Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big news is this

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have mixed feelings about this. Personally I would have have gone for a reduction into the standard price of a season ticket down to, say, £350 and then offered under-21s a season ticket at a half-price £175. That way EVERYBODY gets a good deal.

However, the club must be applauded for taking bold action, even if it is one or two seasons too late - some of us have been saying the club needed to get clever with ticket pricing for many years now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We don't often agree Easy but I think you're bang on with this one.

My only concern is the difference in prices between U-21 and adults. We may be able to attract people under 21 with this new season ticket offers but when they hit 21, a time when most people are skint with Uni/College/moving from home they won't be able to afford to go and you've lost them again.

Surely its better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all ;)

Anyway, I'm sure moving forward the club will introduce new initiatives and incentives for those transferring between U21 and full-price. Once those youngsters have been going for a few years and reach 21, they'll hopefully have been fully brainwashed into following the club, and the new stadium will offer a far better, more varied pricing range than we have right now at Withdean.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is not bollocks - is part of the planning agreement for being allowed to play at Withdean.

We can't just unilaterally abandon it.

you just offer an incentive to the STH's who do not use it....

I have used it ONCE since we have been at Withdean. for the park and ride at waterhall and it was shite!

We have had prices frozen for 5 season though

I have to disagree with you there, in the 2006/07 season the season ticket included a cup game, this season it didn't. So imho we weren't given such a good deal per game for a season ticket for this season as compared to the last, not really a price freeze if you work it out per game is it?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hang on - I'm not benefitting financially, because in addition to my own STH, I'll now also be shelling out for a season ticket for my lad that I wouldn't have done under the previous price structure. Thats an extra bum on seat the club wouldn't have had otherwise (he'd previously come along on the odd game as & when one of the STH's I sit with couldn't make it). So the CLUB benefits financially, I don't.

And I'm not looking for any "cashback" on my season ticket at all, because I accept the position the club is in, and has been in for the last 10 years. And I'm certainly not going to get arsey about U21 / kids prices being slashed, because with a fuller ground, MY experience at Withdean will be a better one as well, and its a progressive move by the club. Its the right thing to do.

Anyone who decides to jack in their season ticket this time round just because they didn't also get a reduction is a TOSSER in my opinion.

I didn't realise that your kid didn't already attend.

No ones getting arsey about the kids deal. It's to be applauded.

As for people jacking in thier season tickets, everyone has there own reasons
and maybe, just maybe DK's latest plan will have sealed the deal for them.

I'm sure they will be back for Falmer though!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
you just offer an incentive to the STH's who do not use it....

I have used it ONCE since we have been at Withdean. for the park and ride at waterhall and it was shite!

So people who drive to the game should be given a lower ticket price? Yes, that will work...

So what you're saying is - hardly anyone uses the travel voucher, so therefore what's the point of having it?

Put it this way - I normally use the bus to get to and from the ground, but my voucher is rarely collected, which is actually the bus company's problem, not the club's.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So people who drive to the game should be given a lower ticket price? Yes, that will work...

So what you're saying is - hardly anyone uses the travel voucher, so therefore what's the point of having it?

Put it this way - I normally use the bus to get to and from the ground, but my voucher is rarely collected, which is actually the bus company's problem, not the club's.

where did I say that?

What I am saying is that not everyone uses the travel scheme....what about poeople who buy a ticket on the day at the ticket office and collect it at the ground....they cannot use the travel voucher but are charged for one!

So what you are saying is I am being punc=sihed for arranging other travel than whart the club wants?

So what happens when I do the phone in? All the park and ride busses have gone so there is no point using the park and ride!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I always use Mill Road P&R; it's hardly ideal but I wouldn't describe it as shite.

How do you normally get to games then?

my missus drops me off normally on the way to shopping or her mums and picks me up after the game ( when I do the phone in it is normally around quarter past 6)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
where did I say that?

What I am saying is that not everyone uses the travel scheme....what about poeople who buy a ticket on the day at the ticket office and collect it at the ground....they cannot use the travel voucher but are charged for one!

So what you are saying is I am being punc=sihed for arranging other travel than whart the club wants?

So what happens when I do the phone in? All the park and ride busses have gone so there is no point using the park and ride!

No, you're NOT paying for a travel voucher. The club - not you - is being charged if you use it.

Similarly, it's not a charge that's being passed on. If we didn't have the travel voucher, it does not necessarily follow the prices will drop.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, you're NOT paying for a travel voucher. The club - not you - is being charged if you use it.

Similarly, it's not a charge that's being passed on. If we didn't have the travel voucher, it does not necessarily follow the prices will drop.

Yes you are. When asked, the club says the ticket purchased includes an amount that covers the cost of travel.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes you are. When asked, the club says the ticket purchased includes an amount that covers the cost of travel.

If you feel that strongly, and bearing in mind you're advocating the club should break its planning restraints - merely offer the club £4 less for your match ticket in future.

If you feel the former is achievable, the latter ought to be a walk in the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here