Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Beatles..............

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There's a lot of people who think the Beatles were not all that. To them I say name any artist and then list their greatest tracks and for each one you can counter with a great Beatles track. Their artists' list soon finishes but the Beatles list goes on.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
There's a lot of people who think the Beatles were not all that. To them I say name any artist and then list their greatest tracks and for each one you can counter with a great Beatles track. Their artists' list soon finishes but the Beatles list goes on.

The Beatles aren't even my favourite band, but I can still acknowledge them as the greatest band that ever existed. No contest.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hey Jude.

Safe to say, I'm not their biggest fan. But I've fallen in love with Hey Jude in the last few weeks.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
There is so many to choose from but I have narrowed it down to strawberry fields forever, hey Jude and a day in the life :) anyone been to see the bootleg Beatles? If not I recommend it, they are bloody brilliant

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
By far my favourite Beatles Album, Harrison and McCartney peaked. If only Day in the Life had been on it....

We all know Ringo wasn't the best drummer in the Beatles, but only Ringo could have drummed like that on that track. It's hypnotic.

Someone said Rubber Soul on this thread and I whole heartedly agree with that choice, but it would be alongside Abbey Road... both ledges in music.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is so many to choose from but I have narrowed it down to strawberry fields forever, hey Jude and a day in the life :) anyone been to see the bootleg Beatles? If not I recommend it, they are bloody brilliant

No but I saw Macca live at the Roundhouse in an 'intimate' gig of less than 2000 a few years back... that was it for me... seen everything!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm not a great fan but I do love Strawberry Fields Forever.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not the biggest of Beatles fans but for me either 'She's Leaving Home', 'Blackbird' or 'In My Life'.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Top 10
1 In my life
2 Nowhere man
3 This boy
4 A taste of honey
5 Hey bulldog
6 Norwegian wood
7 strawberry fields
8 If I fell
9 I should have known better
10 She loves you

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
By far my favourite Beatles Album, Harrison and McCartney peaked. If only Day in the Life had been on it....

We all know Ringo wasn't the best drummer in the Beatles, but only Ringo could have drummed like that on that track. It's hypnotic.
. That was a one liner that's become a bloody urban myth. He was an absolutely genius drummer, as any serious muso will tell you. Drums for the song every time - he's Dave grohl's all time hero

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here