Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best thing about Christmas #1: Little savoury snack things

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Cheese savouries are immense!

49380.300x300.jpg

Guess what I'm eating as I type this................yes those cheesy ovals, squares, crosses etc things.

Cheese savouries are like pet dogs - theyr'e NOT just for Christmas

It should never have taken until post 5 to get to this. Never.

When I was younger alternate handfuls of plain Terry's chocolate orange and peanuts was considered by me to be a healthy snack at Christmas

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I will have a look around, just used to Fosters and don't really try anything else. Last Christmas I thought I would try something different and went for Fullers, never again to be honest.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Fullers i hate also.

I would say Late Red which is lovely but i think might stop at the end of this month

If ya go to a pub again in November then Harvey Bonfire Boy this is amazing. Never had Harvey Christmas Ale

Leffe is a lovely drink

Chimray is a lovely i go for Blond usually
Duvel
Bitburger is up there

Hoggarden is a great Wheat Beer, so is Erdinger but Paulaner has to be my fav out of Wheat beers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[The audience members at the back of the crowd are having trouble hearing the Sermon on the Mount.]
Man: I think it was, "Blessed are the cheesemakers"!
Gregory's wife: What's so special about the cheesemakers?
Gregory: Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of little savoury snack things at Christmas.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clearly not belonging on the food thread, but as I saw these beauties when I clicked on the advent calendar link, I want to know if anybody will actually be decorating their tree entirely with them?

001.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
YES, and then add

Pistachio.jpg

+

Tesco_Original_Mini_Breadsticks100g.jpg

+

LN_512227_BP_10.jpg

and you've got yourself a fine NIBBLES table
I'm not sure tedious breadsticks have any business being on THAT THERE nibbles table. Surely your quartered dip combo selection is the main reason raw sliced carrot sticks were invented?

Fullers i hate also.

I would say Late Red which is lovely but i think might stop at the end of this month

If ya go to a pub again in November then Harvey Bonfire Boy this is amazing. Never had Harvey Christmas Ale

Leffe is a lovely drink

Chimray is a lovely i go for Blond usually
Duvel
Bitburger is up there

Hoggarden is a great Wheat Beer, so is Erdinger but Paulaner has to be my fav out of Wheat beers.

Harvey's Bonfire Boy GOOD. The youth of today would be better if they drank this in quantity - comatose after 3 pints and no bother to anyone.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
60464.jpg

These bad boys are sold only at Christmas in Thorntons. A true delight to consume in the festive period!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Generic photo of Port:-

IMG_2580_300.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're discussing good things about Christmas here.

You're not getting confused with these little fellas, are you:

after8.jpg
Wise words. Oh and incidentally, accept no CHEAP alternative to the classic After Eight. Asda after-dinner mint thins or whatever are a decidely GASH way of saving a few pennies.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wise words. Oh and incidentally, accept no CHEAP alternative to the classic After Eight. Asda after-dinner mint thins or whatever are a decidely GASH way of saving a few pennies.

couldnt agree more. picked up a couple of boxes of these badboys in tesco the other day. there was an offer on and i accepted without hesitation.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm not sure tedious breadsticks have any business being on THAT THERE nibbles table. Surely your quartered dip combo selection is the main reason raw sliced carrot sticks were invented?

You make a VALID point Sim, I think breadsticks do have their place but should be COMPLEMENTED with carrot sticks and Tortilla Chips.

I trust these will all be making an appearance at Christmas?
I am happy to add to it with Asda Smart Price crisps and ham :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You make a VALID point Sim, I think breadsticks do have their place but should be COMPLEMENTED with carrot sticks and Tortilla Chips.

I trust these will all be making an appearance at Christmas?
I am happy to add to it with Asda Smart Price crisps and ham :D
If you turn up with anything badged as Asda Smart Price, you will be spending Christmas in the cold room and will be sharing it with our cat, TOBY.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you turn up with anything badged as Asda Smart Price, you will be spending Christmas in the cold room and will be sharing it with our cat, TOBY.

But I thought it was a Christmas tradition these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here