Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best Rap Song

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Father Jack said:
Twista has got to be the fastest rapping artist out there, i defy anyone who says that isnt talent.

Doesnt he have the world record for the amount of words said in a minute or something?

He's an amaxing talent, love some of his rhymes

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
Have yet to purchase the delights of J5. Worth it, you reckon?
Definitely. :thumbsup: Quality Control and Power in numbers are both top class.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Brighton Boy said:
i think ludacris is awful but when he pipes up on someone elses tracks its never to bad.

his part on a certain missy song was really good.

cant remember the name though

Gossip Folks - i think it was called

He's not bad in Usher - Yeah and Ciara - oh either

Last edited:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Doesnt he have the world record for the amount of words said in a minute or something?

he is outstanding........i even like his soundtrack for coach carter and i rarely like soundtracks done by rap artists

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005

Agreed love his cameo in Trick Daddy's lets go

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Brighton Boy said:
he is outstanding........i even like his soundtrack for coach carter and i rarely like soundtracks done by rap artists

Hope with Faith hill? Thats a really good song, a real chillout one!

Agree with lets go too, hes so fast on that track!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
Killa Kella is the best beatboxer I've ever heard, can slip from hip hop into jungle seamlessly, and do all the bloody instruments, too. Amazing bloke.
Rahzel is an amazing beat boxer.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Sorry I've had to post a long one, but I've been rapping down the Freebutt tonight. Hip-Hop is very close to my heart, as its what I do, so please bear with me...

brightonfan_86 said:
Its has to be, We aint going nowhere, by The game and Eminem.

No it f***ing doesn't.

bigc said:
btw..its blatently Magic's Wand,by Whodini:)

Better.

Barnet Seagull said:
3rd Bass - Brooklyn Queens

Some very good choices, but I thought Gas Face was better than Brooklyn Queens 'cause it featured Zeb Love X (now rapping as MF Doom)

Father Jack said:
2pac ghetto gospel is another classic.

f*** off.

brightonfan_86 said:
Yes he [Tupac] is dead, but he was a legend before even died.

He had talent, but he was an actor who chose to pretend to be a thug. Overrated but well marketed.

eastlondonseagull said:
Big Daddy Kane - RAW

KRS ONE - My Philosophy

The Rappin' Reverend - I aint into that

Now you're talking. Although even I have to admit I'm not familiar with the last track.

Silent Bob said:
Boooo, I hate the way these record exec cockjugglers are exploiting Tupac, the stuff they're releasing is stuff he wouldn't have dreamed of bringing out.
I'm really liking Common at the moment. :cool:

Seconded. Tupac would never have dreamed of releasing this recent bullshit.

The new Common LP is pretty good.

eastlondonseagull said:
...Nation of Millions was their [Public Enemy's] best album methinks.

You'd be right.

Yes, he'd love gay people singing over his records with all the homophobic stuff he put in his lyrics!

He [Tupac] would have liked getting the attention, but not with Elton John singing over his record!

I don't think he'd be too bothered about the gay thing. He probably would be bothered about Elton John though.

Father Jack said:
Most people have only heard 2pacs ghetto gospel and changes because they are a little bit more suitable for the mainstream. His other stuff is also very good but unfortunately is offensive.

Hmmm. Bit of a generalisation. He's done plenty more stuff that isn't offensive than offensive stuff. Not that I'm defending him as a lot was.

brightonfan_86 said:
Produced by eminem and 2pac dad, 2pac dad wanting to do a album for his son!!! Why don't you buy the f***ing album and listen to it.

Erm... Tupac was brought up by his mother Afeni Shakur, and didn't have much contact with his father. Get your facts straight.

brightonfan_86 said:
Go back to your pop music.

You're the one listening to recent Tupac.

Silent Bob said:
Don't forget the legends that are MC Hammer and Sir Mixalot. :D

I like big butts and I can't deny.... :lolol:

at the moment id say kanye west is on fire [/B]

Very true. His new LP is fire.

Father Jack said:
Ludacris is good but only when he is featuring on someone elses tracks his own stuff isnt up to much.

The Potion is HEAVY.

Silent Bob said:
Check out Jurrassic 5, doin it old school. :cool:

The first LP was good, but now its all a bit gimmicky. Chali 2na is their only decent emcee. They were very good live at the Concorde 1 a few years back though.

Father Jack said:
Twista has got to be the fastest rapping artist out there, i defy anyone who says that isnt talent.

How can rapping fast be a talent. Check for Hold On by UK group Foreign Beggars if you want to hear fast and good.

eastlondonseagull said:
Killa Kella is the best beatboxer I've ever heard, can slip from hip hop into jungle seamlessly, and do all the bloody instruments, too. Amazing bloke.

I've known Lee since we were 16, and was in a crew with him called 360 Physicals a few years back. He is indeed very talented, but check for Schlo-Mo and Faith SFX as well.

Thanks.

If you want to check a bit of UK hip-hop, please check www.myspace.com/koaste (thats me)

www.myspace.com/enlish (my housemate)

www.myspace.com/drsyntax (Foreign Beggars)

Or there's plenty of CD's you can pick up in all good record shops featuring us.

Thanks for listening. Peace.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
D'Angelo Saxon said:
There's always one. Why do you feel it nescessary to comment on a thread that you obviously have no interest in whatsoever?

To boost my post count. Innit.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mike Jonnnnnneeeeeeeessssssss:lolol:

seriously though, "back then" has some kind of riotting effect on the kids of America, twice in clubs over in the states I witnessed a big mosh pit of mostly black and latinos when this song came on. I have never seen a crowd so hyped and it's on the radio 24/7 there :eek:

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
dwayne said:
Mike Jonnnnnneeeeeeeessssssss:lolol:

seriously though, "back then" has some kind of riotting effect on the kids of America, twice in clubs over in the states I witnessed a big mosh pit of mostly black and latinos when this song came on. I have never seen a crowd so hyped and it's on the radio 24/7 there :eek:

You heard the new NORE track, Chosen Few? That tracks gonna start a few riots up in clubs....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here