Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best player/performance you ever saw at the Goldstone

D

Deleted User X18H

Al Bion said:
I agree, I think Gerry Ryan's goal against Man City was one of the best I saw at the Goldstone, I seem to remember that the pitch was a quagmire, it was the 4th round of the cup on the way to the Final and I think we won 4-0 and I also remember that he seemed to run from almost one end of the pitch to the other.

Dean Wilkins last minute free kick against Ipswich to get us into the play offs was also something special.

My favourite performance by the team at the Goldstone is probably the 1-0 win against Norwich in the FA Cup, it was just such a special feeling at the end to know we were only 90 minutes away from Wembley.
Gerry Ryan did not score in the FA Cup 4th round on the 29th Jan 1983 on the way to Wembley ............you peoples memories I ask you.!!!!!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
perseus said:
Joe Boyle who later signed for the Albion. Wally Gould (a player a bit like Gary Hart) deliberately provoked him.

John Boyle, husband of Katie. I don't remember him joining us.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
hove born&bred said:
Gerry Ryan did not score in the FA Cup 4th round on the 29th Jan 1983 on the way to Wembley ............you peoples memories I ask you.!!!!!!

...well it was a long time ago but it was a special goal and it was definitely against Man City, I thought it was around Christmas/New Year time too. What season was it then, do you remember HB&B?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
hove born&bred said:
5th Round I think I only remember one FA Cup Semi Final apperance.............alas.

Ok then 5th round....picky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here