Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best thing about Christmas #1: Little savoury snack things

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Guess what I'm eating as I type this................yes those cheesy ovals, squares, crosses etc things.

Cheese savouries are like pet dogs - theyr'e NOT just for Christmas

I'm really not sure why, but as a kid I'd pick out the round and oval shaped ones, and eat them, leaving the evil pointy star and triangle ones well alone. The squares and other ones were left in a sort of mid-table cheese-snack mediocrity, neither challenging for the title with the round ones, nor battling relegation with the pointy stars.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Generic photo of Port:-

IMG_2580_300.jpg

Dunno about anybody else, but anytime I've ever got stuck into the port I've woken up next morning utterly CONVINCED I'd suffered a major brain hemorrhage in the night.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Marks and Spencers have on offer a lovely creamy offering flavoured with a hint of ginger.. It`s called 'Gingerbread cream' funnily enough and I bought a bottle last weekend but it`s not going to make Christmas.
Will go superbly well with a tub of the Jacob`s cheesy footballs.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Dunno about anybody else, but anytime I've ever got stuck into the port I've woken up next morning utterly CONVINCED I'd suffered a major brain hemorrhage in the night.

Same with me too. I love port but drink it as if it's normal red wine, end polishing off a bottle quite easily. Fun at the time though !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you have done it properly a brain hemorrhage is the cowards way out!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Clearly not belonging on the food thread, but as I saw these beauties when I clicked on the advent calendar link, I want to know if anybody will actually be decorating their tree entirely with them?

001.jpg

Thought you would have a pair as ear-rings.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
has anyone mentioned these :drool:

Attachments

• walnut.jpg
    walnut.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 35

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Jacobs cheese filled footballs only available over Christmas period why I dont know. Sorry cant do the picture thingme.
Used to love these as a kid (probably just through associating them with Christmas) - now I find them repulsive!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm really not sure why, but as a kid I'd pick out the round and oval shaped ones, and eat them, leaving the evil pointy star and triangle ones well alone. The squares and other ones were left in a sort of mid-table cheese-snack mediocrity, neither challenging for the title with the round ones, nor battling relegation with the pointy stars.

Same for me, mostly because I used to indulge in the sport of swallowing cheese savouries whole and the square and pointy ones didn't half hurt on the way down :(

edit: Oh, double post, sorry.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

The hexagons weren't bad either, best of both worlds. Pointy edges for the grown ups, and the appearance of something round to keep the kids happy.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Anyone tried these?
Excuse the pun, but they're the Nuts :bowdown:

Attachments

• e008de61-44c7-40d4-9f58-b59722704392_Spec2_v1_m56577569834087471.jpg
    e008de61-44c7-40d4-9f58-b59722704392_Spec2_v1_m56577569834087471.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 126
  • branston nuts.jpg
    branston nuts.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 37

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Same for me, mostly because I used to indulge in the sport of swallowing cheese savouries whole and the square and pointy ones didn't half hurt on the way down :(

edit: Oh, double post, sorry.

They have to be eaten singularly and I must admit that eating the oval ones are the most satifying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here