Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Barely snowing in Hove although it is predicted to be heavy snow. Doesn't seem to be settling!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The nightmare begins.

Indeed, I think thats possibly the most rapid freeze up I've seen, looked out my window at about quarter past 3 and was no frost or ice, now I look out and everything has gone white already with frost. If snow came now or tonight we could be in for an interesting time, doesnt look to be any huge prospects right now though...

Temperature dropped to -0.5 here, was 0.7c only 40 minutes ago. :shrug:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed, I think thats possibly the most rapid freeze up I've seen, looked out my window at about quarter past 3 and was no frost or ice, now I look out and everything has gone white already with frost. If snow came now or tonight we could be in for an interesting time, doesnt look to be any huge prospects right now though...

Temperature dropped to -0.5 here, was 0.7c only 40 minutes ago. :shrug:

I need to check what it is here... (I'm home now) work gets in the way.

I was very disappointed to see the snow gone by Hove on the way home :(

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Light snow seems to be settling as darkness looms in Hove; if it started snowing heavily it would be great!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I need to check what it is here... (I'm home now) work gets in the way.

I was very disappointed to see the snow gone by Hove on the way home :(

Whats the hope for snow tonight?

Or is it more the issue that whats left (even if it is simply a dusting) will ice over and become dangerous?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
1c when I just drove home from work, all stopped in Hove/Shoreham 3mins ago, radar does'nt look good, saw abit more on the Downs by my house but not enough to warrant a trek with the Snowboard just yet!

Yoda

English & European
Whats the hope for snow tonight?

Or is it more the issue that whats left (even if it is simply a dusting) will ice over and become dangerous?

We would need the flow of the streamer to swing back to a NE instead of an ENE direction. It's still going strong just not going in the right direction for us. :(

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We would need the flow of the streamer to swing back to a NE instead of an ENE direction. It's still going strong just not going in the right direction for us. :(

Yep - and they tend to die off overnight (and the forecast suggest so).

Added: the snow is doing what it did this morning, and is staying north of the downs.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, forecast in Crawley (work) says heavy snow for midnight tonight. Is this Right? Is it likely i will be off tomorrow?

To be honest the forecasting of these features is a nightmare... it could all fade back to the coast, or carry on, and the wind direction could change. If it carry's on mid-sussex might see more snow tonight, based upon the current wind direction.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The temperature dropped quickly between 3 and 4 pm and everything froze up. There has been light snow flurries from time to time but even now it is no more than a light dusting. Not even 1/4 inch. I know someone who had to go to Epsom today and he said it is 6 inches deep there and that is only 40 miles away. I drove to Devils Dyke and it is around 1 inch deep there and you may just getting away with some sledging tomorrow. It looks like the light snow has stopped for the day as the stars are coming out. So all in all close but no cigar.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
That's strange, US, I had the same conversation with someone who went to Epsom today as well. Who did you speak to?

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
blizzard conditions here for about 2 hours now, conditions are certainly worse than earlier this year ... seagulls of grimsby ....whats it like you way ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's strange, US, I had the same conversation with someone who went to Epsom today as well. Who did you speak to?

Paul Baggsy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Papa, net weather seems to be suggesting snowfalls on Wednesday and Thursday in Worthing. Does this look likely and where is it coming from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here