Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The last time Shoreham Airport hit 21 degrees or 70 Fahrenheit, which in my opinion is a warm day, was on 9th September 2012 - nearly 7 months ago!

How much longer will we have to wait till we get a warm day? I bought myself a new BMW Convertible today, I kid you not!

Could be a sweepstake competition in that! Looking at the models, doesn't like it will be getting much over 10 degrees for the next few weeks.

I'll go for 22nd April as I'm going away for the week!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was taken on the Caldon, but we're now back on the Trent & Mersey.

We were going to see Micky's boys take on Aldershot today, but it was unsurprisingly postponed.

Strange lack of volunteers doing the locks the last 2 days. I was expecting to at least see the lad that took. Us through Stoke the other day as he assured me he was out every day.

It's stopped snowing now, but it's damned cold!

ohh havent been on the caldon....did trent and mersey yonks ago...was my first of many canal holidays ...experienced most weathers including part of the canal freezing up but not snow!..Can be much fun at the tiller

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Our 11 cm on the South Downs, compared to 45cm across much of the Midlands and North. It all evens out.

Yes indeed, our northern brethren are more used to a bit of snow so, proportionally this evens out. We all know what 11cm did to us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bloody snowing AGAIN in Essex. It's cold , grey and flipping misgog...I saw a depressing sight yesterday...lovely yellow daffodils all bent and soggy under snow...******* weather.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Yes indeed, our northern brethren are more used to a bit of snow so, proportionally this evens out. We all know what 11cm did to us.

I can't remember a snow event like the last 48hrs. The below is my neighbours car and a workmates car covered by a drift... Best go buy a shovel! image.jpg

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I can't remember a snow event like the last 48hrs. The below is my neighbours car and a workmates car covered by a drift... Best go buy a shovel!View attachment 40827

The last time Brighton had snow depths was in the Ice Age, so I understand.
Other than the occasional bit of snow, and the last 4 years we've surprisingly had a lot more, the midlands and north have these far more spectacular snow events.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Snowing here again, good size flakes as well. Looking cold for the next few days with a two part scenario developing for end of this week. One is for the Low Pressure to head into France giving us further snow chances, or it heads further north giving us warmer temps but pretty wet!

No sign of any High Pressure yet :cry:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

The last time Brighton had snow depths was in the Ice Age, so I understand.
Other than the occasional bit of snow, and the last 4 years we've surprisingly had a lot more, the midlands and north have these far more spectacular snow events.

Do the weather records go back as far as that regarding Brighton then?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

A few light flakes in Eastbourne, looks like we'll miss out again but since we probably had more than other places a few weeks ago - ill take that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Diddly Squat here in North Southwick but there is still some snow left in the Marks and Spencer Holmbush car park folks. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here