Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Netweather seems to have edged towards more sleet than snow for Worthing sadly, but still a few days to go for this to change. I suspect for the worse in a hoping for snow way.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And latest updates look fine up to about Brighton for snow on Saturday, proper stuff on Sunday and some more on Monday. Light stuff and sleet for Worthing. Looks like the sled can stay in the garage a little longer!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11827592

The UK is entering a prolonged cold spell which could bring one of the earliest significant snowfalls since 1993, according to weather forecasters.
Northern and eastern parts of the UK are expected to bear the brunt of the wintry conditions.
Overnight on Wednesday, 15-20cm (6-8in) of snow could fall in Scotland and 2-5cm (1-2in) in north-east England.
BBC forecaster Matt Taylor said: "It's not just a short, sharp shock, it'll be around well into next week."
He added: "We've had snow earlier than this, but to have as much as this across a large part of the country, we have to go back to about 1993."
The Met Office has issued flash warnings of widespread icy roads and drifting snow across much of northern Scotland and the Borders, north-east England, and Yorkshire and Humber from Wednesday afternoon into Thursday morning.
There are less severe warnings in place for snow right across northern and eastern Scotland and eastern England from Northumberland to the south coast from Thursday through to Sunday.
Wales and south-west England could also see snow on Friday.
Daytime temperatures in central London on Saturday could fall to around 2C (35F), compared with an average of 9C (48F) for the time of year.
In south-east Scotland, the temperature could struggle to get above 0C (32F).
Snow has already fallen this winter across the Pennine hills and the Scottish Highlands, with some roads forced to close.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thread of snow is still around, with Monday/Tuesday still looking good at the moment.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Any snow predicted in the Gloucestershire area?! I'm too dumb too understand the maps.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The ever lovely caddy lee preston was wearing a lovely dress this evening and I definitely saw some snowflakes over her perfectly formed left bosom tomorrow over Hove.

National weather with the stary scary welsh bloke warns of heavier fall just about anywhere over the weekend.

Personally I won't pay any attention til Papa speaks again.

That bloke is a weather yoda sure enough...but don't bother with his gold prospecting website...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes when Papa speaks, the world listens, including Michael "hurricane" Fish

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing in BN11 and Netweather is not looking that promising.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's still looking interesting through the weekend and beyond. It's certainly going to be cold for a good while now. As far as snow is concerned, there's a chance Saturday for some, and Monday onwards next week looks good for snow (or sleet) on just about any day. It's one of those situations where it's all about the proximity of low pressure to us, and any potential trough lines that cross the area. There is still a potential for some frontal snow next week, but it depends on where the low that approaches from the SW goes, as I mentioned a couple of days ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's still looking interesting through the weekend and beyond. It's certainly going to be cold for a good while now. As far as snow is concerned, there's a chance Saturday for some, and Monday onwards next week looks good for snow (or sleet) on just about any day. It's one of those situations where it's all about the proximity of low pressure to us, and any potential trough lines that cross the area. There is still a potential for some frontal snow next week, but it depends on where the low that approaches from the SW goes, as I mentioned a couple of days ago.

He has spoken.

I'm off to the US on monday...work not fun...perhaps I wont be able to fly. Now that would be a shame.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cheers Papa, I noticed the Met Office are kicking off warnings about the snow, slight warning for us on Saturday but nmothing for Monday...yet!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A slight sprinkling of snow in Crap Town this morning , the cold spell will last another 10 days according to local TV weather forecasts (based in Yorkshire).

Yoda

English & European

I noticed the latest model had it heading straight for us, and therefore rain. I take it the low would have to go more over the low countries and Germany for us to get snow from it?

Yoda

English & European
I noticed the latest model had it heading straight for us, and therefore rain. I take it the low would have to go more over the low countries and Germany for us to get snow from it?

Just looked at the 18z model and it has it tracking more to the East, which increases the chance of snow. Let's hope as we move on through the weekend it keeps moving slightly further over that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here