Votes: 12 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I dont see how what US said even shows on that natural england site, can you show me where it says they will feed them peanuts for 2 weeks.

Because the guy in charge of operations said that this is how it is being done.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
From the last cull. On the BBC website.

Peanuts are expected to be used as bait to trap badgers as part of a plan to cull them in areas of mid and south west Wales.

The animals are known to like peanuts and they are commonly used to encourage badgers into people's gardens.

The Welsh Assembly Government said it would use an "appropriate bait" to catch badgers, but it is believed peanuts will be used.

The cull aims to combat the bovine TB infection and could start in May.

It has been strongly opposed by animal charity the Badger Trust.

Last month, it applied to the High Court for a judicial review of the proposed cull. Justice Lloyd Jones is expected to make a ruling next month.

During our planned cull of badgers in the pilot area, the traps will be baited using an appropriate bait that is attractive to badgers

Welsh Assembly Government spokesman
The assembly government said studies indicated that a cull might tackle the infection.

The cull area covers 288 sq km (111 sq mile) of north Pembrokeshire, and a small part of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire.

The assembly government has said these areas had "endemic" TB infections, with 42% of cattle owners having at least one case of the disease in their herd since 2003.

It is understood that peanuts will be used to entice badgers into traps during the cull.

A Welsh Assembly Government spokesman said: "During our planned cull of badgers in the pilot area, the traps will be baited using an appropriate bait that is attractive to badgers, but we can confirm that it is not peanut butter."

The assembly government refused to reveal the cost of using peanuts or how many kilos or tonnes of peanuts it would be using.

The Badger Trust said peanuts were commonly used by people to encourage badgers into their gardens.

Trust spokesman Jack Reedy said: "It's a perfectly acceptable way of attracting badgers, although we don't approve of the cull.

"Peanuts are commonly used as a way of attracting badgers into gardens."

The trust has enjoyed the support of Brian May - best known as guitarist with the rock group Queen.

Fair enough I will take that on the chin.

Out of interest, would you have taken it on the chin if I had said it? Because I did want to, I just didn't want to be labelled a troll and a bully. AGAIN.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out of interest, would you have taken it on the chin if I had said it? Because I did want to, I just didn't want to be labelled a troll and a bully. AGAIN.

The bingo card is filling up nicely.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I dont see how what US said even shows on that natural england site, can you show me where it says they will feed them peanuts for 2 weeks.

The peanut part is somewhat irrelevent - the main concern is that they will be shot from a distance with no guarantee of a quick clean kill.

The bingo card is filling up nicely.

Correct. I came on this thread just for YOU. My life is meaningless without you. I dream of you at night. I spend my days scheming of how to get your attention...

Or maybe I would just like to contribute to a public message board and happen to disagree with the way you present yourself on said public board?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Although in this instance your bullying has STOPPED me from doing so. I hope you are happy US.

Quite amusing I suppose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will see how it pans out. The shit is going to hit the fan big style.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
On reflection, couldn't they just put some arsenic in the mashed potato?

41573_217464252817_2988775_n.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Look mate the bullet they receive, hopefully through the head won't come with an apology letter and a rose. It will be f***ing brutal.

You are making it sound like a Sam Pekinpah movie.
Are any of the badgers raped in it ? Sam did like a good rape scene.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We will see how it pans out. The shit is going to hit the fan big style.

The night of the Badger.... cert 18.... release date October 2012

'' It was a day like any other day, when 2 men went hunting badger ....... but what they didn,t know was that the badgers where fighting back''

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The night of the Badger.... cert 18.... release date October 2012

'' It was a day like any other day, when 2 men went hunting badger ....... but what they didn,t know was that the badgers where fighting back''

Don't joke about it. There is nothing more dangerous in the world than an angry badger with an AK-47.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are making it sound like a Sam Pekinpah movie.
Are any of the badgers raped in it ? Sam did like a good rape scene.

No, just pretty sad imo.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

To be fair to you Lokki you have conducted yourself with admirable grace and restraint. The temptation to have a pop must have been very strong as I left you with an open goal, a simple tap in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here