose they needent offer anything really)

There are shitloads of older, full price paying 'others' that the club needs to entice back as well as bringing in new fans. I've never really believed that price was keeping people away but the original Gillingham game proved otherwise.

Good, positive move though. Let's hope it works.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excuse me but i'm not grizzling (sp!). And of course YOU will be benefitting financially, so are understandably pleased. It only takes a few hundred regular season ticket holders to give up and this plan will backfire SPECTACULARLY!

As already said, i'm still going and even would if it was £900 per season! But we ALL need cashback. DK are you listening!

Hang on - I'm not benefitting financially, because in addition to my own STH, I'll now also be shelling out for a season ticket for my lad that I wouldn't have done under the previous price structure. Thats an extra bum on seat the club wouldn't have had otherwise (he'd previously come along on the odd game as & when one of the STH's I sit with couldn't make it). So the CLUB benefits financially, I don't.

And I'm not looking for any "cashback" on my season ticket at all, because I accept the position the club is in, and has been in for the last 10 years. And I'm certainly not going to get arsey about U21 / kids prices being slashed, because with a fuller ground, MY experience at Withdean will be a better one as well, and its a progressive move by the club. Its the right thing to do.

Anyone who decides to jack in their season ticket this time round just because they didn't also get a reduction is a TOSSER in my opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on - I'm not benefitting financially, because in addition to my own STH, I'll now also be shelling out for a season ticket for my lad that I wouldn't have done under the previous price structure. Thats an extra bum on seat the club wouldn't have had otherwise (he'd previously come along on the odd game as & when one of the STH's I sit with couldn't make it). So the CLUB benefits financially, I don't.

And I'm not looking for ant "cashback" on my season ticket, because I accept the position the club is in, and has been in for the last 10 years. And I'm certainly not going to get arsey about U21 / kids prices being slashed, because with a fuller ground, MY experience at Withdean will be a better one as well, and its a progressive move by the club. Its the right thing to do.

If there is anyone who decides to jack in their season ticket this time round just because they didn't also get a reduction, would be a TOSSER in my opinion.

This is getting very near to be be a "IM A BETTER FAN THAN YOU" argument.

I know quite a few people who sit around me who were thinking of not renewing, me as one. If I am a TOSSER then so be it, however I see nothing in this that makes me change my mind into NOT renewing.

As I said, I think it is a brilliant idea to get the kids back, and I applaud it, but I think the club should have offered an option of removing the travel voucher for those who do not use it

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I know quite a few people who sit around me who were thinking of not renewing, me as one. If I am a TOSSER then so be it, however I see nothing in this that makes me change my mind into NOT renewing.

As I said, I think it is a brilliant idea to get the kids back, and I applaud it, but I think the club should have offered an option of removing the travel voucher for those who do not use it

That would be a great idea - if we wanted to be thrown out of Withdean...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think the travel voucher is a sticking point and certainly makes for an inflated price, but assuming it is £4 on top of the ticket, it works out as £1.72 a week.

Without the voucher, we would not be able to play at Withdean. A small price to pay in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If someone simply can't afford to renew then thats another issue.

What I'm saying is that if someone looks at todays announcement and as a DIRECT RESULT decides "well, they're reducing prices for everyone else except me so STUFF them, I'm not going to bother renewing this time" - then that person, in my opinion, would be a tosser.

If you were already thinking of not renewing Dave then you already have your own reasons, which is fair enough. I'm just saying anyone who didn't renew in "protest" at not having their season ticket price reduced as well, is being selfish and petty in the extreme and utterly failing to see the bigger picture.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

What I'm saying is that if someone looks at todays announcement and as a DIRECT RESULT decides "well, they're reducing prices for everyone else except me so STUFF them, I'm not going to bother renewing this time" - then that person, in my opinion, would be a tosser.

If you were already thinking of not renewing Dave then you already have your own reasons, which is fair enough. I'm just saying anyone who didn't renew in "protest" at not having their season ticket price reduced as well, is being selfish and petty in the extreme and utterly failing to see the bigger picture.

that is fair enough, but al lot of people have being seeing the bigger picture since the day the Goldstone was sold!!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

We don't often agree Easy but I think you're bang on with this one.

My only concern is the difference in prices between U-21 and adults. We may be able to attract people under 21 with this new season ticket offers but when they hit 21, a time when most people are skint with Uni/College/moving from home they won't be able to afford to go and you've lost them again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here