Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Work tomorrow at 5:30am, will it still be snowing then?

Or just what's left from today? ???

Probably not. If it is it will be a few flakes. Most of the snow from today will be finishing around teatime this afternoon.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Eased up considerably here now.

I now know what it must feel like to celebrate NYE in Sydney - I'm largely done with it all and everyone has yet to get going properly.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dated no earlier than TUESDAY afternoon.

What a pair of clowns.....oh, I made myself feel bad:down:

But if you look down that page, that was about 1/2 hour before it all changed, and the slider low started to appear in the output - that dark before the dawn, so to speak.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Where are the fecking gritters. Despite everyone knowing it was going to snow we have had not one gritter lorry in the hilly Higher Bevendean area. I've just slithered up the road after dropping kids off to school and work in Lewes. In another hour I will be fecking stuck for good.:censored:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sunday is looking very interesting. Perhaps even more than what we get today.

The BBC forecast I saw this morning was hinting that it might be an east of London and up the east coast type event.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
But if you look down that page, that was about 1/2 hour before it all changed, and the slider low started to appear in the output - that dark before the dawn, so to speak.

True! Just amazing to see how it appeared all of a sudden!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Car crash report, car has crashed into a wall opposite my house, it's not even that bad out here !!!

Did it skid on the dead Sparrow that was splatted on the road there in the photo ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Lewes Road out of Brighton is apparently gridlocked - 49 bus not serving Coldean either.

Did it skid on the dead Sparrow that was splatted on the road there in the photo ?

That's not a squished bird, it's a branch from a fir tree.

Getting very heavy now.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I now know what it must feel like to celebrate NYE in Sydney - I'm largely done with it all and everyone has yet to get going properly.

Lol. Yes, we're still not drunk, and the fireworks haven't been let off yet.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I like this thread because you can be nosy about other people's houses and gardens
:thumbsup:

snow1_zpsa570f7ca.jpg

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

we expect photos of your new created snow man soon then.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
True! Just amazing to see how it appeared all of a sudden!

Just when we had almost given up... to be fair, at the time I was getting model fatigue... and the trend semed to be towards the Atlantic blasting the block away... Oh how wrong some of the models were, eh?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The BBC forecast I saw this morning was hinting that it might be an east of London and up the east coast type event.

It appears to be quite a large band of precipitation, is stretches from Isle of Wight as far East as...Belgium!

Edit: 10mm of precipitation in Brighton for example, also suggesting it will all be snow.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

snowing hard now and has been for hours... no let up now and skies very much grey all over. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here