Votes: 12 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It hasn't been an interesting debate. Everyone with any sense agrees that the cull will not have the desired effect (i.e. reducing the spread of bovine TB) and is therefore useless.

An interesting debate would be regarding the motives of the govt plan, given the facts. Or debating attitudes to farmers - that would be interesting.

Very little of substance has been forward by the pro cull people, that is fair to say.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree with you completely that there isn't enough evidence to support the cull. But your farmer argument was a horrible way to go about it... you do them and yourself a disservice in this thread

Fair enough I will take that on the chin.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Very little of substance has been forward by the pro cull people, that is fair to say.

That's because the only evidence is 14-19% reduction over 9 years. Whereas better methods of intensive farming and vaccinations produces far better results but that's more expensive and isn't the farmers vote. Lets reduce the badgers population by a third instead in a massacre. Brilliant.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Badgers make some of the very best paint brushes available.
Well, obviously the badgers don't actually make them themselves, I mean they don't magnufacture them they just give up their hair to create the finest bristle brushes............... I'm not sure that they are keen on it though.

I am sure most Badgers would stand and give up some of their best hair for brushes, rather than being shot by some feral trigger happy twat employed by farmers who can't do the job properly and go to ground and die a horrible and painful death

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Honey Badgers LAUGH at cullings.

Honey-Badger-With-Snake.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry if I offended Piltdown Man. Feelings are running high. It's been an interesting debate. We will see how this thing pans out but I think the " shooters " are going to come up against a shit load of opposition and saboteurs whilst they carry out their work.

Im fine with it US

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I think it's very interesting that there is another thread running on this forum at the moment about foxes, and how they are causing destruction in gardens. Loads of people are suggesting they should be shot, trapped or killed in a number of different ways. Just because badgers look pretty doesn't make them any better than foxes. It's amazing how the Cuddly Brigade will rise in defence of one animal, but not the other.

Nothing to do with the cuddly brigade...

Just produce some fact as to why they shouldn't be culled? I cannt see why a mass killing of 30% of the badgers population will stop TB...

1) Lots of healthy badgers will be caught up in it and innocently killed, which is wrong.
2) Who's to say that the badgers left alive aren't the majority of the TB carriers?

The only option is vaccinations against the farm animals or the badgers?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Reading Natural England it reads oddly does the Cull take place in the open ie the country side or is it only on farmland i cant figure it out.

In the debate on 5 Live this morning the guy said they would spend two weeks building up the Badgers trust by selecting areas of high popluation and feeding them peanuts which they love apparently and then when they feel save and secure after 2 weeks go along and blast them through the head ( hopefully ) for a quick kill with night vision rifles. They aim to just wipe out 70% of the population even though he admitted only 1% were probably infected.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
In the debate on 5 Live this morning the guy said they would spend two weeks building up the Badgers trust by selecting areas of high popluation and feeding them peanuts which they love apparently and then when they feel save and secure after 2 weeks go along and blast them through the head ( hopefully ) for a quick kill with night vision rifles. They aim to just wipe out 70% of the population even though he admitted only 1% were probably infected.

now how it reads on Natural England at all

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
now how it reads on Natural England at all

They have hired contractors to do this. This is how they are doing it. There is no way of sugar coating it. They will shoot from range downwind and " hope " they get a decent head shot. You can be assured throusands will be maimed and die a slow and painful death however.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
again not how it reads on natural england who issued the licences

What do they say then as the bloke on the radio is in charge of operations so this is the way they will do it ? It is going to be very nasty and very bloody and if anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
What do they say then as the bloke on the radio is in charge of operations so this is the way they will do it ? It is going to be very nasty and very bloody and if anyone thinks otherwise they are deluded.

Have you not read the natural England website then US, i mean your so into this surely you would have read it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So (the original) Saxondale is now involved. Pest Control. Hurrm Hurrm.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have you not read the natural England website then US, i mean your so into this surely you would have read it?

I don't know what to say. I am telling you what the man who is in charge of operations said on the radio. Are you saying he is lying ? I am confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here