Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Snow in Essex. Looks like a fecking Christmas card outside.

Bugger.

Do one winter...just do one.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
No snow for the Brighton, Lewes, Eastbourne, Hasting areas, in the next week according to the Met / BBC.

Just driving rain. Far too mild down here, and by the time it gets colder no precipitation.

This.

As predicted, the bulk of Sussex had rain. Snow speculation was an unscientific guess.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This.

As predicted, the bulk of Sussex had rain. Snow speculation was an unscientific guess.

You mean as forecast, right?

Plus, to say had suggests this is over. There's a long way to go.

Just look at this GFS plot. 100% snow chances here tomorrow into Monday, with a developing precipitation spike. Monday could be interesting.

Meteociel - Diagrammes GEFS

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

It's been snowing quite hard here at Gatwick for the last two hours, obviously the ground is far to wet for it to settle though.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
You mean as forecast, right?

Plus, to say had suggests this is over. There's a long way to go.

Just look at this GFS plot. 100% snow chances here tomorrow into Monday, with a developing precipitation spike. Monday could be interesting.

Meteociel - Diagrammes GEFS

I know it can alter as with these temperatures it is small margins, but this time it seems almost conclusive:

Brighton:
Wet today
Then Sunday onwards simply little or no precipitation. Cold, but getting slightly less cold each day.

I wish we did have the blizzard, that 2/3 of the UK has had, I love the white stuff, but it's another case of mild S England misses out just marginally on temperatures.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Lightish snow here in Northants at the moment - but around 4 inches laying from the past few hours.

We've 4 Americans with us who arrived in our B&B yesterday for a week to 10 days of metal detecting. Not easy with the ground covered in snow! They're taking it in good spirits so far but I can see it kicking off a bit with their trip organiser if the forecast is right and this stays on the deck for a few days.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Its snowing quite hard here in saaafend on sea and i believe its meant to get harder. i love the snow, but it can do one now. it's April for gods sake. I want a bit of sunshine and warmth now

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Snowed all day and night in darkest Cheshire. Just cleared a good six incher (ooh-eer missus) off my drive but now stopped and thawing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Looks like this lot of snow is going to miss us but, it will even things from when we had that massive dump in Sussex a couple of weeks ago.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Snowed all day and night in darkest Cheshire. Just cleared a good six incher (ooh-eer missus) off my drive but now stopped and thawing.

You got very little compared to low altitude arrears of Wrexham, Mold and so on? I wonder why.

Live pictures from Sky News show those near sea level areas with 18" level snow everywhere, half way up farm fences.

So close to your home, but such a difference!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Lovely....trent and mersey canal i presume? Get many volunteers in that weather to open the lock gates lol

That was taken on the Caldon, but we're now back on the Trent & Mersey.

We were going to see Micky's boys take on Aldershot today, but it was unsurprisingly postponed.

Strange lack of volunteers doing the locks the last 2 days. I was expecting to at least see the lad that took. Us through Stoke the other day as he assured me he was out every day.

It's stopped snowing now, but it's damned cold!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here